Autopsy Round 24 2024 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 25, 12.30pm AEST, MARS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

The ease that they moved it through the midfield was really concerning.
We were missing some important parts in there with Bedford and Daniel’s out.
We couldn’t get it out of our defence with Whitfield being the only one since we were missing Ash.
Not a big fan of losing especially against the plastic puppy’s but it ain’t the end of the world.

Last edited:
This is a pretty crappy stadium … not sure how Mars Stadium is AFL standard when winds and rain make it a bit of a lottery
Ballarat is the armpit of Australia.
That aside you don’t win footy games when outworked like we were today. Bulldogs kept getting more players to the contest and the Giants were risk averse.

We were missing some important parts in there with Bedford and Daniel’s out.

The week off for the finals bye will do Briggs and Coniglio a world of good too with their lingering issues

The week off for the finals bye will do Briggs and Coniglio a world of good too with their lingering issues
Don’t believe I’m being polite here 😉but seriously, who would replace Jones for you guys he was immense at the back against Hogan, who would have had a field day with the ball coming in otherwise.

Not unhappy with that result away result against tough opposition.

We played OK, but not great, and were reasonably competitive with multiple players set to return.

We’re only a Week 1 win away - in Sydney versus a misfiring opposition - from hosting a home prelim.

If you’d offered me that opportunity pre-season I’d have been wrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t believe I’m being polite here 😉but seriously, who would replace Jones for you guys he was immense at the back against Hogan, who would have had a field day with the ball coming in otherwise.

Buku Khamis has been playing with Jones missing some games later in the season and Lobb having to fill in for English as ruck. Looked decent in some games (vs Geelong in particular) and pretty poor in others (vs Adelaide in particular). Would be a pretty big loss but our games are generally won and lost in the midfield.

Anyway, I don't want to fill this chat with too much Bulldogs talk. Good luck for the finals, any side in the finals could win it if they can muster up their best form when it matters

Take a deep breath everyone. We are going to be just fine in 2 weeks. If that’s the best we have to beat have nothing to fear.

As soon as Haynes came in it was just about game over. Dump kicks, fumbled marks and the amount of run we lose in the back half.

Chalk it up to the equivalent of the port game last season. Daniels and Bedford both missed that game and we lost some of our spark through the contest and same happened in this game.

We will slot: cumming, Riccardi, Bedford, Daniels, ash all into that side

Out of todays side will be something like Keefe, Haynes, Thomas, XO, brown with muff moving to sub

We are going alright and going to be fine. 👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24 2024 – Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants, Sunday August 25, 12.30pm AEST, MARS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back