Preview Round 24 2024 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 25, 12.30pm AEST, MARS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an option. As I said previously, he's probably the more like-for-like replacement. Stone has been sub due to greater versatility - but he's also been playing well in VFL.

I guess we'll see on Thursday.
When I spoke with Kingsley a month ago he was very positive about stone and where he stood in the pecking order as a running defender.
That should be very good for us. English out and Lobb sore with a light training load.

Let's get Briggs and Keeffe in there to double-team him in the ruck. Also means they won't have, what has becomes their best key defender, able to get back and stop Hogan from scoring.
Yes and no. He won’t be playing as a defender but they will position him behind the ball like Gawn does to get in Hogans way.

Just need brigs and Keeffe to be super physical with him cause his ruck work is very poor but is okay around the ground.

We need to out pressure them around the contest to prevent getting smashed at stoppage clearances. Their strength is to out strip (or cause turnover) on opponents when they aren't getting g first touch on the ball and then win clearance.
We got taught a serious lesson last time we met. But we are a different team now, with pressure getting more consistent.
With English out, expect decent ruck time for Lobb who has reignited his career since moving down back. That's a good thing for our forwards to take advantage.
Umps hopefully don't cost us, but we k ow they'll try to.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We got taught a serious lesson last time we met. But we are a different team now, with pressure getting more consistent.
We were certainly in the middle of a nasty form slump when we last met in round 10, coming off losses to Sydney and Essendon in the weeks prior. The highlight of that match was Cal Ward kicking the ball the wrong way into the Dogs' forward 50, providing some amusement if nothing else on a bleak night.

We were certainly in the middle of a nasty form slump when we last met in round 10, coming off losses to Sydney and Essendon in the weeks prior. The highlight of that match was Cal Ward kicking the ball the wrong way into the Dogs' forward 50, providing some amusement if nothing else on a bleak night.
I think Haynes kicking was quite poor in that game as well.

Brown has been named an in!!! :D :D

In - Callum M. Brown, Xavier O'Halloran, Harvey Thomas, Nick Haynes

Out - Lachie Ash (Suspension)

Backs - 27 Harry Himmelberg, 15 Sam Taylor, 39 Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6 Lachie Whitfield, 44 Jack Buckley, 36 Harry Perryman
Centre - 8 Callan Ward, 12 Tom Green, 3 Stephen Coniglio
Half Forwards - 16 Brent Daniels, 5 Aaron Cadman, 20 James Peatling
Forwards - 2 Darcy Jones, 23 Jesse Hogan, 4 Toby Greene
Followers - 32 Kieren Briggs, 22 Josh Kelly, 14 Toby Bedford

Interchange - 17 Finn Callaghan, 25 Lachlan Keeffe, 31 Toby McMullin, 46 Callum M. Brown, 18 Conor Stone, 33 Xavier O'Halloran, 28 Harvey Thomas, 19 Nick Haynes

Last edited:
Brown is in!!! :D :D

Backs - 27Harry Himmelberg, 15Sam Taylor, 39Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6Lachie Whitfield, 44Jack Buckley, 36Harry Perryman
Centre - 8Callan Ward, 12Tom Green, 3Stephen Coniglio
Half Forwards - 16Brent Daniels, 5Aaron Cadman, 20James Peatling
Forwards - 2Darcy Jones, 23Jesse Hogan, 4Toby Greene
Followers - 32Kieren Briggs, 22Josh Kelly, 14Toby Bedford

Interchange - 17Finn Callaghan, 25Lachlan Keeffe, 31Toby McMullin, 46Callum M. Brown, 18Conor Stone, 33Xavier O'Halloran, 28Harvey Thomas, 19Nick Haynes
Brown is on the extended bench, anyway.
English has been named despite being ruled out Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown is in!!! :D :D

Backs - 27 Harry Himmelberg, 15 Sam Taylor, 39 Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6 Lachie Whitfield, 44 Jack Buckley, 36 Harry Perryman
Centre - 8 Callan Ward, 12 Tom Green, 3 Stephen Coniglio
Half Forwards - 16 Brent Daniels, 5 Aaron Cadman, 20 James Peatling
Forwards - 2 Darcy Jones, 23 Jesse Hogan, 4 Toby Greene
Followers - 32 Kieren Briggs, 22 Josh Kelly, 14 Toby Bedford

Interchange - 17 Finn Callaghan, 25 Lachlan Keeffe, 31 Toby McMullin, 46 Callum M. Brown, 18 Conor Stone, 33 Xavier O'Halloran, 28 Harvey Thomas, 19 Nick Haynes
Fonti not named so the interchange should be Callaghan, Keeffe, Stone and one of McMullin or Thomas with the other being the sub.

Bulldogs being kept out of finals is great for football. ❤️
I saw the AFL show "Access all Areas" with Damien Barrett, Matthew Lloyd, Nat Edwards on Monday.
They all agreed how exciting it will be to see Sam Darcy in the finals this year.
I suspect the fix is in this week.
If we hopefully beat bulldogs, expect freo to get smashed by the umpires.

Last edited:
I think Haynes kicking was quite poor in that game as well.
Partly to blame for their high inside 50 count.

We weren’t playing well at that point and were poor on the night. Just couldn’t move the ball which we have corrected now.

It’s quite bizarre the love for the dogs at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back