Round 3, 2023 vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
We were reasonably strong favourites entering that match in Tazzie. As hard as that is to believe.
Amazing to see the different paths the two teams have followed since.

Hawks are playing fast, skilful footy with a group of guys with leg speed and skill and spunk.

Whereas we are still trying to figure out a game plan that doesn’t overly expose our lack of leg speed, lack of leadership and sub-par skills……

As hard-core supporters, are we meant to just cop it and tow the “be patient” and “just gotta pump games into the kids” line????

Last edited:
We were reasonably strong favourites entering that match in Tazzie. As hard as that is to believe.

Hawks are playing fast, skilful footy with a group of guys with leg speed and skill and spunk.

Whereas we are still trying to figure out a game plan that doesn’t overly expose our lack of leg speed, lack of leadership and sub-par skills……

As hard-core supporters, are we meant to just cop it and tow the “be patient” and “just gotta pump games into the kids” line????

You’re not a hardcore supporter if you accept what’s happening. This isn’t North Melbourne, it’s a farce.

I attended this game with Orange Peanut snd I’m pretty sure we both came away thinking we were not on a par with Hawthorn come the final siren, despite thinking that No Chase Jase and Clarkos were our saviours before the game.

I would go back further at what is a worse situation…the 2016 Final v Adelaide

Humiliatingly walking out of that ground afterwards and hearing the Crows fans writing us off.

In that time they’ve been to a GF, been back down and are back on the rise.

We fell off a cliff, hit 2m below rock bottom and barely have gotten into second gear since, all in 8 years

That’s demoralising

Can Hawthorn win a game without the same characters having an epic sook every time? I swear you guys want North to lose and the Hawks to win.

If you love Hawthorn's spunk so much then why don't you go and join them?

I attended this game with Orange Peanut snd I’m pretty sure we both came away thinking we were not on a par with Hawthorn come the final siren, despite thinking that No Chase Jase and Clarkos were our saviours before the game.

I would go back further at what is a worse situation…the 2016 Final v Adelaide

Humiliatingly walking out of that ground afterwards and hearing the Crows fans writing us off.

In that time they’ve been to a GF, been back down and are back on the rise.

We fell off a cliff, hit 2m below rock bottom and barely have gotten into second gear since, all in 8 years

That’s demoralising
JHF was a Port player then.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can Hawthorn win a game without the same characters having an epic sook every time? I swear you guys want North to lose and the Hawks to win.

If you love Hawthorn's spunk so much then why don't you go and join them?

Kinda wish I did. What was I thinking in 1994, choosing North?
96 and 99 were great but fck me, it wasn’t worth a future of being worse than Fitzroy and arguing with internet strangers who think it’s all fine.

Drives me nuts that we have to be patient year after year, while the hawks spend 5 mins down the bottom after 4 flags, and next to no top 5 picks and now one of the form teams of the finals
The hawks certainly wouldn’t have trotted lmac and Simpkin together again as captains this year, but they wouldn’t be there anyway cos they value speed and/or good decision makers which we do not
We have improved but it’s very very slow improvement and so little that we haven’t moved up the ladder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

96 and 99 were great but fck me, it wasn’t worth a future of being worse than Fitzroy and arguing with internet strangers who think it’s all fine.
You've hinted at switching teams a bunch of times, as if we're supposed to be like "NO! Don't do it!"

Just do it, man. You clearly love the Hawks and hate the roos. Follow your heart!

without 96 and 99 there is no north....

without 96 and 99 there is no north....

Equally, without Brayshaw/Laidley in the 00’s there wouldn’t be a club. Somehow despite that recent success we still struggled

And ffs I’m sick of selling games to shithole grounds, looks like a goddamn vfl practice match in Hobart. Can we not find a regional Victorian home if we really have to sell some??

You've hinted at switching teams a bunch of times, as if we're supposed to be like "NO! Don't do it!"

Just do it, man. You clearly love the Hawks and hate the roos. Follow your heart!

It’s too late, I’ve missed the 13/14/15 flags. Can’t pretend and tag along with everything I’ve missed. I’m stuck with North. Unless they fold. That’s my only loophole.

Edit: not hoping for that btw, just wish we’d improve. I don’t enjoy footy. This sucks.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see where the respective ceilings of these two teams are in a couple of years. I have a feeling the entire backline of the Hawks will retire just as they're close to challenging.

What do you mean "close to challenging"

They have a Collingwood 2022/2023 feel about them at the moment.

In that it's a very even spread of performers across every line and a system of game style demolishing teams.

They seem a side difficult to break down as they aren't reliant on 2-3 players.

They have a modern forward line that is just about impossible to stop consistently, as they aren't reliant on key forwards, but a misquito fleet of mid/small forwards

They could absolutely win the flag this year, as sickening as that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3, 2023 vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back