Barlow 53
Dyson 47
Simmonds 46
Riewoldt 59
Johnson 52
Brown 34
Tredrea 34 and 3 other scores of 60 and below
I feel your pain man.
I had Bowden, BJ, Roo, JBrown & Hayes all scoring like shit for 400k players.
Add to that average games from Houli, Barlow & Simmonds among others and I had a shithouse week too.
Makes all these 2000+ scores very hard to stomach :eek:

Oh and I changed captain from Cornes to Cross 2 minutes before lockout aswell.
Kill me.

Happy With: Fev, mcintosh, shaw, waters, king, cross, and chad (c)

Unhappy with: n. thompson, houli, symes, JBrown, simmonds, and NJones

got 2045 and was ranked around 7000. hopefully now top 3000

this will be an interesting round. I think some people who are ranked high will slide as many usual performers dropped off...whilst many lower will jump.

I had a shocker and was ranked quite highly. Only 1833. I had riewoldt captain. Unfortunately i have no Geelong midfielders and I also have J Brown, Nicoski, Dyson and have to play Pfeiffer down back due to a few guys been dropped.

If i had set CHad Cornes like i had all week, i wouldve got 1930ish.

If you had a few geelong midfielders you'd be up for a big score.

Think this will be a big week for movement as many potential captains did quite bad and not everyone has geelong players.

I consider myself a fantastic dream teamer (came 6th overall last year and 12 year before) but i realise my biggest mistake this year was not getting chapman and bartel despite price. I think i bought into a lot of discussion at their price been too high.

Instead i went the KPP forwards in riewoldt and brown...and i know better than this because they are always slow starters. I got both by around round 8 last year. I know to get midfielders as a priority but i think i got sucked in by a lot of talk.

Still, i was top 100 last week, so i reckon a lot will fall and a lot will jump so hopefully i can hang around the top 500. I got plenty in the bank to make my move

I don't have any geelong players. It's slightly worrying but my present midfield of Cross, Johnstone, Griffen, Stevens, Coughlan, Dyson, Palmer, Bird doesn't really accommodate them. I could trade out Johnstone for one of them but I don't feel the need.

i got 2123 and looking at the scores from last week i would of been top 10 :(

I better be top 10 this weeek. haha

this will be an interesting round. I think some people who are ranked high will slide as many usual performers dropped off...whilst many lower will jump.

I had a shocker and was ranked quite highly. Only 1833. I had riewoldt captain. Unfortunately i have no Geelong midfielders and I also have J Brown, Nicoski, Dyson and have to play Pfeiffer down back due to a few guys been dropped.

If i had set CHad Cornes like i had all week, i wouldve got 1930ish.

If you had a few geelong midfielders you'd be up for a big score.

Think this will be a big week for movement as many potential captains did quite bad and not everyone has geelong players.

I consider myself a fantastic dream teamer (came 6th overall last year and 12 year before) but i realise my biggest mistake this year was not getting chapman and bartel despite price. I think i bought into a lot of discussion at their price been too high.

Instead i went the KPP forwards in riewoldt and brown...and i know better than this because they are always slow starters. I got both by around round 8 last year. I know to get midfielders as a priority but i think i got sucked in by a lot of talk.

Still, i was top 100 last week, so i reckon a lot will fall and a lot will jump so hopefully i can hang around the top 500. I got plenty in the bank to make my move

Many of the points you discussed apply to my team, despite the fact i got 1,924 last week and 1,989 this week.

I don't think having at least one top Geelong midfielder in your team will necessarily equate to a top score.

Take my team for example; my midfield doesn't feature any Geelong midfielders and consists solely of Cross, Judd, Stevens, Dal Santo, Palmer and Houli. That is certainly no star studded midfield in terms of score output, especially since i'm starting two rookies on the field. Whilst a player like Bartel may have boosted my score somewhat, a player such as Cross or Judd who can score similarly, will do so at a markedly reduced cost. The point here is that having such an expensive midfield isn't the be all and end all.

I think the most important factor to getting a decent score of around 1900-2000 is that your team consists of a spread of players that will get you decent, consistent, scores week in, week out. However, each aspect of your side - backline, midfield, ruck, and forwardline - must feature at least one or two top scorers that will almost certainly achieve 100 that you can fall back on (ie. C.Cornes, Shaw, Cross, Cox, Pav).

Also, along with Palmer and Houli, my team features other starting rookies including Rioli, Pfeiffer and Barlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing with 650k has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard of

had no choice.. had to get rid of lucas.. picked up hill, awesome trade i rekon. pendles cant handle a tag, traded him for a performing rookie for the cash. these trades would allow me to get brown and about 3 other guns over the next week with the 650k i have..

2073 with :
S.Selwood 51
Houli 46
Simmonds 46
B Johnston 52
Embley 62

Traded Jetta for Josh Hill and Chad as Capt.

Best ever score for me.:thumbsu:

2073 with :
S.Selwood 51
Houli 46
Simmonds 46
B Johnston 52
Embley 62

Traded Jetta for Josh Hill and Chad as Capt.

Best ever score for me.:thumbsu:

Same!

C.Cornes (c) 304
H.Shaw 125
McIntosh 110
Didak 110
Bradshaw 104
Hill 99
Roughead 96

and...

Nicoski 45
Gram 58