Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Just traded J Tippett -> Smith for my first trade of the year. That is all I will do this round.

Rawlings?

I second this. Rawlings has the potential to be top 5 backs.

So do people think we should keep Bruce or trade him? Maybe for someone like Rawlings?
Seriously considering the same.

Rawlings last year - 10 tons, 1 x 90, 6 x 80...very consistent and durable but my only concern is whether it's worth a trade or not. Assuming we will see some kind of improvement from Bruce I dont think it's out of the question for him to still average 75-85.

Am I nuts? Ok yes but is this a stupid thought?

This week
N Riewoldt for Goodes

Next week
Goodes for Riewold AND/OR Sylvia to Rioli

Week after that
revert back to same team OR use 2 trades to downgrade and upgrade a forward to the premium I traded out in week 2.

Seems a lot of trades to use, doesn't cover for injuries yet gains me approx 150 points in 3 weeks - based on premium score 50+ Vs a rookie forward.

My forwards are
Dawes N Riewoldt, Franklin Sylvia Mcglynn Tapscott Prestia Matera Darling & C Richardson.

I have 22 trades left and a decent amount of cash spare, also I am not taking a 0 anywhere but with the temptation for the extra points......

this would have been a possible tactic from the start... if u started with goodes u could trade to roo at rd5 and u wouldnt have to trade back.

I ****ing hate D.Jolly. Just wanted to say that because he is getting on my last nerve and I am seriously considering flogging him off.

same, my faith in him is costing me alot of dt points...

considering Jolly -> Gorringe.

can wait til next week to see how gorringe goes this week and if named next week.

already have Cox, Petrie, Smith

OK guys, would love some advice here.
Before someone says it, i obviously wont make any trades untill final teams tomorrow!

I was relying on Irons playing this weekend to avoid a Zero, but hes been dropped :mad: Connors has been driving me insane but i was happy to hold onto him, but his sore leg this week just might push me over the edge!

Trying not to 'waste' trades id liek to try and bring in a keeper, preferebly from one of the teams who have had a bye.
I have 277,900 in the kitty, So here goes:

Option One:
Trade Irons for Heppel, Heppel might end up a keeper back and will be DPPed back there later in the year. Allowing me to swap Connors to Rawlings, who as had a bye and could be a top 5 back.

Option two:
Trade Connors for Adcock, and sit him on the bench and bring either Stanley or Duigan on field, leaving me to trade Irons to any mid under $424,100, was thinking S Thompson as hes had a bye?

Option three:
Sit Connors on the bench for Stanley or Duigan, then trade Irons for anyone under 386,400. An awkward amount of cash to have as no real premiums available for this, tempted by Daniel Jackson, or just forget trying to get a keeper and bring in Heppel and keep the cash for later!

Thanks for you help!

EDIT: Could also bring in Prestia for Irons, from a simple cash cow point of view, however ive got all the other big cows so dont desperately need him for that. Thanks

Just for everyone with Hibberd twiddling their thumbs wondering what to do, myself included, he's been named on an extended bench for Bendigo this week, so fingers crossed he gets a run.

In round 5 I have Goodes, Green, Tapscott & Darling on my forward line missing with the bye. So I need to do something.
Tempted to trade Green but giving him a chance to shine against Gold Coast this week.

So my idea is to drop Conca for Prestia this week in my mids, then use the DPP to bench Goodes and play Prestia in the forward line next week. C.Richardson, B.Matera & N.Riewoldt come off the bench to play.

If Green doesn't perform, I will hit that trade button so hard for Chappy (after his bye of course).

Want to hold on to Darling and Tapscott until they peak.

Do I trade Bruce to Gram and Didak to Rioli this week before Bruce/Didak price plummets and Gram/Rioli rises?

I am really only interested in league wins, and acknowledge my mistake in selecting Didak with his rounds 7 and 13 byes before Rioli even has one but not too late to rectify?

Cheers. He's still sitting there so lonely.

