Game Day Round 4 - North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question - did Rich not play an inside role today? I heard him being on "hands n knees" only in Q4. It would be very disappointing if we opted to play him as release kick player again, considering his problems with breaking a tag.

I turned it off.
Honestly we are better than that surely.:(
I am always the optimist but you know what, I am almost at the stage when I do not understand how a team with so much potential can turn in a performance like that.
Was plain embarressing.
Something has to change bigtime this week, or the season is over right now.
Melbourne will beat us next week after this effort.
So dissappointed in the effort.:thumbsdown:

I think the whole side has fallen off tackles all match. Papa has been good on debut. Docherty has also been pretty decent. Mayes has been quiet though. We have played some very dumb footy today. Maloney has nothing between the ears.

Maloney just gets the ball and boots it. Turnover king that needs to go the short option, you know to someone who can actually use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say I was very impressed with the play of Mayes. I know it's early but I think the Lions have found a good player. He looked really composed and made a lot of good decisions with the ball in hand.
He and Paparone were both impressive. Docherty as well in his debut.

drop him for lisle

martin, someone said something about maloney having nothing bewteen the ears I think martin is the same, totally agree lilse deserves his chance.
Did harwood play most them game on L thomas...? if so another dumb match up from the coaching group.
Im a huge harwood fan, BUT man he was ordinary tonight.

Would like to get a stat on giving away DUMB free kicks because I think the lions would be leading it.
Bring on the demons next week.......

There were some positives.... Clearances greatly improved. Papa, doc, mayes all looking good long term projects. And zorko, redden and rockcliff all starting to get a bit of touch

I have to say I was very impressed with the play of Mayes. I know it's early but I think the Lions have found a good player. He looked really composed and made a lot of good decisions with the ball in hand.

yep looks the goods

Remember that we have a Vent Thread folks. It's understandable to be frustrated - who isn't - but let's keep it in the relevant thread please.
Problem is when you get your arse kicked an honest appraisal comes across like vent.

N
It is his quad and he did it during the week. Was taped at training. I felt certain he wouldn't play and clearly shouldn't have.

Looked an awful lot like his knee to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back