Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lipinski looks so slow, there were contests that were within his reach but he couldn't get there quickly enough. Just bring in ******* Carmichael, he kicks goals and is a beast inside.
Carmichael shouldn’t be on the list next year.

No quick fixes available at the selection table but Noble surely deserves an opportunity after Markov was subbed out after a 6 disposal 64 metres gained performance.

John might have his limitations but he found or received the ball an average of 20 times last season running off half back.

If Sullivan has a good game tomorrow in the VFL then perhaps he could be a consideration as a mature player who doesn't mind cracking in and has demonstrated an ability to find plenty of the ball at VFL level. Should be hungry.

No quick fixes available at the selection table but Noble surely deserves an opportunity after Markov was subbed out after a 6 disposal 64 metres gained performance.

John might have his limitations but he found or received the ball an average of 20 times last season running off half back.

If Sullivan has a good game tomorrow in the VFL then perhaps he could be a consideration as a mature player who doesn't mind cracking in and has demonstrated an ability to find plenty of the ball at VFL level. Should be hungry.
Quietly hopeful for Sullivan. Should really pressure the midfielders who aren’t showing up (Crisp & Mitchell namely)

OUT: Sidebottom - Mitchell - Markov
IN: Noble - Hoskin-Elliott - Dean

FB: Maynard - Frampton - Dean
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Noble
C: J. Daicos - Pendlebury - WHE
HF: Elliott - Cox - Howe
FF: Hill - Mihocek - De Goey
FOLL: Cameron - N. Daicos - Macrae
INT: Crisp - McCreery - Lipinski - Schultz
SUB: McInnes

Howe up forward to negate Andrews in the air. De Goey up forward to bloody do something. Dean into the third tall defender spot. Noble & WHE to provide some run both ways.

I would be very tempted to drop Crisp. Deplorable all year. Hard to imagine his streak ends via omission though
If we want to negate Andrews, I’d play Frampton on him. One in one he did ok tonight.
He won’t give you a goal or two like Howe but Howe won’t lock down on Andrews as well either.

Geez not many kids coming through and no first round pick available, might be in for some long term pain.

Out - Sidebottom
Out - Markov

In - Harrison
In - Noble

I called for Sidebottom head last week and got the ohh he played ok round 0.

He has been awful and slow, club legend unfortunately that's not how players should be selected.

Last edited:
If we want to negate Andrews, I’d play Frampton on him. One in one he did ok tonight.
He won’t give you a goal or two like Howe but Howe won’t lock down on Andrews as well either.
Frampton was too good down back to move!

IN: J.Noble, Macrae (starting 22)
OUT: O.Markov, T.Mitchell (sub)

I think this is all it will be. Let's be honest, there is no one in the VFL that is banging the door down at this point. Perhaps a couple of strong games from Ed Allan, Sullivan or Harrison and we could see them coming in. But this is all it will be this week.

The change that needs to be made is DeGoey out of the midfield and move him up forward. Agree with the sentiment around Sidebottom's last 2 weeks, but it would take another few howlers for me to consider dropping him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opportunity for those playing VFL tomorrow to stake a claim. Prior to that, not expecting there will be many changes. WHE will likely return. Sidey’s game makes him vulnerable. Likely he or Markov who’ll make way.

How many more losses will it take until these coaches start to have honest conversation with certain senior players..

Only senior player Ive seen them drop since fly came in was WHE, and thats when we were winning. Now we're losing? Lets see how brutal they can be

How many more losses will it take until these coaches start to have honest conversation with certain senior players..

Only senior player Ive seen them drop since fly came in was WHE, and thats when we were winning. Now we're losing? Lets see how brutal they can be
You can't make decisions based on anger or emotion. The season is still very much alive. Who would replace the players you want to drop as a form of punishment? Would they make us better? I want to win. If we are one win after round ten then we can start blooding young kids for the future.

I wasn't excited about Mitchell coming in this week, and I am equally as unexcited about WHE coming back.

The toys aren't out of the pram, but the club has all the signs of a one and done team. Not only will we probably not play finals, we look like we could be bottom six. I want to see changes with an eye for future development.

Veterans should not be given opportunities especially in positions we're not short in depth for. We have too many small forwards and the delivery is terrible. "Manage" Sidebottom and get Hill up to the wing. He's being wasted as a deep forward. Cox has been deplorable 2 weeks out of 3 but nobody can come in for him. Howe was our weakest link in defence last year and a full pre-season hasn't rescued him. He's done. See if he can rescue our forward line as a third tall, or unfortunately it's curtains for him. I don't really rate Dean yet but I don't see what we gain from keeping him out for Howe who is now too slow and not a good enough user. If our key forward depth wasn't so putrid, I'd be interested in moving Mihocek into defence.

Mitchell and Pendlebury leave us too slow in the guts. Is Mitchell's few clearances a game worth his abysmal kicking and lack of drive going forward? It's a no for me. It sucks, but his form pre-finals wasn't very good and he's carried that form into this year.

OUT: Mitchell, Sidebottom, Markov
IN: Sullivan (pending VFL), Dean, Noble

B: Brayden Maynard - Billy Frampton - Charlie Dean
HB: Jack Crisp - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos - Nick Daicos - Bobby Hill
HF: Lachie Schultz - Brody Mihocek - Patrick Lipinski
F: Jamie Elliott - Jeremy Howe - Reef McInnes
R: Darcy Cameron - Jordan De Goey - Finlay Macrae
I: Scott Pendlebury - John Noble - Mason Cox - Beau McCreery
Sub: Lachie Sullivan

WHE, noble, cox were all dropped last year

Edit; ginni as well

You can't make decisions based on anger or emotion. The season is still very much alive. Who would replace the players you want to drop as a form of punishment? Would they make us better? I want to win. If we are one win after round ten then we can start blooding young kids for the future.
Noble in
Fin to play a full game for starters.

Mitchell can take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back