Round 3: Carlton vs. Essendon [MCG, Saturday]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best comeback in the club's history, so it has to be pretty close to one of the club's best performances. Of course you can't go past the 16 premierships, but a damn fine effort by the mighty Blues.
Re iterateted to 'Greatest Comback ever'
Especially in a rivalry game against the Dons

Match of the Season so far. Classic footy. It was game of two halves in a way. The Dons midfield were awesome in the first, the Blues were much better in the second. The Fev's second half was brilliant but I reckon the Scotland was the best on the ground. He played well for the whole game.

probably the most dissapointing match ive seen the bombers play for quite some time, more so then last year. losing a 48 point lead to a team who is i would say not going to make it past 12th this year. the gameplan seemed to go completley out the window in the 3rd quarter. and was a bit dissapointed in a few players.

ricky dyson, although spent a lot of the time on the bench still didnt impress me much today.
leroy jetta, didnt do anything really for the game and missed a vital easy set shot. (i musnt be too critical to the 3rd gamer though)
scott lucas (even having 11 marks and 3 goals didnt satisfy me today, also missed 5 shots that he would normally have penciled down straight away)
probably most mal micheal - is still relatively young 29 isnt old. i think he needs to adapt his game a bit, his a great full back but loses it on the lead. either the bombers need to continually help him out when his on players on fevola's quality or a new plan for him needs to be made..

also thought kevin sheedy was a bit stupid today. from my perspective i think he thought we were definately going to win late in that second quarter. he had fletcher, winderlick and lucas i think on the bench at once, then when he put them back on he put fletcher in the forward line, (obviously to give paddy ryder some time alone to develop his defensive game). i just think he should have stuck with the game plan at least until midway through the 3rd quarter....

the next two games are really going to show where we are at. st kilda, a team you would put in the 8, and collingwood a team who i would put at about 8th or just below the 8. i figure if we beat the two of them we are a finals team.

probably the most dissapointing match ive seen the bombers play for quite some time, more so then last year. losing a 48 point lead to a team who is i would say not going to make it past 12th this year. the gameplan seemed to go completley out the window in the 3rd quarter. and was a bit dissapointed in a few players. ...

Well the Dons will be better in 2007, but not much better. The amount of hype Sheeds and Hird ("we will make the top-4 in 2007") was just ridiculous, and didn't help. The Blues played terrible footy for much of the first half, and the suspect umpiring didn't help matters. The Dons seemed so intent on tagging and negating, and just panicked in the 2nd half when some of our players started breaking their tags. In a shoot-out type game, the Dons were never going to be able to match the Blues. And that's how it turned out. The Dons midfield is STILL a major issue. Yes, players like Jetta and Davey are fast, but they are not midfielders. Your midfield is still slow, and lacking quality and was exposed in the 2nd half. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Carlton vs. Essendon [MCG, Saturday]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back