Not open for further replies.

TimmytheTiger

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
1629025949762.png

I went to Jooce once in 1997..

Only once. Ringwood. It’s a great place to live. Terrible place to party. You see I could never play footy. I was kind of the Keyser Soze of the Ashburton - Chadstone footy club. All limp, no run.

I kicked a soccer goal once, beating Rodney to the ball. We were one of those clubs, you know the type that had an epileptic bloke who was nick named “rapper” after he had an unfortunate incident while playing Blackburn one afternoon in the 3rd quarter of a game where we had already lost by 60 points by 3 quarter time, no matter what happened in the last.

I had been chatting up chicks at G spot until 4.45 am the night before, and Rodney (not Dangerfield) was angry because the young mosquito fleet was too hung over to run that day…. I still got him, even with my limp, on the dash for a cheap soccer from the square that day.. Fu** you Rodney, that goal was mine.

1629026027268.png

Back then I was 20.. Now I am a little older... But Jooce was never that good.. Yeah sure you got laid, you picked up some hottie and I am sure that many eastern suburban married couples speak fondly about the time that they escaped the local constabularies meek attempt at a late 90’s DUI, to skive of home for a shag. The only problem is now 25 years later that dirty shag turned into three kids and a mortgage.

I should mention that I am writing this during the Giants game. I’ve turned off the footy at ½ time. The Giants are probably saying to themselves, this is payback…. It isn’t. It’s not even close. Remember that.

We have 3 premiership cups to cry into. That should be enough volume of a vessel to carry those tears to 2022.

Where was I? Yes, that is right back in Jooce as a 20 year old in ’97.

You see it happens to the best of us… Eventually. No matter the outcome, no matter the input, the through-put or the output, you need a rest.

I know that you won’t believe me, but once I DJ’d at a hardware party at Kryle Castle. Never fear I was wearing my Richmond guernsey…. A punter came up on stage and started dancing to the sick acid techno I was releasing to the atmosphere. You see, it was late, I was tired, it had been a big weekend, and no matter the story I told myself I needed a rest. So when I shanked the mix, I blamed the punter for getting in my way. I told everyone a story about circumstance. I am not proud of my actions. It wasn’t his fault, it was mine. Consider this a full confession.

And that is the same here. We need a little kip. A rest, a break. We need a summer of fun, some time in Torquay without the house burning down…

We need a couple of draft picks.

We need to smoke bomb from Jooce.

We need to get in that cab, head back to Swan Street, or the Terminus, or the Corner…

We need to leave that Jooce dance floor action where it is, and head out by ourselves.

We need to just head home and take it easy. Toke if needed, sleep if not.

We need to come together and #eco

But my brethren, it is important to note that this is not the same drought that occurred after ‘81. I believe that this time is different. There is no war with Collingwood. It is simply mathematical. We have been up for a while - remember when Houli’s bounce simply didn’t come back that day at Adelaide oval – If you were watching you know what I mean. That was 2014!

#eco - Come on in, the water is warm.

Clarko’s last game – You know he’s going to win…

There, there – rest now. ’21 is over. It’s time to play all the kids and move to the draft thread.

It’s going to be OK.

#eco..

What a ride it was…

And in the words of Spike Milligan.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and sliiiiide on the ice”.

No matter how dolled up you get for your night at the club, when those lights come on sometimes it’s best to head home, drink some water and get ready for next week.

#eco

I for one hope that Hawforn with some player that you have never heard of get up this weekend, because as much as it hurts to say this, for the first time in a lot of years I hope that we lose this one. A lesson for the apprentice’s from one (slightly) clapped out old groover, sometimes it is best to go home with your dignity.

Hawforn by 27…

Last edited:

I went to Jooce in 1998-99, it truely was a wizardly place. Like something out of Dr Strange. I went one night and within 90 minutes of dancing to Shania Twain to charm some local lasses, i must have inadvertently walked through a time-worm hole as the next minute i found myself in my bed in Rowville, with one leg covered in spew and the other in mud. If you have never experienced time travel, let me tell you - it gives you a horrible headache and vertigo. I was ill for days

View attachment 1207197

I went to Jooce once in 1997..

Only once. Ringwood. It’s a great place to live. Terrible place to party. You see I could never play footy. I was kind of the Keyser Soze of the Ashburton - Chadstone footy club. All limp, no run.

I kicked a soccer goal once, beating Rodney to the ball. We were one of those clubs, you know the type that had an epileptic bloke who was nick named “rapper” after he had an unfortunate incident while playing Blackburn one afternoon in the 3rd quarter of a game where we had already lost by 60 points by 3 quarter time, no matter what happened in the last.

