Preview Round 4, 2023: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG 3:20pm Easter Monday 10th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unfortunate that Chads body is letting him down as he can be the X factor that we need. For me when he is ready to go he plays as the sub, a qtr and a bit is maybe all when we can expect out of him now.
The problem is that this isn't the 1980/1990s anymore where you can carry unfit yet talented players with X factor ala Derek Kicket.

I don't see any other clubs carrying players like Chad through matches in the current AFL, even as a sub. Just stuffs up rotations, defensive running, etc.

Also given the intensity of AFL these days even if he plays just a half of footy he will probably break down again

Semantics really on both sides of the argument. I dont really care whether he trained fully or partially on the Thursday night

Fact is Chad couldn’t even get through the first friggin game of the season without doing a soft tissue injury - yet again - even after sitting out one of the practise matches as a “precaution”

I love the guy when he is on fire but unfortunately Chads body hasn’t been fit to play regular AFL football for a long time. Absolute bust of a trade. A straight swap of Burton for Chad is a win for PA let alone the additional first and second rounders …

While I do agree the trade was a bust, and without digressing too much from the main discussion of this thread, there was more to the Burton trade from our end than people know. Not that it matters too much now anyway.

The problem is that this isn't the 1980/1990s anymore where you can carry unfit yet talented players with X factor ala Derek Kicket.

I don't see any other clubs carrying players like Chad through matches in the current AFL, even as a sub. Just stuffs up rotations, defensive running, etc.

Also given the intensity of AFL these days even if he plays just a half of footy he will probably break down again
Reducing his work load might be the only option going forward. Big risk if he plays 4 qtrs, we reduce the risk by playing him as sub and hope for better impact in reduced playing time. Don't really know what the answer is as no matter how we play him its a big risk either way.

He's a little preoccupied atm, but apparently his calendar opens up from around Sunday onwards.
Lazy bastard, just spends the long weekend hanging around...

(No offense intended to fans of jebus)

Finn, shut down Stewart

Meek, don't be so Meek

Butler as sub to smash someone in 2nd half with a fierce tackle

Old Man Breust to fire with a couple goals

Day on fire

Newc to chicken wing and face plant the next wannabe thug

Things I would like to see...

Love it Davo, but do they have the next wannabe thug? Hawkins will try, but he's more likely to try his thuggery on Cam Mackenzie. He seems to only pick on the young kids.

Finn, shut down Stewart

Meek, don't be so Meek

Day on fire

Porkins to have the shot after the siren to win it, but kicks it out on the full.

Finn, shut down Stewart

Meek, don't be so Meek

Day on fire

Gotta say I have been pretty disappointed by Meek's output so far this season. With everything that had been said about him off season (particularly Freo supporters) I was expecting to see an aggressive hard at it tap ruckman who doubled up as another midfielder. In essence a Marc Pittonett 2.0.

As someone who was dead set against trading out Pittonett yet retaining Ceglar, I thought (and still do) that maybe we get a slight upgrade on a Pittonett type ruckman. So far,this is nowhere near the case and underwhelming is the only word I can use to describe Meek ATM.

Hope he starts to show a bit more in the coming week, really needs to bring against Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say I have been pretty disappointed by Meek's output so far this season. With everything that had been said about him off season (particularly Freo supporters) I was expecting to see an aggressive hard at it tap ruckman who doubled up as another midfielder. In essence a Marc Pittonett 2.0.

As someone who was dead set against trading out Pittonett yet retaining Ceglar, I thought (and still do) that maybe we get a slight upgrade on a Pittonett type ruckman. So far,this is nowhere near the case and underwhelming is the only word I can use to describe Meek ATM.

Hope he starts to show a bit more in the coming week, really needs to bring against Geelong
His hands are slightly bigger.

Interesting to see one punter write the following on the Cats board in relation to the game this weekend:

My Insider reports :
Everyone is below required fitness .. duh!
Many injury setbacks during preseason
Tommy is battling injury and Father time
A combination he may not overcome.
Other stars are also carrying injuries
Some are also possibly cooked.
Jezza is nursing ribs and playing sore
Realization that stars must shine to win
Bottom 6 players fall off to Average at Best.
Reverting back into old Go Slow bad habits
Young hopefuls not progressing as hoped.
Not simply a premiership hangover.
Don't expect a quick bounce back.

One thing to remember with our Rucks is that not one of them has played more than 20 games! (Reeves 20, Meek 18, Lynch 7)

Just like our midfield, they need to grow as well.

Interesting to see one punter write the following on the Cats board in relation to the game this weekend:

My Insider reports :

Cant Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

My Insider reports :
For insider reports, they haven't really given much insight that anyone outside wouldn't see haha

My Insider reports :
tank GIF

One thing to remember with our Rucks is that not one of them has played more than 20 games! (Reeves 20, Meek 18, Lynch 7)

Just like our midfield, they need to grow as well.
Thank you!

Quoted for reiteration.

Do we have any news on how the member replacement game stuff is working this year? The match day hub on the hawks site hasn't got our match up yet for the cats and I'm wondering wtf the process is this year (ticket stuff but $0 online or just scan in with usual membership on the day and head to a GA/hawks designated area?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back