Game Day Round 23: Collingwood v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final round of the home & away season sees two injury-depleted sides go head to head with more than just pride on the line tonight.

Collingwood must defeat Hawthorn if they are to play finals in 2014, but they will need to do it without a number of their big-name players, including Travis Cloke and Dane Swan. Former Hawk Clinton Young will also miss a reunion with his former teammates after he incurred another soft tissue injury in Collingwood's win over GWS.

On the Hawks' side of the ledger, three players that are normally locks in Hawthorn's best 22 won't play tonight, with Luke Hodge (knee soreness), Matt Suckling (knee) and Ben Stratton (corked calf) will all miss, while there are some concerns over the fitness over key defender Josh Gibson.

While the stakes are massive for Collingwood, they are also reasonably high for Hawthorn. A loss tonight and results going against Hawthorn across the weekend could see Hawthorn slip to fourth on the ladder by the end of the season, risking an interstate trip for the first week of the finals.

On the flipside, should Hawthorn thrash Collingwood tonight and Richmond comfortably defeat the Swans tomorrow afternoon, then Hawthorn may claim the McLelland Trophy for the third consecutive year.

A depleted Pies line-up - anything less than a 50 point win and I will be shaving my nether regions and taking a bath in aftershave.

I'd rather stick my wedding tackle into a lion's mouth and then flick it's love-spuds with a wet towel. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a hawthorn win, I have $50 riding on this with a collingwood supporting friend, she foolishly made the bet a lot earlier in the season when collingwood were playing well.

Bloody pessimist.
i tipped Hawks by 90, am i also being a pessimist ?

Need a hawthorn win, I have $50 riding on this with a collingwood supporting friend, she foolishly made the bet a lot earlier in the season when collingwood were playing well.
I have a running bet with a Coll mate, for dinner.
He started it after 2011 prelim, silly bugger

i tipped Hawks by 90, am i also being a pessimist ?

I have a running bet with a Coll mate, for dinner.
He started it after 2011 prelim, silly bugger
I have a dollar a point bet with my brother that started in 2008. Needless to say I've done well out of it.

I have a dollar a point bet with my brother that started in 2008. Needless to say I've done well out of it.
I hope your brother has paid up, my mate is a little slow on booking the restaurant.
He tried to offer up a 'Great Scottish sounding restaurant that does burgers'

Schoenmakers will likely play up forward. I personally just can't see any of Duryea, Litherland and Schoenmakers keeping their spots for next week when the others return.

I'm hoping Lithers has a huge game and pushes the selectors to consider him instead of Suckers, who IMHO has been very disappointing this year.

I'm hoping Lithers has a huge game and pushes the selectors to consider him instead of Suckers, who IMHO has been very disappointing this year.
Couldn't agree more, I have said before but Litherland i feel offers more in terms of defense and taking other players out of the game, he is cool under pressure with great speed, and i hope he keeps hes spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back