Round 3: Richmond vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

On current form we should win by 10 goals, at the very least we should win. As a Richmond fan though, I know it won't be as easy as this. Melbourne still have some good players, we will gift them some goals from turnovers and they will think they're a chance and suddenly start having a crack and it will end up being a close game. Bookmark it.

Richmond
- R1: 2 goals down at 3QT to the 5th best side from last year
- R2: 21 pt loss to 2nd best side from last year

Melbourne
- R1: 41 pt (home) loss to 15th best side from last year
- R2: 108 pt (away) loss to 4th best side from last year

Richmond have been disappointing yet somewhat competitive. They will win games. Melbourne though will struggle to win a game before their R13 clash with GWS. But they'll probably snag one against the Dogs or Saints. They have to.

IMO the bookies will have Richmond at about $1.50. If we get up I'll celebrate it like a GF win (not that I know what that feels like :eek:).

Kind of hoping Jake King plays and gives it to us just so I can see how both Neeld and the players respond.

For some reason I think we'll be better in the air, especially if Martin comes back but of course getting everything else right kind of helps too.

In any case Richmond should win.

IMO the bookies will have Richmond at about $1.50. If we get up I'll celebrate it like a GF win (not that I know what that feels like :eek:).

Kind of hoping Jake King plays and gives it to us just so I can see how both Neeld and the players respond.

For some reason I think we'll be better in the air, especially if Martin comes back but of course getting everything else right kind of helps too.

In any case Richmond should win.

Did a PCL early against Collingwood.

There are 4 teams Melbourne has a chance to beat atm IMO.

They are:
-GWS
-GC
-Richmond
-Bulldogs

Add St Kilda to that.

So 4/5 chances are better than none! :D

Don't forget we still have 11 players out through injury. Just getting sylvia and jurrah back is gonna boost our performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^
Are they back this week?
Sylvia is a slim chance to come back.

Strauss should play his first game for the year as it was a concussion that kept him out this week. Tapscott too will be a welcome return if selected. Potentially quite a different looking team to the one that travelled to Perth.

This should be a walk in the park for Richmond..........It won't be. We will battle all game and I expect the margin to be less than 3 goals either way!

Richmond should smash us. They have actually put in decent performances so far. They looked really good at times against Carlton and Collingwood.

Should be an enjoyable day at the G for Richmond fans. I'm going to this one. When the final siren sounds, and the Richmond theme song starts, I'd ask Melbourne fans not to join in the singing this time. A part of my football soul died the last time I witnessed such a spectacle.

They normally play well against us solely because Sylvia pencils us in every year for his best game. Sylvia's not playing. If we lose this then serious questions need to be asked, because Melbourne have been atrocious.
Don't be so sure, I can see us playing a 50% fit Sylvia.

Both sides coming into the game with a 0-2 start to the season. Melbourne always seem to play well against Richmond, so I am expecting this game to be a cracker. Richmond have certainly played better footy so far this year, so they should go into the game as favourites with the bookies.

Who will people be tipping to win this game, and why?

Are you mad? Richmond will do us slowly

Richmond. Melbourne are an absolute rabble and need to be relegated to the VFL.

Troll-B-Gone.jpg

They have actually put in decent performances so far. They looked really good at times against Carlton and Collingwood.

They certainly did. Richmond were very competitive against Collingwood, and they were right with Carlton up until the final quarter too. Both performances worthy of respect - infinitely more so than the schemozzle from our side in the last 2 games, but that goes without saying :(

I have to hope we can pull off a win here, and as Sprout said, the team we put out for this one may well be significantly better - I hope to Christ our workrate and ball-use is too. But the odds are certainly with Richmond.

Regardless of the outcome in this match, whether we can spring a surprise or not, I expect the Tiges will continue to improve as they have since the second half of 2010 - could even squeak into a finals berth this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Richmond vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back