Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

He's done his JS no harm with his performance last week. Seems to be ahead of Buzza and is a good back up ruck to whoever we choose. If he keeps it up, could be that second foil we've been looking for, for Hawkins. I'd say he's pretty safe and a good option for the meantime. Can't see anyone ahead of him :)
He was impressive live. Like a junior nicnat!

Hogan is playing midfield minutes, which is what appeals to me and I believe he has the potential to be the #1 scoring forward which is why he intrigues me.. I dont like Ratugolea, Higgens is probably the only fwd rookie that i dont have that is worth considering.

I agree re Wallis, i might have to change tactic and Hogan can wait another week.
Yeah it makes me like Hogan more than Petracca, and if he kicks a few goals he can go 120+. He also has a breakeven of 45 which is why I'm going Billings>Hogan this week and if he doesn't hold a spot in my team hopefully his price rise coincides with Buddy's price fall so I can upgrade.

Have had Billings > Franklin and Brayshaw > Jacobs since lockout, but looking at Billings to Walters as it fits in with my strategy of playing the breakevens and increasing my profit margin quicker. Buddy has a 107 BE and is coming up against the Dogs, so should hit that but not move too much, but Walters only has a 66 BE and looks like he should score the same as Buddy or thereabouts, and increase in price. I want both in eventually, so which do you guys think is the better option? I'm leaning towards Walters due to the aforementioned, and because he looks like he should be cleared to play with his hand. On the flip side, Walters has a harder matchup against GWS and Buddy has been so consistent and could go big against a depleted Dogs defence. Who should I go with and reasons why?

Last edited:
A few people moving on Zerrett and Billings this week (myself included at this stage).

Is it worth,
1. Culling the under performing premo's
or
2. Fixing rooks for better cash generation i.e Ryan, Brayshaw etc.

I think at the start of the season, especially over the first few weeks, we fix up bad under performing premo selections. They will ultimatley be the ones that are giving you decent score. Over the first few rounds, you rookies dont have enough time to mature. Once their B/E starts matching what their avg is, or at least comes close then cull the rooks.

This is all based on having luxury trades. If you dont have any injuries or suspensions. The other option is to ride out 1 premo, trade down a rook to one with more potential for cash generation, and upgrade the other underperforming premo.

I'm either going to move on Merrett and Stephenson, or Merrett and Billings. Not sure which one, will more than likely come down to whether or not Stephenson is omitted.

Struggling to decide who to cull out of Parker, Merrett and Billings. Can anyone provide some logic?

A few people moving on Zerrett and Billings this week (myself included at this stage).

Is it worth,
1. Culling the under performing premo's
or
2. Fixing rooks for better cash generation i.e Ryan, Brayshaw etc.

I'm hoping it's option 2 because that's my plan!
But I can see the logic of either.

Struggling to decide who to cull out of Parker, Merrett and Billings. Can anyone provide some logic?

I have Merrett and Billings and plan to keep both, but if you want to move 1-2 then surely they would come before Parker. I guess he is the most value so you can get a good trade for him, but he is just off 127 and 97. Priced under 100ppg to start season and is averaging 98, and is likely to improve so why not keep him?

I have Merrett and Billings and plan to keep both, but if you want to move 1-2 then surely they would come before Parker. I guess he is the most value so you can get a good trade for him, but he is just off 127 and 97. Priced under 100ppg to start season and is averaging 98, and is likely to improve so why not keep him?
I think Parker is just a pet peeve of mine after last season, and seeing him spend so much time on the bench / foward line last week worries me. I'll probably end up keeping them all tbh

I think Parker is just a pet peeve of mine after last season, and seeing him spend so much time on the bench / foward line last week worries me. I'll probably end up keeping them all tbh

Haha Monday/Tuesday angst versus Thursday/Friday hard-headed reality!

I have the same peeve hence I didn't get him despite the hype. Objective seemed/seems like a good pick but I have trust issues :drunk:

Had a tough match up but was on 46 or something at half time so don't think it's all doom and gloom with him. Billings is a worry though with his upcoming fixtures and the way the Saints are playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liking the look of Hunter. Seems to be back to his output of 2016 and if the dogs can start to get going that should see him continue.
At this stage moving on Billings to Hunter then probably dump Ryan for Ratugolea

Struggling with my priority this week.

