Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wilson 60m bomb goal out of the center had my juices flowing

Receives handball from Stocker ... couple of quick breakaway steps and .... BOOM!!

It was like something in his brain clicked into place and he went, "hell i don't need to be a bit player, i can take these pussies on off my own boot ".

It was like something in his brain clicked into place and he went, "hell i don't need to be a bit player, i can take these pussies on off my own boot ".
He shouldered the responsibility.... he had a split second to make that decision to either pass it off or see that that goal square was free and take on the challenge of nailing the kick .... he has the skill set to be a great player

He shouldered the responsibility.... he had a split second to make that decision to either pass it off or see that that goal square was free and take on the challenge of nailing the kick .... he has the skill set to be a great player
And more importantly - the mindset......

Dow has a beautiful elusive step on him and a nice low trajectory kick. Could be a player I think all going well.
He has a bit of calmness about him .... obviously needs to find the ball a bit more but he needs more time playing at the top level .... I would continue to play him and build his confidence

He seemed to feature in quite a few of our scoring chains on the weekend

Just needs to work on his tank / work rate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a bit of calmness about him .... obviously needs to find the ball a bit more but he needs more time playing at the top level .... I would continue to play him and build his confidence

He seemed to feature in quite a few of our scoring chains on the weekend

Just needs to work on his tank / work rate

So similar to Hunts. They’re the same age, both get 16-20 touches a game, 4 tackles, 4 clearances, 3 inside 50s. Lift them both by 50% and we’re cooking with gas.

Right now I actually reckon we're better than last year. Excited to see what we can do in 2025, there's a lot to build on and some really exciting kids.

Cal Wilkie is an incredible player.

Throw Crouch in that side and we are borderline top 4. The injuries hurt but having the games pushed into kids has probably fast tracked us. Sometimes the bitter medicine is the best. Same thing happened to the Pies in Bucks last year. Found heaps of good players already on the list.

Yeh some how Butters, JHF, Bont or Trac wouldn't improve our midfield significantly.

There are some pretty basic people in the world. Everyone wants to keep improving the list but waiting for a Goldilocks list isn’t a plan. Our best lists haven’t won us anything. Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond etc weren’t the best list. They were well drilled, had a game style that stood up in finals and cohesion. You should be building up your talent pool constantly. That’s a baseline. Otherwise you’ll stand still.

Throw Crouch in that side and we are borderline top 4. The injuries hurt but having the games pushed into kids has probably fast tracked us. Sometimes the bitter medicine is the best. Same thing happened to the Pies in Bucks last year. Found heaps of good players already on the list.
Crouch I think is cooked. If we could land a Macrae or a Parker type for a couple of years, we can transition the kids a bit. Also if Clark can get a run at it he looks a good inside pig. Doesn't look strong but must be as he seems to win it in close. Really looked the part yesterday in the second.

Pou is looking a genuine mid, Windy can work on his pure mid game as Stocker has shown he is a hard nut lockdown player in the guts, was instrumental in tightening up the centre clearances in the second and was involved in three direct goal assists while keeping Dangerfield and Stewart quiet.

Wilson had a breakout game and can transition to the mids next season, and then we have the two top ten mids we should get.
If Jones, Clark, Steele, and Dow can stay fit, we have a decent basis to improve the midfield over the next couple of seasons.

Needs to be ready by 2027 as we wont improve after Tassie steal all the decent picks.

Absolutely. If they give it to Xerri who won't finish top 5 in the b&f of the second worst team in the league.... jeez.

He’s actually been incredible this year. Really a shame we didn’t get him. He probably gets it. I think he’s rated top 20 in the league. Marshall for all round pure impact and MVP type impact is probably better but as a pure ruck the big Cherry is elite. Marshall definitely in the top 2 or 3 rucks this year.

The key thing we need to look at over the off-season is how do we bring this form into the beginning of the year? On our day we are good enough to beat many of the sides in the comp, this season has been really disappointing in that it has been over since about half way through the year. Like you say, to their credit they've been able to find ways to keep improving. But we need to ensure we are in it next year and fighting for a top eight spot again.

Replace fitness and training staff. Injury to mids derailed us

Crouch I think is cooked. If we could land a Macrae or a Parker type for a couple of years, we can transition the kids a bit. Also if Clark can get a run at it he looks a good inside pig. Doesn't look strong but must be as he seems to win it in close. Really looked the part yesterday in the second.

Pou is looking a genuine mid, Windy can work on his pure mid game as Stocker has shown he is a hard nut lockdown player in the guts, was instrumental in tightening up the centre clearances in the second and was involved in three direct goal assists while keeping Dangerfield and Stewart quiet.

Wilson had a breakout game and can transition to the mids next season, and then we have the two top ten mids we should get.
If Jones, Clark, Steele, and Dow can stay fit, we have a decent basis to improve the midfield over the next couple of seasons.

Needs to be ready by 2027 as we wont improve after Tassie steal all the decent picks.

Wilson looks like Wood’s long term replacement. His outside run is elite. Playing him on ball probably plays against his strengths.
Definitely need a bridging mid like Sydney did with Adam’s. They ended up not needing him but if that happens you’ll take it.

Dow is 24 and can't find the ball.
dows the same age as clarke wtf?

damn
clarke looks 30 and dow looks 16 ffs

dow needs some gym time, think he could be a good pick up long term

Dow looks and plays the same as he did when he was at Carlton.
Maybe he'll get better, but its a big maybe. Wouldn't want to be relying on it.

We were very fumbly in the first half , not in the 2nd half.

Geelong spent a lot of petrol tickets early playing an intense brand. I think they pressed us at every opportunity and we played nervous. Lyon seems to like to weather the storm and then surge. Once Geelong stopped bringing as much heat we were able to run off them and find space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back