Preview Round 24 - Essendon Bombers vs Collingwood Magpies - Friday, August 25th - 7:50 pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we are thinking of delisting voss, he should play Friday night. See if he shows anything at the level.
Could argue the same of Montgomerie.

Why would we consider playing a player we are going to delist?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Need to start looking forward as a club. No more gifting games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss looks like tarzan. People assume he plays like it and want to see him come in and smash. Also had a nice couple of early weeks in the VFL and they've ignored anything since that.

The Voss stuff has gone too far the other way now. I didn’t/don’t think he’ll make it, but he’s in pretty good form the past month after a mid-season lull. We would be absolutely no worse with him replacing Guelfi in the side, as an example.

Seems like a reason not to keep him.

Over the list there is 44 spots.

Not everyone will be AFL grade either because they are young/rookie projects or because if they were AFL quality and not getting a game they’d ask to be traded for more opportunities.

Without having a close look I’d suspect suspect most good lists will have 5 fringe AFL/VFL grade mature players and there’s nothing wrong with that if they are doing useful things that make life easier for the younger players as they develop.

To me it’s neither here nor there. If an upgrade is available then you upgrade that spot, if it’s not then he’s perfectly serviceable until you can find that upgrade.

I swear sometimes it feels like fans want a team with 18 All Australian players and 40 starting level players. No team has that. The salary cap stops that.

if kelly plays this week, if phillips plays this week - if baldwin and bryan dont play, i will personally lay a turd in the centre of each training over at tulla
Make sure you eat a rare steak beforehand. That way you'll have to make an effort and give a shit like no other at the hanger.

Why would we consider playing a player we are going to delist?

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Need to start looking forward as a club. No more gifting games
Because sometimes a player can surprise you with an opportunity, I hate delisting someone who has never had a chance at afl level (providing they’ve played well at vfl level). Say voss comes out and kicks 4, he’s getting another year.

Hawthorn were about to delist Dylan moore in 2020, gave him a shot in the last game of the season and he absolutely dominated. The rest is history, has turned into a gun.

Watch for large empty blocks in Essendon members seating area. Already had three mates message to say” * them, not going” I’ll go, can’t turn my back on them but can’t begrudge any supporter for not showing up. Not just yesterday, last two decades. s**t show doesn’t cover it.
Fire place, wine and bowl of pasta
vs rainy G with pies supporters taking home a minor premiership

So hard to choose

Not against bringing in some kids for a go but against the Pies it would be a miracle for a breakout game esp with the horrible form coming from our more senior players.

It would be lambs to the slaughter.

Those who think Voss is a tough /hard footballer, ok, bring him in against Maynard, would be a good litmus test.

Anyway, I suppose there is not much chance Heppell l gets dropped now.

Please let there be a Heppell announcement early in the week. And Stewart.
Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back