Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I really need to get another good defender in my side.
Howe is a big chance to get dropped this week, which will leave me with 3 guns in Shaw, Laird and Houli.
This is teamed up with Howe, Adams and Dea. I have McTip on the bench with Harwood.
First thing I might do is trade Rocky to ZMerrett, then put Merrett in the forward line and put Wells/Kerridge/Hall in the midfield.
Second trade might be Harwood to Hartley, which gives me about 70ish in the bank for next week.

It gets pretty difficult here as I have to start McTip or Hartley, along with Adams and Dea.
Too early to upgrade any of them other than probably Howe next week, but 70k + 260k isn't gonna get me another that great defender next week, unless I'm possibly gonna look at downgrading a mid-pricer midfielder in Crouch/Graham for someone, in order to have the funds in order to get JJ for Howe.

Unless I pass on Merrett (I have decent forwards a the moment in Martin, Gray, Hall, Kerridge, Wells and Papley) and get in Hunter, which will give me about 130k in the bank for next week, this only means ill have about 400k but I won't need to make as big of a downgrade of someone to get JJ for Howe. Only real reason I wanted Merrett was to have an extra mid/fwd option. My fwd line is stacked with them but I only have Menadue with DPP as fwd/mid in the midfield.

I hope that all makes sense, I'm quite bad at explaining things. Would like any advice on offer.

JJ and Merrett. I am in the same situation and a wise old man sold me by saying Zerrett and JJ will be top 6 in their individual positions come seasons end. Zaha and Hunter on the opposite wont. All good picks though!!
True about the top 6 thing. I guess the argument with the other 2 is their value at the moment. Cheers :thumbsu:

Start Hewett or Oliver this week? Getting sick of Oliver looking so good but not getting the points!
Hewett vs GWS, Oliver vs North. Tough one to call really. I'd go with Hewett, mainly because he's proven he can score really well so far, but then again I don't have Oliver :p

I really need to get another good defender in my side.
Howe is a big chance to get dropped this week, which will leave me with 3 guns in Shaw, Laird and Houli.
This is teamed up with Howe, Adams and Dea. I have McTip on the bench with Harwood.
First thing I might do is trade Rocky to ZMerrett, then put Merrett in the forward line and put Wells/Kerridge/Hall in the midfield.
Second trade might be Harwood to Hartley, which gives me about 70ish in the bank for next week.

It gets pretty difficult here as I have to start McTip or Hartley, along with Adams and Dea.
Too early to upgrade any of them other than probably Howe next week, but 70k + 260k isn't gonna get me another that great defender next week, unless I'm possibly gonna look at downgrading a mid-pricer midfielder in Crouch/Graham for someone, in order to have the funds in order to get JJ for Howe.

Unless I pass on Merrett (I have decent forwards a the moment in Martin, Gray, Hall, Kerridge, Wells and Papley) and get in Hunter, which will give me about 130k in the bank for next week, this only means ill have about 400k but I won't need to make as big of a downgrade of someone to get JJ for Howe. Only real reason I wanted Merrett was to have an extra mid/fwd option. My fwd line is stacked with them but I only have Menadue with DPP as fwd/mid in the midfield.

I hope that all makes sense, I'm quite bad at explaining things. Would like any advice on offer.

Does picking Zorko over Merrett give you enough cash to do anything better in defence?

Is it too late to get on the Marcus Adams bandwagon? I want to trade Aish out for him but worried that he may not rise in price enough from here to justify it.

Is it too late to get on the Marcus Adams bandwagon? I want to trade Aish out for him but worried that he may not rise in price enough from here to justify it.
His BE IIRC is still -20 odd

Im going to wait and see on Keays, Ruggles, Byrne and co - the highest rookie price rise was like 33k from Hewett after a 98 in week one, so I dont think it's all that drastic to get on them before theyve played a game.

Will be double downgrading next week tho

Great Point FBI, they arent sky rocketing up in price as much as they have in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My options:

Howe out, Ramsay in
Rockliff out, Hunter in.

Leaves me about 50k for next week, then I might look at someone like Keays for Graham/Crouch
From this will upgrade a midpriced player or rookie to a premium player - unsure at this stage.

Rockliff out, Keays in
Howe out, JJ in

Huge risk here and probably not the best option. Assuming he gets named as well, but I get a top defender for a pretty spuddy midpricer.
Will have 100+ left over and will be able to upgrade Crouch/Graham to a player like Parker/Fyfe or maybe a Zaha or Hunter.

Rockliff out, Parish in
Howe out, JJ in

Quite risky as well and the most I'd want to get Parish. I think Parish JS and scoring shows he'd be a better chose over Keays at the moment.
Howe out and JJ in is very good. Wouldn't leave me with heaps unfortunately, but could lead to getting someone like Keays in for a midpricer and then upgrading someone to a premium.

