Preview Round 23 v Hawthorn MCG Sunday 18th August 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And hasn't his form suffered for it.

Would agree.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good player, but not 'great'.
There are some very average parts of his game ... still too many brain fades for one and some questionable decision making.
But it's more likley than not the by-product of being incredibly unsettled.
He has to change up his game every third and sometimes second week.
It would be killing him mentally.
If Balta is to become a genuine star, he'll need consistency in one spot.
And as a general rule, you don't mess with stars and potential stars and move use them to accommodate others.
You put your best players where they are best and fill the gaps with the rest.

i would almost want to give up pick 1 to end these campaigners' final hopes. The media would melt as their narrative falls apart.

The MC have named Jack Ross after only 3/4 of a reserves game. So he will be picked. Toranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dow and Graham will all be picked even though we playing one of the quickest midfields in the competition. I have given up on guessing what the MC are trying to achieve but I would bet money that doing something strategic like playing the kid’s will not happen
[15] Jayden Short,[43] Jacob Bauer, [49] Kaleb Smith,[5] Jack Ross,[51] Jacob Blight

I reckon Ross for Dow. Blight for Ryan. Shuffle Balta fwd.

Didn't he play one game and do nothing? Not that doing nothing in our forward line is necessarily his fault the way we've played this year.

Yeah he played 1 game where he never touched it. 3 lousy touches and only effective one was terrible, Ralphsmith kicked a certain goal that was always going through and selfish Coulthard toe poked it in for a goal unopposed on the line. Seemed a strange selection getting a kid who was playing suburban footy a month before the draft. A part from that last quarter in his debut as the sub last year he's been bloody ordinary.

Would agree.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good player, but not 'great'.
There are some very average parts of his game ... still too many brain fades for one and some questionable decision making.
But it's more likley than not the by-product of being incredibly unsettled.
He has to change up his game every third and sometimes second week.
It would be killing him mentally.
If Balta is to become a genuine star, he'll need consistency in one spot.
And as a general rule, you don't mess with stars and potential stars and move use them to accommodate others.
You put your best players where they are best and fill the gaps with the rest.
Given my daughter in U15s gets moved from on-ball to fullback to forward flank in the one quarter, you're spot on as she is not a genuine star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go again ... rolling out the same campaigners in the same positions expecting a different result... wait a minute ... Ralphsmith to Forward pocket ...masterful coaching ... will make all the difference

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

poor coulthard showed plenty in his afl games last year

this year they havent even played him once

there are some vfl players that go to another level when played in the afl

I know Bauer has been injured through the year, but it still took the gimp until last week to play him.

Smith's first game was 15 mins into the last quarter when the game was already long gone, flew his parents over to watch their son wear a tracksuit.

Played McAuliffe a handful of times as the sub before even played him decently.

Gets a readymade Backman in the midseason draft who has had excellent VFL form yet hasn't used him for a month.

We got the wrong guy.

Last edited:
poor coulthard showed plenty in his afl games last year

this year they havent even played him once

there are some vfl players that go to another level when played in the afl
Was sub at the Gabba ... didn't play until late in the 4th ... was ridiculous ... Coulthard's 1 wood is his tank over 4 quarters ... the number of young players that sat on the bench as sub this year while ex-premiership players keep spudding it up ... when they could have been playing a full game at VFL level ... how the faaark do they get better sitting on the pine

Yze has no idea how to coach ... how did we appoint someone who hadn't been a head coach at any level ffs

Do you realize Yze needs to win the last 2 games just to equal Mark Neeld's record in his debut season

... someone create a meme of Yze doing his best Mark Neeld impersonation please ...

Seriously if we are not going to sack Yze now then we need to bring an experienced coach into the position of Director of Football ... someone that calls a spade a spade ... Sheedy lol

I hate Nathan Buckley but he would be perfect ... he could come in and do a Treloar on Graham and Short to **** off to the West Coast and Gold Coast ... and then fire a rocket up Bolton and Rioli for getting out of their lane and thinking that they could.just decide to leave

If I hear one more player say how much they love playing at Richmond this year I will break something... how can you love losing ... when did getting the wooden spoon become a fun experience

FFS I haven't seen Yze break one frickin phone yet ... Buckley is an expert at that

Nathan Buckley Bucks GIF

Last edited:
Here we go again ... rolling out the same campaigners in the same positions expecting a different result... wait a minute ... Ralphsmith to Forward pocket ...masterful coaching ... will make all the difference

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff
You do realise they don’t always line up as selected yeh.

You do realise they don’t always line up as selected yeh.
Ralphsmith did play forward last week though with Kmac taking his wing.

Was a huge success with them getting 6 and 7 touches each, which is why they're going with it again.

especially when he's been one of only a few shining lights off the wing.
Did the same thing with:

Brown ... took out best interceptor and played him forward

Balta ... took out best backman and ....

Why don't they play Short forward and give Banks a run at his natural position across half back and keep Ralphsmith on the wing

Why am I even bothering to ask lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back