I have Merrett, Beams, Billings ... do I

a) trade one of the three (which one?)
or
b) turnover a couple of rookies and chase BEs.

Merrett has dropped so much and I see his low TOG as a positive, as it allows plenty of scope for improvement, but he’s the obvious candidate to go. Problem is there isn’t much to sideways trade to - best option looks to bring in a MID/FWD alike Gray Walters etc. Beams needs to perform to avoid a drop in price, and was purchased as a long hold, so thinking I should probably ride that out. Billings had a poor second half last week but wasn’t bad to half time so not too caught up in the trade hype just yet.

Thinking of just holding and chasing some more cash (option B). Not much in the kitty at the moment and plenty of price drops up ahead.
I'd probably dump Merrett and Billings, wouldn't let go of Beams. Or at the very least dump Merrett and use your other trade on a rookie swap?

Is it crazy to think about replacing Billings (who was my F3 with Smith/Heeney) with Tim English (who was my bench ruck) and bring in Darcy Cameron (pending on whether he gets a game now Sam Reid's been injured)?

Upside is, now I have $770k to spare.

Does this sound ridiculous?

I'm struggling with my trades this week. For me, Fritsch to Ratugolea is a done deal as it nets me some cash and Ratugolea has a low breakeven compared with Fritsch's who is also coming up against some stiff opposition this week.

My second trade is a luxury trade essentially. It has to be one out of Treloar or Billings who goes. At this stage I am thinking Billings to Curnow/Robinson as I like their upcoming fixtures and scoring potentials. Plus it'll net me about 80k.

The alternative is I trade Treloar to Danger which will leave me with 10k after all is said and done. Danger will be a top 8 mid and has a fair few games at Skilled coming up. Would almost always go this path but it leaves me with very little cash and I want to pick up Whitfield when DPP hits.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated

Is it crazy to think about replacing Billings (who was my F3 with Smith/Heeney) with Tim English (who was my bench ruck) and bring in Darcy Cameron (pending on whether he gets a game now Sam Reid's been injured)?

If Frampton gets named for Port, I like it. Otherwise, you don't want to have two bench rucks who aren't playing and aren't generating cash. Reid is always injured, isn't generally a factor in whether they'll play Cameron or not.

I like it, he should score well against a depleted Sydney ruck too

EDIT: Doing this has allowed me to go Billings > Frampton (If named, with English replacing Billings on field), Brayshaw/Barry > Coniglio

Last edited:
Who would you guys get? Any others you would recommend? (already have Heeney, Petrecca and Billings)

Attachments

• forward choice.PNG
    forward choice.PNG
    264.7 KB · Views: 6
I'm struggling with my trades this week. For me, Fritsch to Ratugolea is a done deal as it nets me some cash and Ratugolea has a low breakeven compared with Fritsch's who is also coming up against some stiff opposition this week.

My second trade is a luxury trade essentially. It has to be one out of Treloar or Billings who goes. At this stage I am thinking Billings to Curnow/Robinson as I like their upcoming fixtures and scoring potentials. Plus it'll net me about 80k.

The alternative is I trade Treloar to Danger which will leave me with 10k after all is said and done. Danger will be a top 8 mid and has a fair few games at Skilled coming up. Would almost always go this path but it leaves me with very little cash and I want to pick up Whitfield when DPP hits.

You could go Treloar to Duncan now that Ablett is out for at least 4 weeks, then upgrade later on if you want Danger/upgrade someone else who isn't performing to Danger. I agree though, you probably want to keep some cash so that you're in a better position when DPP comes. I'm looking at having about 350K or so, so that I can just go Duncan/Danger the minute DPP drops and push Whitfield back while getting rid of Zuthrie and Barry/Fritsch. I'm not overly sure about Robinson and Curnow's role is pretty good, but could have some bad weeks. Hogan might be a better choice in the long run, or even going up a bit further and getting a Walters, McLean or a Robbie Gray

If you have a chance to get Dangerfield you take it.

Who would you guys get? Any others you would recommend? (already have Heeney, Petrecca and Billings)

I started McLean and Smith, got Walters last week.

If I had none of them I would go:

McLean - most 'premium' of the bunch
Walters - consistency is improved, good role and lots of games in Perth
Smith - consistent and slightly cheaper
Greene once back and firing - problems with injury, suspension, more expensive

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back