Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's hope it's not a frustrating night with no tall target other than the occasional time spent forward by Cox. I don't understand their reasoning for not bringing in someone who can compete in the air.

I'm tired of seeing the smallest forward line in the comp wearing our colours on too regular a basis. Please nab someone over 194cm who can take a grab and kick a snag during the off season.

Let's hope it's not a frustrating night with no tall target other than the occasional time spent forward by Cox. I don't understand their reasoning for not bringing in someone who can compete in the air.

I'm tired of seeing the smallest forward line in the comp wearing our colours on too regular a basis. Please nab someone over 194cm who can take a grab and kick a snag during the off season.
No, according to posters on here talls are overrated especially tall key forwards. I cop criticism every time I mention our need for a key forward that’s not a ruckman or a mid sized tall.

But yes I agree with your point.

Not particularly, you have implied McStay did his knee the other day.

Hope you pump the campaigners by 200 after seeing they didn’t select Ben Brown

Example of a club with horrid culture versus a club who is stereotyped as having a bad culture when all they do is smile and play good football

Even if it means us missing the 8 lol

Pies by 200
Thanks ! Amazing from a Carlton supporter. Clearly shows that supporter profiling is totally invalid.

We go about the sub totally wrong. It never should be a kid, giving them lack of game time isn't helping their development.
Hawks generally have Bruest as their sub.

On the bench
2 defenders
1 forward
2 mids
So its either Parker or Fin
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think one can be as "black and white" re sub usage as you suggest.
I think that yes, there will be occasions when the young player should not be the sub and plays the entire games.
There will also be times, in terms of both the young player's development, and the team's interests, that the young player should be the sub.

It would be wrong to impose an inflexiblity on this, in my view. A correct balance between the two is the essence.

As an example of where the balance was totally thrown out the window: subbing Joe Richards with 47 seconds to go was both absurd and humiliating, and should never have taken place.

This was not an example of balancing the inexperienced player's interests with those of the team. I even suspected that the coaches forgot Joe was the sub, and suddenly remembered with 47 seconds to go. :huh:

We have for our last game the Quadrella! Ladies and Gentlemen Razor Ray, Leigh Fisher, Simon Meredith and Brett Rosebury.
I may as well get a new tv now and have it delivered Saturday morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't mind Razor.
Fisher on the other hand can F... right off
That's the best team of umpires we've had for a long time. Against Sydney we had 4 no-names and it showed. At least with the A-Grade umps you don't get too many shockers. We should also remember that the last time we had Fisher was against St.Kilda, where he umpired his old team and his old coach. I felt a bit sorry for him to be honest. The AFL threw him to the wolves. Fisher should never umpire St.Kilda games, just to protect him from perceptions of bias.

We have for our last game the Quadrella! Ladies and Gentlemen Razor Ray, Leigh Fisher, Simon Meredith and Brett Rosebury.

Razors final ever AFL game as well, a fitting farewell!

With such an experienced group I wonder if the AFL allowed razor to pick the other umps for his final game?

Fisher say no more .. we’ve seen that in round 2
Roseburry .. has never paid a holding the ball to us since he started

Razor and Meredith are bearable

Last edited:
I'm not sure why posters are carrying on about key forwards when we have two of them that are good, but one is injured and the other is being rested because this is a meaningless game?

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a bit of a mental let down tonight (being our only meaningless game of the season) and we get easily beaten. It won't stop the whingers and moaners from posting crap after the game though I'm sure.

I'm satisfied that we'll be right back up there next year from our performances in the last few games, particularly noting that our older stars look like they have another year in them. We just need a bit more luck with injury.

I'm hoping for good games from the kids. Really looking forward to seeing Allan particularly.

We go about the sub totally wrong. It never should be a kid, giving them lack of game time isn't helping their development.
Hawks generally have Bruest as their sub.

Most sports do it like us. The developing basketballer who hasn't shown they're upto it yet doesn't get into the starting 5 and big minutes. They get subbed in for a few minutes here and there and have to perform to show they belong. And if they do move up in the roster and get given a starting guernsey and don't perform, they get benched and moved back down in the roster. Same with soccer.

Leigh Fisher (3), Brett Rosebury (8), Ray Chamberlain (18), Simon Meredith (21)

Bloody hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back