To be honest, 2 and 3 are quite risky and 1 is probably the best option. If Howe gets named (probably won't know till Friday), I'd probably leave him for now but definitely a target to get upgraded. I'd like to get Hartley in the team, maybe ditch Harwood for him and then I got plenty of options on the table for Rockliff. I'm in sort of a rush to get JJ as I think he's gonna get a bit expensive soon and maybe even now I've missed out.

I'll 99% change my mind though as soon as the teams get named, probably gonna be a Friday arvo decision.

Parish is an interesting one. I would absolutely love to have him and I envy anyone that picked him before Round 1 but there are so many players I'd rather bring in this week than him and he'll be another 40k expensive next week and by then I kinda think the ship has sailed

Starting to think I might keep Barlow an extra week (that's if he doesn't get dropped) in the hopes he'll turn it around. Probs will get rid of Rocky and Aish this week (Aish was woeful against Richmond and really doesn't look to have decent fantasy scoring potential.

Parish is an interesting one. I would absolutely love to have him and I envy anyone that picked him before Round 1 but there are so many players I'd rather bring in this week than him and he'll be another 40k expensive next week and by then I kinda think the ship has sailed

Yeah I definitely get what you mean. 320k and he's not gonna average 95-100 unfortunately, but at his price I'd be pretty happy if he averaged 85 or so.
Only would really trade him for Rockliff in order to get a top of the line defender and maybe leave some room next week to upgrade one of my mid pricers to a premium. I don't think I'll do it anyway but I'm really trying to find a way to get JJ in for Howe. Gotta need one of the likes of Simpson/JJ etc as I don't really trust Sheridan/Longergan types just yet.

Anyway, will leave it as long as I can.

My options:

Howe out, Ramsay in
Rockliff out, Hunter in.

Leaves me about 50k for next week, then I might look at someone like Keays for Graham/Crouch
From this will upgrade a midpriced player or rookie to a premium player - unsure at this stage.

Rockliff out, Keays in
Howe out, JJ in

Huge risk here and probably not the best option. Assuming he gets named as well, but I get a top defender for a pretty spuddy midpricer.
Will have 100+ left over and will be able to upgrade Crouch/Graham to a player like Parker/Fyfe or maybe a Zaha or Hunter.

Rockliff out, Parish in
Howe out, JJ in

Quite risky as well and the most I'd want to get Parish. I think Parish JS and scoring shows he'd be a better chose over Keays at the moment.
Howe out and JJ in is very good. Wouldn't leave me with heaps unfortunately, but could lead to getting someone like Keays in for a midpricer and then upgrading someone to a premium.

To be honest, 2 and 3 are quite risky and 1 is probably the best option. If Howe gets named (probably won't know till Friday), I'd probably leave him for now but definitely a target to get upgraded. I'd like to get Hartley in the team, maybe ditch Harwood for him and then I got plenty of options on the table for Rockliff. I'm in sort of a rush to get JJ as I think he's gonna get a bit expensive soon and maybe even now I've missed out.

I'll 99% change my mind though as soon as the teams get named, probably gonna be a Friday arvo decision.

I would scratch number 2 off the list straight away. I reckon you can watch Keays for a week. It would also lower your scoring potential I reckon for a week.

Personally I like number 3:
JJ ~= Hunter
Parish > Ramsey

I have both Hunter and JJ (for now at least, I am going Barlow > JJ but that could change). Both are solid trades though!

So who has to go first? Barlow or Duncan
Leaning towards Barlow at the moment. Duncan at least got a ton in Round 1 and looks like getting more mid time than Barlow (unless Ross throws out the pre-season plans). I have more confidence that Duncan will bounce back than I do Barlow

Leaning towards Barlow at the moment. Duncan at least got a ton in Round 1 and looks like getting more mid time than Barlow (unless Ross throws out the pre-season plans). I have more confidence that Duncan will bounce back than I do Barlow

At the moment this is the way I have gone. Geelong also play brisbane at their home ground.

Barlow -> Z Merrett, Rockliff -> Zaharakis at the moment.

Think Barlow will bounce back so i might do

Howe>Tippa so i can go rocky>Tom Mitchell

I feel like tippa and howe will have similar outputs after watching howe, Is this stupid?

Other option is keep howe then

Barlow > Merret
Rockliff > Zaha

Barlow won't bounce back and will lucky to be picked this week.

Barlow won't bounce back and will lucky to be picked this week.

yeah im stuffed if i know what ill do.

Barlow >tippett to give DPP to cover ruck
Rocky> Zerrett or Hannebery +40k also in my mind

or

Howe to Hartley
Rocky to TMitchell

and pray that barlow gets 90+

Last edited:
Barlow has won 2(3? Maybe) Ross-Glendenning Medals and loves a big Derby, but I think thay Lyon is too set on him playing as a high half forward because he's scared of his kicking efficiency through the midfield and thinks his clangers are less costly up forward and his height and prescence might lead to goals. So i think although he plays well in the Derby his role wont change this year and he'll have another poor game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back