Game Day Round 3: West Coast v Geelong (let’s christen our new stadium with a win)

Remove this Banner Ad

You also missed my point. My original post was responding to a wish by some on here to get rid of the so called excess of tall forwards.
I offered an example and our friend jumped in and attacked the point in isolation.
My example was that because Jakovich and McIntosh didn't end up super star forwards should we have traded them or do what we did and turn them into AA defenders. So I guess you jumped in not realizing the start of the conversation.
And yes I played 13 years as a forward in regional football and I knew how to get the ball and kick the odd goal.
Boy! I sure miss that.
No I didn't miss anything. Not trying to be a smart arse, but as I said, I had to jump in on the point that McIntosh struggled with consistency as a forward. I was simply making the point that consistency is hard to measure as a forward. Playing so many years as a forward you would be well aware of that. Anyway, game day, good luck us.

No I didn't miss anything. Not trying to be a smart arse, but as I said, I had to jump in on the point that McIntosh struggled with consistency as a forward. I was simply making the point that consistency is hard to measure as a forward. Playing so many years as a forward you would be well aware of that. Anyway, game day, good luck us.
Won’t argue further but will admit that Jackovich was probably a better example than McIntosh.
Happy we didn’t trade either. We don’t get too many father/son selections.
If my memory serves me correct that McIntosh was our first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchings to forget the tag and go head to head with Danger, show him how to really play football!

I think Hutchings is a good choice because his preseason form warranted midfield time. I'd like to see him have a real crack and also hurt the other way, not be too Ablett centric. Expecting Yeo to line up on Danger as he has the same explosiveness and could probably run him down or at least effect any clean disposals.

If Shuey is tagged that's fine, the other rotations need to step up, our rucks are massively important here in so many ways! At the stoppage they'll provide some big body damage, around the ground they must hold their marks against undersized opponents and up forward they need to have an impact as well. Very important and not impossible from Lycett and Naitanui.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 3: West Coast v Geelong (let’s christen our new stadium with a win)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back