Game Day Round 23 - GWS Giants v Essendon, GIANTS Stadium, Saturday 19th August, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Brad 'the guy'? Keep hearing that re-build coaches don't last, so I assume he's a stop gap. If one of his main jobs is getting the team prepared to play, he's failing miserably.

I never thought we could win this but FFS, give some fight. I don't buy they are tired. We are nowhere near fit enough.

McGrath can't go with anyone.

They will sign McKay for overs. He’ll be like Shiel with Worsfold. “Big” signing to cover up a coach who’s in it for the retirement money. Somethings happened inside the club. The players have completely lost confidence and a sense of direction since the break. No better than the last 2 coaches. Amazing..
They have hit an absolute wall 5 weeks ago and never recovered. I have heard someone saying that we have maintained heavy training loads all year. I’m praying it’s this and not a loss of confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive suggested this and highlighted we have far to many we consider best 22
That simply aren’t. The following wouldn’t get a game at most clubs in current shape:

Heppell
McGrath
Stringer
Walla
Guelfi
Snelling
Durham
Phillips
Laverde
BZT
Wanganeen
Shiel
Reid
Kelly
Hind
Cox
Wright
Harrison Jones
Weideman
Davey
Stewart
Menzie

Almost half of our list are plodders and cloggers and I’m certain I’ve missed a few.
We’ve chopped and changed in every department (aside from on key area😉) and the culture of the joint has eroded to the point that we’re as directionless and spineless as a basket case ammo club.

That simply aren’t. The following wouldn’t get a game at most clubs in current shape:

Heppell
McGrath
Stringer
Walla
Guelfi
Snelling
Durham
Phillips
Laverde
BZT
Wanganeen
Shiel
Reid
Kelly
Hind
Cox
Wright
Harrison Jones
Weideman
Davey
Stewart
Menzie

Almost half of our list are plodders and cloggers and I’m certain I’ve missed a few.
And the bloke who will make the call will keep them around or downgrade them to the rookie list because we can't be too hard on the players

You know, I've never seen anyone barrack so hard against us winning as you do, so you can live out your recruiting team fantasies. Take it to the trade thread mate.
At least they’re not making a complete fool of themselves with a pathetic melt like some of the others in this thread.

Hmmmm I've been pretty positive all season but this feels eerily similar to past seasons. A complete and utter lack of effort when we are still a decent chance of finals.. like not even a whimper. We seemingly have a list of players that are allergic to success. I think we have hit a wall physically but the intent wasn't there from the first bounce.

I have sung Scotts praises all season but I'd hope there is method in the madness but this is an ugly way to end a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back