Round 4 Team (Carlton) - In: Lonergan, Hooker, Dell'Olio; Out: Riemers, Dyson, Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really care to go into this type argument again, but if Carlton were to inject Crameri at the expense of one of our forwards, who would it be?

It wouldn't be Waite nor the alternating ruck-men.
We have a great synergy happening with Betts and Garlett that offer us something that other teams haven't got.

Crameri is a medium sized forward as is Walker.
They play a different brand of football as say Natanui and Sandilands do, but they're still there to do a similar type job albeit in a different type of way.

That's all.

There are plenty of players you would replace with Crameri from your side. You don't think that there is a settled front six do you? All players rotate through the bench and number across different positions on the ground.

Resting ruck needs time on the bench after a run on the ball, Walker can move up to a wing at different periods and Gibbs can rotate between half back, half forward and on the ball. Waite and two small forwards can spend all their on ground time up forward.

Waite, resting/ruck can play in the KPF roles.
Crameri and Walker can combine to offer all the parts of a KPF but also add plenty of run to the forward line.
Betts and Garlett can add the sizzle they do.

Then you can rotate Murphy, Gibbs and Judd through there to give them more time on the ground while reducing their kms covered.

Anyhow, Crameri aint going anywhere!

Anyhow, Crameri aint going anywhere!

All fair points and I'd hope for Crameri not to be going anywhere.

Just can't seem to get excited for poaching others' stars after all the work and opportunity was put into them by their original club.

Good luck to Crameri and to Essendon for having the foresight to select him.

Crameri coming like he has was pretty much luck for the club. Came down and worked his butt off at Bendigo, despite not playing juniors to a high level. Then selected on the rookie list as a mid. Then tried up forward in preseason cup. Surprised EVERYONE with his form in that preseason last year and the rest is history.

He is a life long supporter and apparently his mum is/was a regular poster on bomberblitz!!

I'd rather have Cram than Walks. Very happy with Stew.

Hoping Demsey is right to play - know he's named, but no repeat of the corresponding fixture last year, or any other injuries for that matter.

Worried about the spread - we appear to let opposition teams have a bit too much latitude on the counter-attack. Carlton are good at exploiting this, as we have witnessed first-hand on the previous two occasions.

Hoping that we get a nice old-fashioned tight contest. Both sides are heading up the ladder, and would love to see the big 4 go hard at each other and dominate the competition.

Wet weather could help the bombers tomorrow; I would welcome rain.

If our team isn't INSULTED by the respect they are getting going into this game and don't come out hard to prove a point then I will concede that Carlton is the real deal.

As it is the set up is almost perfect for us. In the back of their minds the Carlton guys might be thinking they just need to turn up to notch the win.

Just to finish up.
I know what you're saying and I agree with you re. player vs. player but my angle was more about role vs role. Both are there primarily to kick goals.
Would love Crameri and most may well find a home for him in Carltons forward line, but as it is for now at least, if it ain't broke, it ain't broke.

Ratten doesn't want players locked into any particular position and that's where things will get thrown around the place for Carlton.
Bower and Jamison played forward at times last week as odd as that may be, yet this will become all the more expected as the season wears on.

Some will think that Walker spent all of last year forward when that was not the case.
At least 25% of his time on the ground was spent through the mid-field and that is set to be ramped up this year.

I guess I may engaged into pitting player vs player as much as anyone else here, but when it's all weighed up, it is about the team and about the cohesion within it.
I'm not disagreeing, but I think your drafting over the last few years has been pretty targetted at one type of player, don't you?
What's there may be working now, but - in the prelim last year (again it was down to the smalls) - was not entirely convincing.

If our team isn't INSULTED by the respect they are getting going into this game and don't come out hard to prove a point then I will concede that Carlton is the real deal.

As it is the set up is almost perfect for us. In the back of their minds the Carlton guys might be thinking they just need to turn up to notch the win.

Sounds like us against the GCS......

We have our balance and why would we want Crameri and at whose expense?
We have our two smalls, have our two talls and then ideally Walker when he gets back from injury and Gibbs for his class, goal-kicking and flexibility.
Who would we axe?

Who would you axe for Hurley, Harks?????

Just can't seem to get excited for poaching others' stars after all the work and opportunity was put into them by their original club.

You are unique among Carlton fans. Admirable sentiment nonetheless.

Supporters might think that but the players and coach definitely don't

Ratten and the players would not be treating this game lightly at all

Its just us supporters like to have so much confidence in our teams people can often get carried away with their predictions and rush to the defense of their players - its always going to be like that - that's football.

I for one think it will be a pretty damn good match. No matter how well we are going I can never rule out Essendon against us - unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone.

Can't understand some wanting to put Hurley down.
I'm sorry for them that they can't see just how good a player he will be for your club and well beyond just his on-field performances.

Thanks Harks, was so glad he commited to us for 5 years

I think Waite is doing well for you guys too, if he stays injury and suspension free, your team will go further this season for sure

All fair points and I'd hope for Crameri not to be going anywhere.

Good luck to Crameri and to Essendon for having the foresight to select him.

LOL

You may be that rare-breed of good Carlton fan, and good on you, but I actually spat out my food when I read this comment from a Carlton fan.

Ins and outs since last time

Essendon INS: Dempsey, Hibbered, Bellchambers, Crameri, Hooker, Lonergan and DELL’OLIO
Essendon OUTS: Lovett-Murray, Myers, Hille, Carlisle, Reimers, Colyer, McVeigh

Carlton INS: Kreuzer, Curnow, Mclean, Bower, Tuohy, Waite, Lucas, Hampson
Carlton OUTS: Thornton, Walker, Warnock, O’hAlilpin, Armfield, Ellard, Joseph and Davies

Key Facts:
Warnock had 38 hitouts
Essendon have lost 6 goals of 13 goals from last time
Carlton had 43 scoring shots to our 22.

I don't know why but I'm really pumped for this game now, I really feel as though we might get close.

Logic suggests otherwise but I'm feeling good!

Yeah, I'm excited, but then I felt good going into the EF as well.

I'm tipping us, though. It might be throwing away a tip (might?) but to hell with it.

I've developed that feeling today based on no logic at all.

I've tried to suppress it though; realistically we should lose tomorrow.

Everything points to us losing by 40+...

I'm going to put it down to my dumb ignorance but CARN DONS:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Umm hey guys. Just curious whether Dempsey could be a late withdrawal or get a vest this week? Whats the likelyhood? :)

I'm also jumping aboard the blind faith wagon.

Pleasure to have you on board, please take your complimentary blindfold and Footy Record courtesy of VISY corporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back