Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Jy Simpkin 1 vote in the Herald Sun. WTF? No Newk in the 3-2-1. Need to check the final scores again!

Jy Simpkin 1 vote in the Herald Sun. WTF? No Newk in the 3-2-1. Need to check the final scores again!
Gold Coast Ablett was the dawn of the player getting award votes in 10+ goal losses. Can't put that genie back in the bottle unfortunately.

Gold Coast Ablett was the dawn of the player getting award votes in 10+ goal losses. Can't put that genie back in the bottle unfortunately.
I just don't understand why you'd give votes to someone who didn't influence the result.

If we wanted to, Simpkin could have had 5 touches. We simply didn't care about him as we were still winning every area of the ground. So had we stopped him we would be a man down and our midfield doesn't dominate.

Ridiculous. Newcombe was surely BOG and will be at the top of the coaches votes.

Simpkin was good and was the only North player who didn't lower his colours, but when you lose by 20 goals then no one on that team deserves votes. Especially when we had so many good performers.

the kayo coverage cut to the tigers game but does anyone know if clarkson participated all in the joint acknowledgment of the shiels retirement and at least mixed with bruest, gunston, etc, if not Sam.

In games to date he has headed to the rooms i think. Has said a bit about the animosity that even post game there are no smiles and handshakes.

i donā€™t really care but curious if there has been any thawing.

I thought North competed well for most of the day, they were simply outclassed by a better team who are absolutely humming along. North also recorded above average numbers for contested ball and tackles this round. So I won't be hearing any talk of how we had a bruise free end to the H&A season.

We were again unnaturally clean playing dry weather footy in torrential conditions. +33 points on expected score too. This team is just built different. Simply incredible.

Can I tell you how much I hate ratings points? We beat North Melbourne by 124 points and the official AFL ratings show two of the top three players on the field are North Melbourne players! How does that make any sense? Embarrassing.
2 vs 25 sounds about right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I tell you how much I hate ratings points? We beat North Melbourne by 124 points and the official AFL ratings show two of the top three players on the field are North Melbourne players! How does that make any sense? Embarrassing.
That's not true. AFL fantasy isn't their ratings, it's their points system for their supercoach competitor. We had the top 7 and 12 of the top 15 players on the field in terms of player rating.

the kayo coverage cut to the tigers game but does anyone know if clarkson participated all in the joint acknowledgment of the shiels retirement and at least mixed with bruest, gunston, etc, if not Sam.

In games to date he has headed to the rooms i think. Has said a bit about the animosity that even post game there are no smiles and handshakes.

i donā€™t really care but curious if there has been any thawing.

Yes he did participate but it look me awhile to find him right at the front of the North Melbourne contingent and a quick exit into the change rooms.
I did not see Clarko mix or talk with anyone from The Hawks but I may of missed it as-well?
Bruest and Gunners were not far away from him and I did not notice any communication between either parties which I find a little sad!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's not true. AFL fantasy isn't their ratings, it's their points system for their supercoach competitor. We had the top 7 and 12 of the top 15 players on the field in terms of player rating.
Youā€™d perhaps be surprised how many people give their votes based on fantasy rankings in any game.

Seeing Simpkin get votes just made me sad that these people get paid to write and commentate about our great game.

Watching it at the time, I thought we lacked direction early without Day, were fumbly all day, and our captain was taking the piss half the time.

But since we managed to find a way to win by 20 goals I think I should probably cut them some more slack.

Fantastic H&A season from the boys, and looking forward to finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back