Round 3 The Sydney Swans vs. The Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh Jetta was a bit disappointing in that sense, but it is just do damn exciting when we see him get the ball and take off outpacing everyone in his general area. I think how exciting he is and how excited the crowd gets whenever he goes near it masks some of his mistakes. He was a bit off last night, but still he is in our best 22 atm imo.

It is only his 3rd game though and his first on the oddly shaped ground that is the SCG. His confidence to go at goal was one positive i took out of his game, despite the fact he missed pretty badly with those shots.

No, he wasn't that bad. I still think he needs a run in the reserves. He's shown glimpses in these three games, but send him back, get the confidence up and get him to work on things.

Some people are overreacting and acting as if we're ending his career by dropping him. It's his first year. There was no way he was going to play all 22 games this year.

And when we've got such strong depth, it's important to do two things:

1) Reward those who are performing in the reserves

2) Let the senior side know that their position is not safe unless they perform

fair enough

On a sideways note (and given the ongoing improvement of our new ruck duo) I noted on the Pies board after their loss on Friday night that quite a few Pies' fans are starting to question the value of trading for Jolly, and saying that they were "tricked" by Roos:D Meanwhile our game plan continues to bring out the best in players from elsewhere, and our ruck duo seem to be going along quite nicely:thumbsu:

On a sideways note (and given the ongoing improvement of our new ruck duo) I noted on the Pies board after their loss on Friday night that quite a few Pies' fans are starting to question the value of trading for Jolly, and saying that they were "tricked" by Roos:D Meanwhile our game plan continues to bring out the best in players from elsewhere, and our ruck duo seem to be going along quite nicely:thumbsu:

Man, I am totally loving seeing Judas... ahem... 'Jolly' fail.

Guess it's a little cruel to think that way though.

Man, I am totally loving seeing Judas... ahem... 'Jolly' fail.

Guess it's a little cruel to think that way though.

Not at all. To reference a Macca's jingle "I'm lovin' it".

He was so ready to turn his back on the club after all it did for him, it is satisfying for me at least to see him battling so hard at his new club.

Why is Jetta only allowed to have 1 slightly dodgy game before people are calling for his head while White is allowed to have 3 absolutely shocking games without having his spot subject to questioning?

"Absolutely shocking"???? Fck me, the ridiculously elevated expectations here are turning everyone into Robert Walls.

White's not kicking goals but he's doing other stuff round the ground; same with Jetta AND Moore.

"Absolutely shocking" would be far more appropriate to describe the skill levels of too many players from the Richmond, Adelaide, West Coast, Melbourne, Carlton, North and Essendon players.

The Essendon-Carlton and Melbourne-Adelaide games were a lot closer to "absolutely shocking" than anything any Sydney player has done this season.

A lot of people on here need to get fast shot of perspective; as for some others, insisting on team changes when they've quite clearly not even seen the game ... idiots.

This has been a thoroughly positive and exciting start to our season.

go on the afl website they have full match replays

Went up for the game - making a habit of it now - went to Randwick during the day and off to the SCG - great fun...!

Proper shellacking but not entirely unexpected.

It struck me that Heath Grundy may be the most improved player in the league. I seen him a cupla years back and he looked a bit lost. Since he went down back he has been a revelation - yet another masterstroke by the Swannies.

They just get the job done don't they. Well played lads and good luck for 2010.

go on the afl website they have full match replays

Really?

Saints play Freo next week so we could potentially move up to the top two, as Brisbane play the Bulldogs.

Went up for the game - making a habit of it now - went to Randwick during the day and off to the SCG - great fun...!

Proper shellacking but not entirely unexpected.

It struck me that Heath Grundy may be the most improved player in the league. I seen him a cupla years back and he looked a bit lost. Since he went down back he has been a revelation - yet another masterstroke by the Swannies.

They just get the job done don't they. Well played lads and good luck for 2010.

Thanks for kind comments on Grundy. He really is a revelation as you say.

Take heart that there's a lot of talent in your young side - a few 'Grundys' just looking for a bit more development time and the right position.

Yes, the same saints who were mauled by the dogs the week before and the same crows who were thrashed by freo the week before. As for the Tigers...even the Blues managed to win 4 quarters against them.

I'm not convinced today's effort will cut it against quality opposition. We really dropped off in the last half. FFS, we were matched for the last half by Richmond !! You can't get any worse (apologies to Tiger's supporters but a fact's a fact)

Roos should be concerned and I bet he is. What happens if we carry the form of our last half into next week ? Complacency is the enemy. We have plenty of deserving players in the 2's, many of whom played well in the pre-season.

IMO, Roos will shoot one or two players as an example to the others.

The Swans WON the game, when it was game on. Richmond won an EFFING quarter - when it was game over.
The Tigger boys are playing for their careers. Their gaffer was sitting on the bench, next to them throughout the match.
We won by a margin of 9 goals, the largest margin over this completed round. It's only Richmond does not wash with me, we gave it to them when the game was up for grabs. If the Tiggers are not deemed a worthy foe over the journey, how FFS can the sorties of the seconds be of a better standing.
Complacency, what about a bit of clemency before one or two players are clubbed for dropping a quarter in winning by only 9 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans WON the game, when it was game on. Richmond won an EFFING quarter - when it was game over.
The Tigger boys are playing for their careers. Their gaffer was sitting on the bench, next to them throughout the match.
We won by a margin of 9 goals, the largest margin over this completed round. It's only Richmond does not wash with me, we gave it to them when the game was up for grabs. If the Tiggers are not deemed a worthy foe over the journey, how FFS can the sorties of the seconds be of a better standing.
Complacency, what about a bit of clemency before one or two players are clubbed for dropping a quarter in winning by only 9 goals.

I agree things look good. We'll probably be 4 from 5 after beating the 13-16th teams (as of round 3).

It's rounds 6-10 that worry me when we have teams on a par with the saints. IF Roos makes changes it should be in the next two weeks when we have weaker opponents. We need to be in the habit of playing 100% for 4 quarters

Jetta actually did some pretty good stuff, especially in the first half. I think he looked a bit subdued out there, and he looked pretty down after the game finished (I think he's desparate to kick his first goal) but if you look at his actual output, most of it was at least decent. He executes many skills so quickly and with such fluency that I think it is easy to overlook the value of his contributions unless he is bounding down the wing bouncing away.

There were a couple of mistakes in the second half and a couple of fumbles, but most of the seasoned players were guilty of that (and are guilty of it most weeks, even when we play particularly well).

Kieren Jack was given 9 in The Age Footballer of the year as BOG.

Odd, he was good but was surprised that, firstly he was one of 5 players to get votes and secondly he got given 9, to say he was the best man on the ground over Reg, Mal and McGlynn.

Doesn't really matter but i was surprised.

Kieren Jack was given 9 in The Age Footballer of the year as BOG.

Odd, he was good but was surprised that, firstly he was one of 5 players to get votes and secondly he got given 9, to say he was the best man on the ground over Reg, Mal and McGlynn.

Doesn't really matter but i was surprised.
He got my 1 vote in the POTY but yeah agreed, don't think he was BOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 The Sydney Swans vs. The Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back