Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

long can play altho cripps showed him up badly a few weeks back in the last quarter ....he can play tho

bytel on the other hand is just not up to it .... beggars belief hes getting the nod over others who have shown improved form in the vfl in recent weeks
I suspect Bytel is better able to hold his own in a contest and cover ground better than the alternatives being young Fin, Allan and Reef.

It’s pretty sad that we aren’t blooding youth, instead playing list cloggers who are unlikely to make a premiership 23 man team.

Out: Bytel…. Kid is not pro-active. Very re-active. Not looking great for a long-term AFL career.
Out: Parker…. Has a crack. Doesn’t panic. Needs to use the ball better.

In: McCrae… had a tonne of the ball. One last crack for the year.
In: Allen… had a big month.

I feel like this thread should be more about the other games we need to go our way.

I’m confident that if we have a fighting chance following this round, that we beat Melbourne on Friday.

It's good we play Friday. We can go out there and give it our all to win, without knowing results of other games that we need to go our way...

Coaches will likely be conservative and just make the one change after a win, though if I were in charge:

OUT: Parker, Bytel, Lipinski

iN: McInnes, Allen, Richards
I think Lipp will stay - the others not up to AFL - Parker I have beleif in but i a bit slow - apre season may help, delist Bytel, as for ins it looks like Allan at least needs ago ...

This will depend if finals are a chance.

Is Cox in trouble for a sling tackle?

If Finals are a possibility then maybe one change - Allan for Bytel.

If we can't make finals then maybe give a few more youngsters and opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Bytel & Parker
IN: Allan & Richards
SUB: Lipinski

(I’d prefer Lipinski dropped altogether but doubt we’ll make more than the two changes above. Hoping that starting as sub gives him a much needed wake-up call.)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Bytel is a complete spud, can't tackle, can't kick, sh!ts the bed with ball in hand, slow, poor positioning and no skills . apart from that he looks good in Pies guernsey..
People are finally catching on.
Been calling it for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back