Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of giving Barlow another week. However, he has looked extremely poor last two games.

This is ****ing with my head.

Would hold onto Wingard for now, personally, the hamstring strain is a bit of a worry (was also rested due to tightness during the preseason), but it should only be one week this time around, so not sure that it would be the best use of a trade. Any rookies you're missing prior to the first price rise, e.g.?
Yeah I think I will just bench him and hopefully he comes good for next week. Pretty much have all the rookies I need, have Weitering, BenKen, Paps, Adams, Menadue, Oliver, Mills + Essendon kids so will just trade Rocky for Parker.

The problem I have with giving Barlow a few more chances is what is acceptable?

Let's say he scores 80-90 this weekend, then what? Do you keep him?

If he scores 110, you're going to keep him.

What if the week after he scores 60 again.

I can't see him averaging more than 85 (I think it'll be in the 70s) for the season, so for me it's not worth keeping him.

I'll keep him if he goes 85 plus this week, either way he is going to drop 40k-50k no matter what.

If he spuds up again, he goes for a Hartley or Round 4 bubble rookie.

Given there are quite a few high performing rookies/mid pricers up forward and quite a few underwhelming pure midfield rookies you could almost loophole him on your mid bench. You could start a Milera/McCarthy type as F6 in his place.

D: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Weitering, Adams, Dea, Tipungwuti, M Brown
M: Danger, Ablett, Prddis, Fyfe, Rocky, Libba, Mills, Oliver, Gresham, Davis, Hewitt
R: Nicnat, Gawn, Grimley
F: Dusty, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge, Menadue, McCarthy

As you can see I have all the warning sign players in Rich, Rocky and Barlow. I have most of the top 10 rookies, but not Papley.

Where can I build the best outcome do you think?

Am I insane to trade Barlow > Papley and Rocky > Zaharakis?

Leaves me $660k in the tank....
Nope
2 spuds out for a great cash cow and the number 1 mid at Essendon, sounds fine to me

I'm doing the same but with JJ instead of Zaka

I think keeping Barlow is more crazy...

Nope
2 spuds out for a great cash cow and the number 1 mid at Essendon, sounds fine to me

I'm doing the same but with JJ instead of Zaka

I think keeping Barlow is more crazy...

Why is keeping Barlow so crazy? Ross (I know he can't be trusted) has come out and said that things will be changed and with the derby coming up I doubt he will leave things as they are. I know it is risky but all the talk on this thread about saving trades after round one seems to have gone out the window.

D: Shaw, Rich, Seedsman, Weitering, Adams, Dea, Tipungwuti, M Brown
M: Danger, Ablett, Prddis, Fyfe, Rocky, Libba, Mills, Oliver, Gresham, Davis, Hewitt
R: Nicnat, Gawn, Grimley
F: Dusty, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge, Menadue, McCarthy

As you can see I have all the warning sign players in Rich, Rocky and Barlow. I have most of the top 10 rookies, but not Papley.

Where can I build the best outcome do you think?

In the exact same position. I have gone Gresham to Papley + Rocky to Gray

Giving Barlow and Rich one more week.

So you think Rocky is the one that needs to go? If we dont get Papley are we falling behind? I guess Seedsman isn't great but he is doing just enough at the moment to hang in there. Did you have any other considerations? Excellent insight.

Why is keeping Barlow so crazy? Ross (I know he can't be trusted) has come out and said that things will be changed and with the derby coming up I doubt he will leave things as they are. I know it is risky but all the talk on this thread about saving trades after round one seems to have gone out the window.

Something's very wrong at Freo if they don't switch it up this weekend!!!!

Thinking of:
Bench: Rocky (also carrying Sidebottom)
Trade 1: Barlow > B Kennedy
Trade 2: Gresham > B Crouch
Cash: 250k left over.

Does trade 2 in particular make sense? Idea is he would minimize midfield point losses short - midterm and generate cash.

Getting rid of Barlow is a no brainer for me. Picked him on the back of freo saying he will be in the midfield + good NAB scores. He isn't playing in the midfield. It's not a question if he can churn out big numbers, everyone knows he can and will probably play midfield and dominate this w/e. But you can't trust that happening week in week out, as in rounds 6-12 he could be used in a forward role again.

Heck i'm sure he will churn out a number of 110+ scores when he is playing midfield. But i'm not putting up with the many 70ish scores you are going to get this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something's very wrong at Freo if they don't switch it up this weekend!!!!
What do you want them to do? What is going to change? Should they play Fyfe and Neale in the forward line??

Barlow being dropped is change haha

Would that mean, pushing Barlow into the midfield and then freeing up a FWD spot for Papley.

Other alternative. Trading Barlow out. Pushing M Adams into FWD. Trade Gresham for Papley and push Menadue into the Midfield. In which case that's a decision of getting rid or Barlow or Rocky.

What do you want them to do? What is going to change? Should they play Fyfe and Neale in the forward line??

Barlow being dropped is change haha

Seeing Barlow attended only two centre bounces that is something that could change

Seeing Barlow attended only two centre bounces that is something that could change
Yeah and who is going get less? Fyfe? Neale? Mundy? Hill?

Would that mean, pushing Barlow into the midfield and then freeing up a FWD spot for Papley.

Other alternative. Trading Barlow out. Pushing M Adams into FWD. Trade Gresham for Papley and push Menadue into the Midfield. In which case that's a decision of getting rid or Barlow or Rocky.

Interesting alternative. Rocky's price will not change since he is out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully when he comes back he will be back to full strenghth.

Fuuuuu Supercoach messing with my head!

I think in the end they will both turn in around but it is just whether you can bare losing the points of Rocky on your bench for a two week soft tissue injury (prone to niggle for a long time).

Interesting alternative. Rocky's price will not change since he is out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully when he comes back he will be back to full strenghth.

Fuuuuu Supercoach messing with my head!

I think in the end they will both turn in around but it is just whether you can bare losing the points of Rocky on your bench for a two week soft tissue injury (prone to niggle for a long time).
Yeah,
Just having Rocky sitting there for 2 weeks, maybe more who knows.
or Barlow who is going to play in the Derby and might score another 60

I'm on the Barlow to go bandwagon. Gave myself 4 corrective trades, then no trades unless injured. Was badly burnt by Rocky and Sloane in and out last year so not taking the chance.
Last week brought in BenKen
This week: Barlow and Rocky to Libba and Parker
Next week: Someone to Hartley

Then sit tight until byes hopefully - or when Petracca plays r3.

I heard Rocky went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

I heard that he ate these at the restaurant.

Bacon-Turtles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back