Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Win a finals game and you might earn some respect, till then youve won a round 3 game. Last I checked that isnt a flag, then again its been a while for you guys so youve probably forgotten what they are like.

Win a finals game and you might earn some respect, till then youve won a round 3 game. Last I checked that isnt a flag, then again its been a while for you guys so youve probably forgotten what they are like.
In the past mate. Stop living off it.

Hawthorn > North Melbourne

I just want to know why every time we get ourselves in a winning position (in the last term) we start to get all negative and "ice" the clock when there is still half a quarter to play. We did it last week against richmond (and let them back in) and we did it again today. It just takes away any sort of momentum which we may have built up and puts pressure on us (because our foot skills are terrible). Would just love to see us run a game out till the VERY END. Keep attacking and keep creating scoring shots - thats when we play our best and that is how we are going to win games of footy.

PS. We just can't afford to keep kicking ourselves out of matches. we did it against Essendon and we did it again today in the first quarter. We did the same last season - obviously not enough work done over the summer on our goal kicking - plus, as much as I love him, Spitzin has to learn how to kick - 4 times today he kicked balls which were smothered and then turned over.

Just lacked skills and confidence today - its so deflating to watch.

I just want to know why every time we get ourselves in a winning position (in the last term) we start to get all negative and "ice" the clock when there is still half a quarter to play.

That's a burning question too hot to find an answer for. I agree.. grand concern but on the flipside, at least we know our team can match it when they put their minds & bodies 100% to the task.

I just call it complacency for now. We're 1 game better than last season at the same stage and now have 19 weeks to find another 13-14 wins.

Still think we'll be good enough to bounce a win vs our nemesis teams but that's if the team cares to play sensible instead of leaving it late. :rolleyes:

North & Villa fan #2. :thumbsu:

the more burning question for us (for tonight anyway) woodson is whether or not we can hit our straps and have a win for the home fans v. bolton. agbonglahor and carew need to lift, as does reo-coker, just need a bit more from all our players on the park actually. MUST get 3 points :)

the more burning question for us (for tonight anyway) woodson is whether or not we can hit our straps and have a win for the home fans v. bolton. agbonglahor and carew need to lift, as does reo-coker, just need a bit more from all our players on the park actually. MUST get 3 points :)

I think changing the subject could get us booted. :D But I agree. :thumbsu:

3 points and we're back in the slim EUFA calculations.

It was true. How the umpires can ruin a perfectly good game is ____ing stupid.

Do the ever pay Holding the ____ing Ball?
The ____ing gifted Buddy 2 SOFT goals, its just ____ing bullshit.

There was an awesome match being played, would have been greater if the umpires had of just ____ing dropped dead.

Im ____ing furious about the red magets. The game was ours, and soft free kicks, gave Hawthorn a helping hand.

The frees we got in the end were no worse than the frees (and 50s) North got in the first qtr which helped establish the lead in the first place. Umpires are just crap and inconsistent in general.

The frees we got in the end were no worse than the frees (and 50s) North got in the first qtr which helped establish the lead in the first place. Umpires are just crap and inconsistent in general.

I agree with your last sentence there MinerBoy but, as for the first point you made....................there was a major difference! Frees given to either side when two players are holding each other's jumpers are a blatant joke.

50's and frees given for blatant misdirected aggression are obvious one's which have to be paid. Your boys were like angry schoolboys in the first quarter and were lucky that we're crap at nailing sides to the wall on the scoreboard. After qtr time, with a more mature approach to aggression (led by Sewell, who was sensational), your side began to understand how they should be more aggressive.....towards the ball.

I don't blame the 50/50 decisions which went against us for the loss, but they contributed. We were run over in the end.......GAME OVER!

T'toes

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back