Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooooo Goody, should have rested Gawn, Viney and co ☻️

Happy with our ins looking forward to seeing Ed. Have no height in the forward line though, no Reef, probably means his gone? Maybe Howe goes forward abit.

To anyone complaining that Reef wasn’t picked and is not an emergency the writing has been on wall the whole season and you’ve ignored it. He’s gone either by his own hand or the clubs.
The ins for this game say a lot. Allan no surprise, he’s hit great form, Dean and Finn also great form. I’m wondering with the Richards pick is this the club saying that we want him to stay.
Interesting with Dan out that no tall forward was picked. Says plenty about what we need to pick up in the off season. Probably Howe to play a little forward.
Let’s hope the youngsters get a full game and not as sub. Not sure who will be sub.

Like the changes, but surprised that we didn't select a tall (ie Kreuger) to replace Dan in the forward line. We are obviously going in with an ultra small forward line, and possibly rotating Howe through there.
For me, Parker is the sub.
I like the fact that we have included two mids, Fin and Ed, to buttress the midfield (thought that we should have been doing this earlier).
Looking forward to see how Ed goes in his first game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To anyone complaining that Reef wasn’t picked and is not an emergency the writing has been on wall the whole season and you’ve ignored it. He’s gone either by his own hand or the clubs.
The ins for this game say a lot. Allan no surprise, he’s hit great form, Dean and Finn also great form. I’m wondering with the Richards pick is this the club saying that we want him to stay.
Interesting with Dan out that no tall forward was picked. Says plenty about what we need to pick up in the off season. Probably Howe to play a little forward.
Let’s hope the youngsters get a full game and not as sub. Not sure who will be sub.
Unless Noble is the sub (unlikely) it will be a kid because they're all named on the interchange bench.

Like the changes, but surprised that we didn't select a tall (ie Kreuger) to replace Dan in the forward line. We are obviously going in with an ultra small forward line, and possibly rotating Howe through there.
I like the fact that we have included two mids, Fin and Ed, to buttress the midfield (thought that we should have been doing this earlier).

Unless Noble is the sub (unlikely) it will be a kid because they're all named on the interchange bench.
We go about the sub totally wrong. It never should be a kid, giving them lack of game time isn't helping their development.
Hawks generally have Bruest as their sub.

On the bench
2 defenders
1 forward
2 mids
So its either Parker or Fin

Hope you pump the campaigners by 200 after seeing they didn’t select Ben Brown

Example of a club with horrid culture versus a club who is stereotyped as having a bad culture when all they do is smile and play good football

Even if it means us missing the 8 lol

Pies by 200

We go about the sub totally wrong. It never should be a kid, giving them lack of game time isn't helping their development.

On the bench
2 defenders
1 forward
2 mids
I always preferred an experienced player as sub because I think they get more out of watching the game unfold & can see what needs to happen when they finally take to the field..whereas a young kid would likely just be getting more & more nervous whilst they're sitting on the bench & take longer to get into the game.

On the bench
2 defenders
1 forward
2 mids
Totally agree. Next year perhaps Sidey could be our professional sub

Totally agree. Next year perhaps Sidey could be our professional sub
thats if the sub hasn't disappeared then. Clubs dont like it, and there was big noise around it they want it removed. Guess we'll see early next year.

It will be his second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back