Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically we should be resting anyone who is carrying anything and our older guys.

We should be picking all of Allan, Reef, Macrae, Richards, Dean and maybe even a few more.
Don't you want to win the last game of the year?

If I wanted to go watch a VFL match I'd go to VFL matches.

Those guys can earn their spot next year. We'll get slaughtered if we put that many young kids in all at once for this match.

Don't you want to win the last game of the year?

If I wanted to go watch a VFL match I'd go to VFL matches.

Those guys can earn their spot next year. We'll get slaughtered if we put that many young kids in all at once for this match.
of course you would like to win.
This isn’t a decision to tank…as our ladder position is irrelevant to our draft hand anyway

This is about finding out more about these guys.

Making them earn is what we have been doing since Fly got here.
We haven’t trusted them enough in games that matter, so why not trust them now in a game that holds no consequence and find out how they go at the level ?

The other problem we have is if we make next to no changes, just how hungry do you think some of these senior guys will be and how hard will they go knowing there’s nothing to play for essentially?
It’s not like the Lions game where it was a “live game” still per se.

of course you would like to win.
This isn’t a decision to tank…as our ladder position is irrelevant to our draft hand anyway

This is about finding out more about these guys.

Making them earn is what we have been doing since Fly got here.
We haven’t trusted them enough in games that matter, so why not trust them now in a game that holds no consequence and find out how they go at the level ?

The other problem we have is if we make next to no changes, just how hungry do you think some of these senior guys will be and how hard will they go knowing there’s nothing to play for essentially?
It’s not like the Lions game where it was a “live game” still per se.
They can find out all about them during the pre-season..not our last AFL match of the year.

These guys carried us through a really tough year with injuries and deserve to be the ones to beat Dees on Friday night.

Personally I want to see our seniors play on the weekend, not a bunch of kids. That's what I paid for when I bought my ticket. Otherwise I would have just gone to the VFL match for free last week.

They can find out all about them during the pre-season..not our last AFL match of the year.

These guys carried us through a really tough year with injuries and deserve to be the ones to beat Dees on Friday night.

Personally I want to see our seniors play on the weekend, not a bunch of kids. That's what I paid for when I bought my ticket. Otherwise I would have just gone to the VFL match for free last week.
Personally I’d like to be playing finals too but you get what you deserve in this game.

You’re not gonna find out about any of them next year because if you didn’t find out about them in a season where we had so many injuries etc…there’s next to no chance next season if we are healthy.

It would be a truly wasted season if we don’t get a good look at some of these guys at the top level for a whole game.

And anyone who needs surgery should be going in now …there’s no point playing the extra game just for a match day payment.

Jay Clark reporting Pendlebury will miss.

If this were in finals series I’d say ok I get it. He plays even if not fully fit.
It’s brave and all that …but when you look at the two games since the Carlton one…imagine what we could have done with another runner in the side fresh…especially the Sydney game.

Personally I’d like to be playing finals too but you get what you deserve in this game.

You’re not gonna find out about any of them next year because if you didn’t find out about them in a season where we had so many injuries etc…there’s next to no chance next season if we are healthy.

It would be a truly wasted season if we don’t get a good look at some of these guys at the top level for a whole game.

And anyone who needs surgery should be going in now …there’s no point playing the extra game just for a match day payment.
I'm not sure how much we're going to find out about these kids in one game if they get smashed by the Dees either.

And definitely not an enjoyable way to watch as a supporter or finish off the year.

We already know Dan & Pendles will be missing. And those 2 are more than fair to miss in a game which doesn't hinge on making finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this were in finals series I’d say ok I get it. He plays even if not fully fit.
It’s brave and all that …but when you look at the two games since the Carlton one…imagine what we could have done with another runner in the side fresh…especially the Sydney game.
We won one of those two games. And in the game we lost, he still ended up with 18 disposals and led the match (out of both teams) for tackles.

I'm not sure how much we're going to find out about these kids in one game if they get smashed by the Dees either.

We already know Dan & Pendles will be missing. And those 2 are more than fair to miss in a game which doesn't hinge on making finals.

And definitely not an enjoyable way to watch as a supporter or finish off the year.
We will never know if we don’t have a go.
Imagine Reef bursting out of centre square or stoppage clearances —-even if it’s a handful of times…it all of a sudden changes the dynamic and thought process for what could be next season

I’m just using that as one example …

There’s no guarantees but we rob ourselves the chance of what could be

We already know what the bulk of the senior boys will bring to the table.

We still want to win the game, but we'll have to bring a couple of players in anyway, not half a dozen.

We still want to win the game, but we'll have to bring a couple of players in anyway, not half a dozen.
Agree. We know a couple of kids will have to play with at least Dan & Pendles not playing.

Just not keen on bringing in 6-8 .. I want us to beat Dees comfortably and end the year on a high.

Edit : Pendles may still play.

Last edited:
We won one of those two games. And in the game we lost, he still ended up with 18 disposals and led the match (out of both teams) for tackles.
I understand that but he’s not a guy we rate his game upon for tackles though is he?
He’s a rolls Royce and has been his entire career even if he’s at the tail end.
We want him to be first to the ball and being his creative genius self.

Realistically we should be resting anyone who is carrying anything and our older guys.

We should be picking all of Allan, Reef, Macrae, Richards, Dean and maybe even a few more.
well def pendles and mcStay out, Bytel and Parker should be so room for 4 .. Kreuger or Reef for Mcstay I guess , Alln for #10, and the rest well who knows.. as long as Bytel is delisted .. I mean dropped :p

Parker was in black this morning, so he could keep his spot, possibly. I've been wrong the last time I said he would keep his spot but didn't, so we'll see.
Hopefully he does.
His inclusion has somewhat allowed IQ to play more freely and higher too
Ditto Noble to a degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back