I had been chatting up chicks at G spot until 4.45 am the night before, and Rodney (not Dangerfield) was angry because the young mosquito fleet was too hung over to run that day…. I still got him, even with my limp, on the dash for a cheap soccer from the square that day.. Fu** you Rodney, that goal was mine.

View attachment 1207200

Back then I was 20.. Now I am a little older... But Jooce was never that good.. Yeah sure you got laid, you picked up some hottie and I am sure that many eastern suburban married couples speak fondly about the time that they escaped the local constabularies meek attempt at a late 90’s DUI, to skive of home for a shag. The only problem is now 25 years later that dirty shag turned into three kids and a mortgage.

I should mention that I am writing this during the Giants game. I’ve turned off the footy at ½ time. The Giants are probably saying to themselves, this is payback…. It isn’t. It’s not even close. Remember that.

We have 3 premiership cups to cry into. That should be enough volume of a vessel to carry those tears to 2022.

Where was I? Yes, that is right back in Jooce as a 20 year old in ’97.

You see it happens to the best of us… Eventually. No matter the outcome, no matter the input, the through-put or the output, you need a rest.

I know that you won’t believe me, but once I DJ’d at a hardware party at Kryle Castle. Never fear I was wearing my Richmond guernsey…. A punter came up on stage and started dancing to the sick acid techno I was releasing to the atmosphere. You see, it was late, I was tired, it had been a big weekend, and no matter the story I told myself I needed a rest. So when I shanked the mix, I blamed the punter for getting in my way. I told everyone a story about circumstance. I am not proud of my actions. It wasn’t his fault, it was mine. Consider this a full confession.

And that is the same here. We need a little kip. A rest, a break. We need a summer of fun, some time in Torquay without the house burning down…

We need a couple of draft picks.

We need to smoke bomb from Jooce.

We need to get in that cab, head back to Swan Street, or the Terminus, or the Corner…

We need to leave that Jooce dance floor action where it is, and head out by ourselves.

We need to just head home and take it easy. Toke if needed, sleep if not.

We need to come together and #eco

But my brethren, it is important to note that this is not the same drought that occurred after ‘81. I believe that this time is different. There is no war with Collingwood. It is simply mathematical. We have been up for a while - remember when Houli’s bounce simply didn’t come back that day at Adelaide oval – If you were watching you know what I mean. That was 2014!

#eco - Come on in, the water is warm.

Clarko’s last game – You know he’s going to win…

There, there – rest now. ’21 is over. It’s time to play all the kids and move to the draft thread.

It’s going to be OK.

#eco..

What a ride it was…

And in the words of Spike Milligan.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and sliiiiide on the ice”.

No matter how dolled up you get for your night at the club, when those lights come on sometimes it’s best to head home, drink some water and get ready for next week.

#eco

I for one hope that Hawforn with some player that you have never heard of get up this weekend, because as much as it hurts to say this, for the first time in a lot of years I hope that we lose this one. A lesson for the apprentice’s from one (slightly) clapped out old groover, sometimes it is best to go home with your dignity.

Hawforn by 27…
Cool review man that was out my neck of the woods , was more into the Manhattan myself then once I was 21 I was all over the over28s , Southside six , village green no place was safe ,,,anyways I digress . I don’t expect hawthorn to be as formidable as gws and we ll kick on the line and win this

After what we have served up the last few months it would be galling if we were to suddenly pull our fingers out and put in a quality performance when it doesn't matter..
Actually thinking about it what has made this season harder is not just that we have played poorly but the regression to some of the issues prior to 2017 , choking and giving up good leads, losing most of our close games etc...
Which is why i think we will come out and play well and win...Despite his comments i don't think dimma will rest many if any senior players...

Hope we stack the team with young players and suffer a “so brave” loss

nothing to be gained from going in full strength and winning

will we hear retirement news this week? That’s the big one I’m watching for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gain more from losing than winning in my opinion so I want us to lose this one.

Imagine if there’s a really good kid that slid to pick 9 or 10 (after the two father-son bids) and we don’t get access to them because we won this game and dropped to pick 12. I want us to have a pick in the top 10, something we have not had since Vlastuin in the 2012 draft. We can catch any worthy slider from the top 10 with our second 1st-rounder but the first one needs to be a top 10 pick in my opinion.

So play the kids and bring home the L without getting completely spanked thanks.

I went to Jooce in 1998-99, it truely was a wizardly place. Like something out of Dr Strange. I went one night and within 90 minutes of dancing to Shania Twain to charm some local lasses, i must have inadvertently walked through a time-worm hole as the next minute i found myself in my bed in Rowville, with one leg covered in spew and the other in mud. If you have never experienced time travel, let me tell you - it gives you a horrible headache and vertigo. I was ill for days
Did you root any local passes in this story or unsure?

I'm confident enough in our culture that I don't think we'll be affected by heading into the off/pre-season off a loss. Only gain to be had here is a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back