Game Day Round 23: Collingwood v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in Wellington Parade and have a bloody fantastic view of the G.
It has been really hazy all day and quite cool.
We may have a repeat of the fog rolling in early this evening and if it get's low enough, it could make for interesting viewing and playing tonight.
Imagine not being able to see what is going on..:p Like when you can't even see down the end of your street on a really foggy morning.

We may have a repeat of the fog rolling in early this evening and if it get's low enough, it could make for interesting viewing and playing tonight.
Imagine not being able to see what is going on..:p Like when you can't even see down the end of your street on a really foggy morning.

Might be a mercy for Pie fans?

Just about to start the trek from Gippsland to the G. Lovely trip normally, with a few friends, several beers and a few wee stops carefully managed.

Reckon we'll get the choccies tonight but the thing I want to see is us really switch on and be clinical. Not faxed about margin, just want to see us really take control of the game.

All the best guys for the evening lads and ladies, look forward to posting on my return from the game sometime around 1amish

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

:p

Well do I have to spell it out :rolleyes: ...... :p ;)

Funny how everyone was rating this as a danger game earlier in the year, now it's a 10+ goal win.
Yes, it's strange how perceptions change when your opposition has 18 players on its injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it's strange how perceptions change when your opposition has 18 players on its injury list.
It would be a massive ask to beat you guys if we had a full list. Now it looks like Mt Impossible. Go easy on the kids please. Good luck for the rest of the year, you won't need it tonight. Think you have the best list when fit and would deserve another flag

The pies threw everything at us with a full outfit earlier in the season. We saluted by 28 points in a canter, with injuries. Tonight we play a collingwood side missing cloke, beams, swan, young, mcaffer, toovey, adams etc etc. My point is even with a full side the don't get close. They are playing with half a side against a team which routinely whips them who are also looking to fine tune their engine before another finals campaign.
Hawks by 100+.
A fitting send off to luke ball who broke our hearts with that snap in time on of the 2011 prelim final. I reckon we would have taken down geelong the following week.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does get foggy. It's been a weird day, the fog lifted eventually but we never got any of the predicted sunshine and it didn't get near to the predicted 18 degrees :confused: I note the forecast is for the fog to redevelop tonight.

Nah, Geelong had our measure for sure in 2011. They toyed with us in the QF.
dunno, we had some serious momentum that year. But we did have the backman conundrum. I remember watching hawkins in that QF utterly destroy us. Still would have put on a better show than the pies

Would have liked Gunston rested as well, he just didn't seem quite right last week, and I can't see any benefit in him playing this week.
Anyway Hawks should do this easily seeing how depleted Collingwood are.
Hawks by 66 points.

Always Hawthorn
I think Gunners felt the physical burden pretty heavily when Rough had a rest at the pleasure of the MRP. I think he's been manhandled and is sporting a few bruises. A rest would do him good IMO.

This. Geelong and Collingwood were the best two teams, and we didn't beat either of them during the year. Looking back, i'm glad we lost in the prelim and not the GF
Nope. We lose the GF in 2011, we win in 2012 instead of collectively throwing it away (with the exception of Sewell and some other bloke who used to play for us). 2011 hurt me more than 2012 ever did

Nope. We lose the GF in 2011, we win in 2012 instead of collectively throwing it away (with the exception of Sewell and some other bloke who used to play for us). 2011 hurt me more than 2012 ever did

I'm not so sure. We lost in 2011 in just about the most painful way that we could. The fact that we played like shit, were inaccurate and carried some injured players into the 2012 GF had far more impact than a loss 12 months ago. On a side note, without the pain of 2012, who knows whether we win in 2013, so swings and roundabouts.

I agree, the 2011 prelim was so much more devastating for some reason. I couldn't shake the angst of that loss for quite some time. Maybe tonight will bring some closure! I agree with previous sentiments that a clinical, switched on hawk performance will do it for me. The reality is if it is a switched on hawks that shows up we should seriously tear them a new arseh*le. Expecting at least 60 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back