Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thommoooooooooooooooo, Hawks are playing the man, it won't work.

Jones has 2, we are slaughtering them.

Michael Voss Best work on the telecast today.

1. Called Lee Brown Leigh Harding.

2. Aaron Edwards - Andy Edwards

I thought that was Darcy?

Gee some of that was good to watch! And bloody hell Br**n is looking a lot better than he was last season.

I still question the decision to play Sam Power. A 'serviceable player' who plays suicide football (how many crap turnovers are we going to see from him?) is surely not a better choice than some of the younger players coming through. Will it take 2 rounds or 2 seasons for Laidley to see this?

I have to say the coach has done an excellent job with his on-field strategies so far.

Wells is destroying them.

The guy on the magnetic board has ____ed things up.

Leigh Harding to give MacIntosh a hand in the ruck according to Darcy.

Hamish is killing them.

"Umpires have ruined the game" - According the the commentators. I've never heard commentators abuse the umpires so much in my life, they must've been discraceful.

Sounded as if they pretty much won the game for Hawthorn on what im listening to

"Umpires have ruined the game" - According the the commentators. I've never heard commentators abuse the umpires so much in my life, they must've been discraceful.

Sounded as if they pretty much won the game for Hawthorn on what im listening to

As much as I'd like to blame them, we just threw the game away. Should of pushed on when we had some big leads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires pfffft, where were Harris, Wells, Azza, Thommo etc in the last q?

That's news? seriously they have had a awful start to the year worst in memory, but you guys should of pretty much sealed the game in the first quarter missed to many opportunities should of had a 6-7 goal lead instead of 3.

Harvey BOG imo

Frustrating watching it on the box, thought we had them halfway through that last quarter.

On the box its hard to pinpoint where things went awry - obviously when we are in command we must kick six or seven goals as others teams seem to against us. We also need to prevent the opposition from running the footy so easily out of our forward fifty when we don't take the grab.

Wouldn't blame the umpires - the cannot touch full forwards rule is one all teams can capitilise on.

If Harvey had taken that mark just near the 50, who knows what may have happened.

Remember Hawthorn fans think that they have started carving the Haw on the premiership cup, so disappointed but far from disheartened.

It was true. How the umpires can ruin a perfectly good game is ____ing stupid.

Do the ever pay Holding the ____ing Ball?
The ____ing gifted Buddy 2 SOFT goals, its just ____ing bullshit.

There was an awesome match being played, would have been greater if the umpires had of just ____ing dropped dead.

Im ____ing furious about the red magets. The game was ours, and soft free kicks, gave Hawthorn a helping hand.

I didn't notice the umpires at all.

Frustrating watching it on the box, thought we had them halfway through that last quarter.

On the box its hard to pinpoint where things went awry - obviously when we are in command we must kick six or seven goals as others teams seem to against us. We also need to prevent the opposition from running the footy so easily out of our forward fifty when we don't take the grab.

Wouldn't blame the umpires - the cannot touch full forwards rule is one all teams can capitilise on.

If Harvey had taken that mark just near the 50, who knows what may have happened.

Remember Hawthorn fans think that they have started carving the Haw on the premiership cup, so disappointed but far from disheartened.

They just added the T today, up to HAWT_____, after we beat Geelong it will be almost ready to hand over!

Bwah hahahahahahaha

As much as I'd like to blame them, we just threw the game away. Should of pushed on when we had some big leads.

Thanx Chris86, well said in few words.. the LOSS in a nutshell. We can't cry after having a handy 17pt lead at 3/4 time. North, just refused to work hard. REFUSED as a team. Simmo was busting a lung as he normally does and a few others were doing just enough to get noticed but really, the boys run out of gas by the end. Hawks did enough and that's what quality teams do. Enough to get the points. Dumb teams just let up and let the game slip away. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite mifffed but I gotta accept the reality. KILLER INSTINCT is not in our club's vocabulary.

You guys were unlucky, once again played us very well.

I thought we were dumb, undisciplined, and got off to a weak start.

Pleasing to win after coming back from Perth and getting over the line even though we played like crap, but a loss isn't justice for the way you guys played IMO.

Stopping Mitchell was a huge effort.

You guys were unlucky, once again played us very well.

I thought we were dumb, undisciplined, and got off to a weak start.

Pleasing to win after coming back from Perth and getting over the line even though we played like crap, but a loss isn't justice for the way you guys played IMO.

Stopping Mitchell was a huge effort.
I wish only every hawthorn supporter was like you mate. But that's not to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back