Round 3 The Sydney Swans vs. The Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattner should stay. I don't agree with the thought that because Tiger and Mal have looked good means we don't need Mattner. I think keeping all four in the team means we have plenty of options for defensive, midfield and rebounding duties.

Would we rather have Richards in the side than Mattner? I'm not one of the anti-Mattner crew but his role to rebound the ball out of defence is really not required this season. Kennelly is back, and Malceski is my #1 preference with his extremely accurate left foot. Mattner hasn't looked very assured, and Richards would add another option in the defensive 50 to match up on key forwards. Just give him strict instructions NOT to run the damn ball out of defence, he always looks like he'll have an apocalyptic turnover at any moment.

What's your role for Richards. Richmond's forward structure is missing a contest for Richards that isn't already covered. Richards had no roel against St Kilda and struggled.

I want Mattner to cover Riewoldt if Jack goes up the ground. tackle him hard in packs and see how he copes with it. So far in his career not too well.

If King picks up McGlynn it will be interesting, I would worry that Vesz might get sucked into the spot fights the little lout likes to start where as I think McGlynn has the maturity and the fitness base to run him around the forward line.

I suggest Richmond don't have an answer for Goodes for at CHF. a couple of talls but there not mobile and Moore will struggle in the air with him too.

This is a danger game, everyone remember the corresponding last year and it took Mattner's last ditch tackle on Jack Riewoldt to win it.

Took the words right out of my keyboard. I fear this game.

The Tigers are not as bad as might seem; we are not as good as some seem to think. It's a common occurrence for a developing young team to be horribly inconsistent and erratic ... winning games we're expected to lose, then blowing games we should win.

On another thread we've got a lot of posters insisting we'll win our next three games; I'll be happy just to win next week. It is NOT a "gimme" game.

The Tigers are not as bad as might seem; we are not as good as some seem to think. It's a common occurrence for a developing young team to be horribly inconsistent and erratic ... winning games we're expected to lose, then blowing games we should win.

On another thread we've got a lot of posters insisting we'll win our next three games; I'll be happy just to win next week. It is NOT a "gimme" game.

Have you ever been confident going into any swans game?

That might be true but every time i think we are going to win i then think about what Fremantle did to us last year.
Going into that game I was stupid enough to announce to all my WA mates that the Swans had the bye.... jeez I was copping it for the next week

I agree with everything you said.

Except that I am tipping us in my works lock competition - Survived by 1 point this week.

One thing though is teams like Richmond to make a danger game need to be able to score freely to giver themselves confidence. I think if things are not going well we are capable of locking the game down and denting their belief.

I think we can play finals and as such we shouldn't be losing this game.

That might be true but every time i think we are going to win i then think about what Fremantle did to us last year.

Completely different situation, you can never underestimate Fremantle in Perth and we have a terrible record against them at that ground. Taking on Richmond at the SCG is an entirely different prospect and we shouldn't have trouble accounting for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Changes but Jesse White needs to kick 3-4 goals this week. Dropping simple marks and taking on 2-3 players and getting caught. Needs to step up. Tipping a 80+ win. Bradshaw to kick 6 and our defence keeping them to 5-6 goals

No Changes but Jesse White needs to kick 3-4 goals this week. Dropping simple marks and taking on 2-3 players and getting caught. Needs to step up. Tipping a 80+ win. Bradshaw to kick 6 and our defence keeping them to 5-6 goals

He doesn't need to kick 3 or 4 goals, All he needs to do is develop and provide a presence.

Not to sure if it will be an 80 point win expecting the tigers to come out breathing fire this week we should win but may be a tad closer than expected

He doesn't need to kick 3 or 4 goals, All he needs to do is develop and provide a presence.

Not to sure if it will be an 80 point win expecting the tigers to come out breathing fire this week we should win but may be a tad closer than expected

Ok. Maybe a 30-50 point win. I will be happy if White can take the simple marks and stop taking on players. If he can string together a few good games then he should be right for the season.

ok, maybe a 10-20 pt win. 80 is titf. we dont win like that.

Pencil O'Keefe to get 40+ Possie and 3-4 goals in a 3 brownlow point winning performance:thumbsu: (Also 150+ DT Points)
Swans by 38 Is my guess

Hoping for Bradshaw to kick a big bag this week, he has been dissapointing in my eyes for the first two weeks, mind you i expected him to come out out and average 4-5 per week

Hoping for Bradshaw to kick a big bag this week, he has been dissapointing in my eyes for the first two weeks, mind you i expected him to come out out and average 4-5 per week

He'll come good, dont worry. He had just about zero preseason work and fitness to build on coming into round 1 so he just needs game under his belt and by about the middle of the year at the latest i think he will be up and firing for us and playing the way he was the last 2 years for Brisbane.

Far out! A lot of nervous nancies on this thread. The tigers have looked dreadful all preseason and in both games this season. If we dont win by 100 points its a moral victory to Richmond.

100 points it also titf.

100 points it also titf.

Last time we kicked a big score over them was Round 7 2006 - Swans 28.12.180 defeated Richmond 9.8.62

I would love to see them do this again with Bradshaw and White kicking 10 each

Yep i am dreaming..

It will be a convincing win but not by that much, swans by appx 7-10 goals..

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 The Sydney Swans vs. The Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back