Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Saints v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

A few players looked better, but I wonder how they’d go against quality opposition. I it looked a bit like a VFL game.
I am happy for Tim Membrey, but I wouldn’t be expecting a major change has happened.

Yep. Good game from Jones. Didn’t try and take on too much and played pretty well. Thought he was done, but maybe not.

Rapt for Timmy. Besides the goals, he was everywhere.

Had Mitch held a few he got his hands to he would’ve had a very good game.

I know it’s the Eagles, still it was pretty good to sit back and enjoy the last quarter, and we didn’t just put the cue in the rack. Every game is a confidence builder and hopefully we can win a few more on the way to the end without changing our ladder position.

Go Hawks!
Sorry for the devils advocate take but I don’t mean to be negative.

I reckon mitchito’s game wasn’t really that great. Numbers looked good but on the eye test he just scraped his way to a respectable amount of touches. They didn’t look like the sort of touches I want him getting.

He wasn’t commanding the play, forcing himself into the packs and streaming out with the ball creating clearances, often it was just bobbling out and he’d manage to get it and pass it on quick, good to get his hands on the ball but I want more.

I still want to see him go back to vfl and do what pou did, get some game time as the big boy, not some ancillary utility floating around touching the ball with the same influence as a random bounce or the wind

I don't like the way Ross is hesitant to give players props in press conferences. He's always been like it.

When asked about Membery yesterday there was just no enthusiasm. He gave Hill And Wood some love for how they are around the other players, but would it kill the arrogant bastard to shine some light on some onfield performances?

I watched Sam Mitchell's presser and it was chalk and cheese. Most other coaches are happy to spread positivity about their players.

Something worth remembering with Battle is we have a generous contract in front of him. It's nothing like McEvoy who we chose to trade.

If Battle chooses to leave then it's his choice, hopefully it's for a contract big enough to get band one.
correct -pretty much all of the other free agents have resigned with their clubs for less than offered elsewhere -so this is also on J Battle

I don't like the way Ross is hesitant to give players props in press conferences. He's always been like it.

When asked about Membery yesterday there was just no enthusiasm. He gave Hill And Wood some love for how they are around the other players, but would it kill the arrogant bastard to shine some light on some onfield performances?

I watched Sam Mitchell's presser and it was chalk and cheese. Most other coaches are happy to spread positivity about their players.
He mentioned Dow and Keeler 😉

Seriously though he has mentioned players in his pressers. Just don’t think he wants anyone to get ahead of themselves - we all knew the standard of the opposition we played. Was low key and that’s fine.

He mentioned Dow and Keeler 😉

Seriously though he has mentioned players in his pressers. Just don’t think he wants anyone to get ahead of themselves - we all knew the standard of the opposition we played. Was low key and that’s fine.

I'm speaking generally.

He doesn't praise his players for a good game like other coaches do in their press conferences.

He's always been like it... well as long as I can remember, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t see a single mistake from him, got the hard ball, gave off a handball to a teammates advantage, and when he did choose to kick it was always a neat 20m kick forward. Very pleasing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn't make any mistakes, would have liked him to take the first option on a few occasions.

Good game overall.

Had a really good game.
He did. I thought he was done. But when he doesn’t try to bite off more than he can chew, he is very handy.
1 more year? Not like we’re overburdened with guys who can play mid, and he is a point of difference.

Time to forfeit the season

Harley Reid swung his leg unnaturally behind Henry in the tackle which may have been the cause, may not. But it was odd leg positioning not sure if anyone else noticed? Almost Judo-like. My kids do it so I recognised it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1 good game from Jones and Membrey does not another contract make.
I'd probably keep Members over Seb or Jones at this point.
I think if Jones can stay within that wheelhouse that was game on Saturday and stay on the park for the rest of the year he may be worth keeping for another year over what you’d imagine would be pretty much nothing in trade value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Saints v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back