Preview Round 23 v Hawthorn MCG Sunday 18th August 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't mind it at this stage if it means Blight gets a couple of extra games to finish the season.

Needs to do all of pre season in defence though.
I just think a line needs to be drawn in the sand now with Balta. Everyone can see that he's better down back, so the plan needs to be to build the backline around him. Asbury, Grimes and Rance only became as comfortable and trusting of each other's games because they spent years building that synergy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL
Leigh Fisher and Donlon bring the vass

Umpires
Chris Donlon (1), Leigh Fisher (3), Simon Meredith (21), Nick Jankovskis (44)

LOL
Leigh Fisher and Donlon bring the vass

Umpires
Chris Donlon (1), Leigh Fisher (3), Simon Meredith (21), Nick Jankovskis (44)
Does it really matter who the men in phlegm are?

I just think a line needs to be drawn in the sand now with Balta. Everyone can see that he's better down back, so the plan needs to be to build the backline around him. Asbury, Grimes and Rance only became as comfortable and trusting of each other's games because they spent years building that synergy.

I think we will. Yze said all pre season he’d be a forward only and we wouldn’t switch him around as he didn’t like the idea of it. Unfortunately circumstances forced Yze’s hand, we’ll see a settled Balta in 2025

Absolutely no downside in playing McAuliffe ahead of Dow this week.
The MC have named Jack Ross after only 3/4 of a reserves game. So he will be picked. Toranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dow and Graham will all be picked even though we playing one of the quickest midfields in the competition. I have given up on guessing what the MC are trying to achieve but I would bet money that doing something strategic like playing the kid’s will not happen

I have given up on guessing what the MC are trying to achieve but I would bet money that doing something strategic like playing the kid’s will not happen
Doesn't look too promising does it. And you can bet that next season, with a full list, nothing will change. Senior players will only go out of the team when injured and I seriously think that the MC think that the injuries are the only reason we're sitting last. No trades will be done, no extra draft picks, and no accountability for our senior guys. I'm even half expecting the club to talk Grimes into going round again.

Hope Blight plays, even if it means putting Balta forward ( short term)
Wouldn’t play Ryan, let Kosi ,Balta and Nank ruck.
Ross sub, if he plays at all. He was a standout along with Blight in the 2s.
How about dropping Ryan and playing Balta second ruck?

How about dropping Ryan and playing Balta second ruck?
He’s played that role before and been good, follow up work at ground level is handy too.

Ryan looks miles off AFL pace to me . Having him and Kosi up forward, allows the opposition backline to run the ball out with ease, and Hawks back 6 do that really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back