Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Hawks v Cats Mon April 1st 3:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m failing to see how that’s much difference to Selwood throwing his head back and dropping to his knees.

Must admit I do like the dry humour in naming a “stand” after him
Yea sure 'dry humour' is why he has a stand named after him. Good to see you show you're an ignorant clown not worth attempting discussion with.

Looks like its a gonna be another tough year for Sam Mitchell.
Tim Allen Trouble GIF by Last Man Standing

Because it's right? Selwood kept playing. Because he wasn't actually trying to play for a free. Gin flops down like a bag of s**t and looks at the umpires. His 'response' to it absolutely needs to be better.
Massive difference as well is selwood did it when the laws allowed you to shrug tacklers by lifting your arms. Alot of the time selwood did it and he slipped the tackler off which is good form even by Todays standards as it breaks a tackle.. Whether it is play on or a free you wouldnt care.

Selwood was a contested beast who went in hard for the ball and had plenty of tricks, ginnivan is a whimp who just wants to grab the ball and “duck”.. It is literally all he aims to do.

Pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone written off Geelong again for 2024.
Probably had the most freakish list of injuries a team could get last year and almost made finals in the remaining month.

The kicker for me is Cameron, he's been pretty quiet so far and we are still able to turn on a gear and accelerate from teams, albeit Adelaide and Hawthorn who look like finishing well outside the eight.

Western Bulldogs will put up decent resistance next week. Good test to see where both teams are at.

Selwood was one of the hardest players at the ball of all time. He got frees because he got to the ball first, he frustrated the opposition with this continually for 15 years.

He was a ducking cheat, don't try to rewrite history. He got away with it because he was a great player, and that's the only difference between him and Ginnivin

People mentioning Ginnivan's name in the same breath as Selwood is preposterous. Footy fans have tunnel vision at the best of times, but that sort of comparison is ridiculous and only fueled by envy. Selwood was a superb ball player, he got to it first and as any coach will tell you, get to the ball first and you are more than half way there. Umpires don't pay free kicks to players who hang around on the periphery! Hawthorn had the chance to pick him in the 2006 draft, but instead went with 2 game veteran Mitch Thorp... Opposition footy fans have been envious of Joel Selwood since he started, it doesn't wash.

People mentioning Ginnivan's name in the same breath as Selwood is preposterous. Footy fans have tunnel vision at the best of times, but that sort of comparison is ridiculous and only fueled by envy. Selwood was a superb ball player, he got to it first and as any coach will tell you, get to the ball first and you are more than half way there. Umpires don't pay free kicks to players who hang around on the periphery! Hawthorn had the chance to pick him in the 2006 draft, but instead went with 2 game veteran Mitch Thorp... Opposition footy fans have been envious of Joel Selwood since he started, it doesn't wash.
Got deleted but if flogs can keep bringing his name into this discussion then it's fair game. Now that the germ Gini is wearing the colours of the professional victims all of a sudden he's Joel Selwood tier? Give me a break.

Got deleted but if flogs can keep bringing his name into this discussion then it's fair game. Now that the germ Gini is wearing the colours of the professional victims all of a sudden he's Joel Selwood tier? Give me a break.

A duck is an admission that you are giving up on the play - "I'm wearing the tackle and hoping the umpire bails me out".

A shrug is a declaration that you are breaking free of a tackle or any poor tackling technique will be punished. Either/or, Joel didn't care. He'd happily play on if the umpire didn't pay one.

I get that Selwood sucking in players who were beaten to the ball first was frustrating. But it's mind boggling that the common AFL watching neanderthal convinces themselves that the Ginnivan and Selwood actions are identical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Hawks v Cats Mon April 1st 3:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Back