Round 4 Blues v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wellman is a certainty to return, Cupido is a good chance. Alvey, Laycock, Bradley, Watson all likely to be considered for senior recall as well after impressive performances in the VFL and Watson returning from injury.

Whoever kicks the most goals out of Lloyd and Fevola will probably decide the match.

See you at the footy!

Carlton by 1 point!

Stevens to tear the bomber midfield apart like never b4!

Nick Stevens is such a gun, i have been praying for player like him to come to carlton for ever and a day!

ODN, my thoughts have been expressed everywhere else, so why not here too.

Carlton by 40 points. Why?

We have a superior midfield. Stevens, Campo, Scotland, Johnson are starting to gel. Add Harford, Clarke, Lappin, Houlahan, and Kenna and I'm very confident will win enough ball to hurt Essendon big time.
We have the players to stop Hird & Lloyd who are the barometers of Essendon.
We get Norman back (hopefully) to pick up resting ruckman.(Hille/Allan). Big BONUS.
Our two forwards in Whitnall & Fevola love playing against Essendon, therefore, with the increased more potent forward structure of Morrell, DeLuca, Whits and Fevs, Essendon will struggle to contain.

Go Blues........things are starting to fall in place, lets just hope French is competitive.

Surrey,

You say our midfield is superior, but have you taken a real, thorough look through the midfield of the bombers.

They may not have the leg speed, but they do have plenty of ball winners and skillful players

Originally posted by Bluemike
Surrey,

You say our midfield is superior, but have you taken a real, thorough look through the midfield of the bombers.

They may not have the leg speed, but they do have plenty of ball winners and skillful players

We had some skilful players last year and not much leg speed... look where it got us.

Originally posted by Jimmae
We had some skilful players last year and not much leg speed... look where it got us.

Last year we had about 3 ballwinners, Essendon have around
1. Hird
2. Peverill
3. Ramanauskas
4. Solomon
5. Rioli
6. Mercuri/Misiti (in time on)
7. Murphy
8. Allan/Hille

IMO we can really stretch them up forward with Deluca @ 202cm causing major problems - Fletcher to take Fevola.....who knows if Wellmen will be fit to take WHitnall, then theres Morrell.........who will have the speed to go with Kenna..................we just need to get more inside 50's than the dons and our forward line should be strong enough to kick a winning score

Originally posted by Bluemike
Last year we had about 3 ballwinners, Essendon have around
1. Hird
2. Peverill
3. Ramanauskas
4. Solomon
5. Rioli
6. Mercuri/Misiti (in time on)
7. Murphy
8. Allan/Hille

IMO we can really stretch them up forward with Deluca @ 202cm causing major problems - Fletcher to take Fevola.....who knows if Wellmen will be fit to take WHitnall, then theres Morrell.........who will have the speed to go with Kenna..................we just need to get more inside 50's than the dons and our forward line should be strong enough to kick a winning score

You are kidding right?

Apart from Hird and Rama, who else is a natural midfielder from that lot?

I admit, the Allan and Hille ruck combination will worry us, but we should win more than our share of ball to offset this.

Originally posted by SurreyBlue
You are kidding right?

Apart from Hird and Rama, who else is a natural midfielder from that lot?

I admit, the Allan and Hille ruck combination will worry us, but we should win more than our share of ball to offset this.

Well Pevrill is clearly a natural midfielder... but what ever... Hird isnt or at least wasnt a natural Midfielder.. used to play as CHB and CHF as well as along the Half forward flank...

Meh

Originally posted by bLuEMoOsE
Well Pevrill is clearly a natural midfielder... but what ever... Hird isnt or at least wasnt a natural Midfielder.. used to play as CHB and CHF as well as along the Half forward flank...

Meh

And this is the point I keep coming back to.

As good as the bomber's midfield was and can be... they're not natural running players for the most part so there will be an issue this year and in years to come if they continue to use these players... much like how we had to put Hickmont deeper in the forward line the last couple of years because his back was getting the better of him.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a thing that needs to be done is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Bumbers first gamer Scott McLaren will be the hardest match up.

I hope the Bluebaggers can get over the line, but I'm unsure. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 Blues v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back