Autopsy Round 23 vs Carlton Blues @ The Bank - 19/08/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to see Lloyd debut for us this weekend. He's an exciting young talent who is still surprisingly new to the game after first picking up a football in 2019. Just wait till you see this kid's speed and vertical leap!

Any word on whether Ben King is actually going to be named tonight?

Does anyone else find it surprising and strange that Chol hasn’t returned to the seniors? The bloke kicked 6 goals a couple of weeks back and has been kicking multiple bags each week yet can’t find his way back into the side? Something seems off about it.
Does seem a little strange, the only thing you could make a good argument with is that casboult has been playing very well and is set to sign on for another season so no real reason to drop him.

Does seem a little strange, the only thing you could make a good argument with is that casboult has been playing very well and is set to sign on for another season so no real reason to drop him.
Yeah that all makes sense and I agree but when King went down injured last week I found it very weird that Day got the call up instead of Chol - obviously the club wanted Day to get his 150 games and life membership because he was an inaugural sun etc. But back to Chol, the only thing I can think is that there are character issues or training standards not being met behind closed doors?

Yeah that all makes sense and I agree but when King went down injured last week I found it very weird that Day got the call up instead of Chol - obviously the club wanted Day to get his 150 games and life membership because he was an inaugural sun etc. But back to Chol, the only thing I can think is that there are character issues or training standards not being met behind closed doors?
Yeah the 150 is the only reason I could see.

Does anyone else find it surprising and strange that Chol hasn’t returned to the seniors? The bloke kicked 6 goals a couple of weeks back and has been kicking multiple bags each week yet can’t find his way back into the side? Something seems off about it.
I’ve found his treatment this season very strange.

From what I remember, he got dropped off one bad game and hasn’t seen the light of day since (he still kicked goals in that game too). Other players get a million chances. This for a bloke that came in and exceeded all expectations last year.

Levi has been solid, I agree. And Luko plays as a permanent forward to good success plus King’s return could be all there is to it. But to get essentially no games after a great 1st season with us is odd.

But then it happened to Will Brodie at Freo too ;)

From what I remember, he got dropped off one bad game and hasn’t seen the light of day since (he still kicked goals in that game too). Other players get a million chances. This for a bloke that came in and exceeded all expectations last year.

Levi has been solid, I agree. And Luko plays as a permanent forward to good success plus King’s return could be all there is to it. But to get essentially no games after a great 1st season with us is odd.

Whwoulo

Who would you drop (and I am not talking about Day ;)). King - the future? Casboult - the only physical KPF we have and playing well or Luko who is starting to fulfil his potential?

I am actually wondering if 3 talls are working for us? Or should we go with only 2 talls next year (probably not).

Whwoulo

Who would you drop (and I am not talking about Day ;)). King - the future? Casboult - the only physical KPF we have and playing well or Luko who is starting to fulfil his potential?

I am actually wondering if 3 talls are working for us? Or should we go with only 2 talls next year (probably not).
Yeah, that’s a good point. I can see why he isn’t in the team. But to never, once, get called up for basically a whole season was very unexpected I feel.

Casboult is a warrior, especially recently. He is just very one dimensional. He is very good at what he does: lead up and mark. His set shots have improved at GC too. But is he a threat to other teams? Do coaches care about his impact? I dunno. I also feel he makes our attack a little more linear and predictable by almost forcing us to bomb to him just purely due to his presence. And he does crowd the forward line a lot as he always compete. Always.

Conversely, Chol is more agile and a point of difference to Witts in the ruck. So yeah, I kind of wish we saw Chol and King at the same time for longer this season. It could work (Chol the left footer, King the right). But then, maybe not.

It’s definitely a selection problem for next year at least.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I can see why he isn’t in the team. But to never, once, get called up for basically a whole season was very unexpected I feel.

Casboult is a warrior, especially recently. He is just very one dimensional. He is very good at what he does: lead up and mark. His set shots have improved at GC too. But is he a threat to other teams? Do coaches care about his impact? I dunno. I also feel he makes our attack a little more linear and predictable by almost forcing us to bomb to him just purely due to his presence. And he does crowd the forward line a lot as he always compete. Always.

Conversely, Chol is more agile and a point of difference to Witts in the ruck. So yeah, I kind of wish we saw Chol and King at the same time for longer this season. It could work (Chol the left footer, King the right). But then, maybe not.

It’s definitely a selection problem for next year at least.
Agree with Casboult assessment.

Yeah, it doesn't reflect well on Chol when selection committee still select Casboult ahead of him. He probably doesn't do what he is asked to do. Just guessing but probably related to inconsistency, laziness.

Casboult has come in and performed his role very well, which under Dew was critical because that was our entire gameplan.

But Chols absence when Levi or King are out does reek a bit of Dew/King focusing on his lack of defensive accountability over his ability to tear a game open. It is fair enough, Chol doesn’t put in the required effort at all time, but I would’ve hoped he was told that’s what he needed to do to work on that in training in the hopes of getting back in the team.

Next year, hopefully under a more modern gameplan, surely Chol, King, Luko rotating through there is our most potent forward line if we want to put points on the board. There’s no way you can stop all 3 at a time.

King, Budarick, Johnston, Fiorini, Sexton in?

367003188_10231847199148746_9194515145472024044_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So King got rested last week for a must win game, but is back now our season is cooked. Wowee..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So King got rested last week for a must win game, but is back now our season is cooked. Wowee..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was not rested, he was too sore, could not train :p I would say, Adelaide was the must win, unless you belong to 0.0001% (that was probably our chance against Swans) of people together with GC2015.

I thought King was “resting” his knee down in Melbourne for the rest of the year while meeting with the Hawks to tell them how keen he was to move out of his multi-million dollar Burleigh beach house and back down there? :p

He was not rested, he was too sore, could not train :p I would say, Adelaide was the must win, unless you belong to 0.0001% (that was probably our chance against Swans) of people together with GC2015.

My point is, what is there to gain by playing him for the next 2 games if he couldn’t get up last week due to knee soreness?

We know what Weller’s knee soreness turned into…

I thought King was “resting” his knee down in Melbourne for the rest of the year while meeting with the Hawks to tell them how keen he was to move out of his multi-million dollar Burleigh beach house and back down there? :p
He has apparently very keen on the Hawks!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23 vs Carlton Blues @ The Bank - 19/08/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back