Sundays teams get announced tomorrow 5pm (EST) yes?
I was gonna do Boak to Watson and undecided whom i'm trading for Prestia. If it's too slow or if I forget to log on or if Prestia doesn't play, I guess I won't do it.

In the end it may be the right thing to do as I am always wasting trades, but ah well. I reckon Watson is going to do well (as he is at the moment).

On Krakouer, I don't think he'll be the sub tomorrow night as I think he'll feel he's got something to prove against his former club and therefore be desperate to play. I know it's not his decision but surely Malthouse will at least give him 3 quarters to prove something.

Richmond actually don't concede anywhere near as many dream team points as popular thought would have you believe however small forwards always tend to dominate against us and I have a feeling this will be no exception.

Rioli has a bye in round 6 :confused:

That bye won't matter if you're playing for a league win though as there are no league matches during round 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have gone -
Bruce -> Rawlings

Pretty unique, in only 4% of teams so hoping I can make up some ground after the Bruce debacle. Pretty decent run with games against freo, rich, port, gee, mel, bris. syd, ade, gc, ess, port coming up. Too many question marks over Bruce for mine so i'll cut him loose and keep my fingers crossed.

On Krakouer, I don't think he'll be the sub tomorrow night as I think he'll feel he's got something to prove against his former club and therefore be desperate to play. I know it's not his decision but surely Malthouse will at least give him 3 quarters to prove something.

Richmond actually don't concede anywhere near as many dream team points as popular thought would have you believe however small forwards always tend to dominate against us and I have a feeling this will be no exception.

So who do you think will be the sub for this game for the magpies??

Toovey was last week, so i reckon they will be desperate to not sub him again.

L.Davis also played bugger all last week, so surely expect more time from him. Surely wont start sub but may be the player that goes off.

I would like to know who else could possibly be the sub for the pies.

FWIW i believe Krakouer will start play more as a midfielder for 2.5 quarters than sub off.

Option three:
Sit Connors on the bench for Stanley or Duigan, then trade Irons for anyone under 386,400. An awkward amount of cash to have as no real premiums available for this, tempted by Daniel Jackson, or just forget trying to get a keeper and bring in Heppel and keep the cash for later!

Liam Anthony, problem solved :)

Just for everyone with Hibberd twiddling their thumbs wondering what to do, myself included, he's been named on an extended bench for Bendigo this week, so fingers crossed he gets a run.

Good to hear :thumbsu: Once I dump Smith this week he'll be my only rookie not getting a game, I can deal with holding him if it keeps my DP with Heppell going.

Traded Hibberd up to Curnow from the leftovers of Foley -> Libba last week. Ummed and ahhed but decided that i couln't risk not having Curnow if he turns into a Barlow like keeper, and the 70k outlay will be more than made up with his price rises before Hibberd a) gets a game and b) starts rising his price

have to get rid of hibberd today or ill cop a zero.
have 143k in the bank so can either swap him for:
gysberts got 103 last week and may continue?
savage-> make some more money
trent mackenzie-> make even more money as price hasnt raised yet
concern is i already have swallow and harris from gc in my midfield.. but im obviously plannin on trading one of them to get hibberd back as a downgrade when he decides to play? which should i do? wats the go on gysberts, tempting.

edit: i already have all the goodies like lib and curnow etc.

I would do Savage. :thumbsu:

Although I think Gysberts is going to score more this week given the opposition, but he would also cost more and has a higher future break even, whereas Savage is still in the negatives for a few weeks yet.

I wouldn't go near Gysberts after what he pulled on everyone (me) last year..

103, 79, 29, and then that was it.....

Started the same with 103 this time round too!

Don't let me deter you or anything but if he gets 79 this week then gtfo

Used two trades last week, and I think I may need to use two this week. I'm ranked 4k and going for a good overall this year. With the 4 extra trades I'm not as fussed in using a few extra early trades to get my squad right as we hit major byes.

Two players letting me down are Montagna and Broughton. They have byes in the next few weeks and are underperforming. My options are

Out Montagna In Watson
Out Broughton In Deledio

OR

Out Montagna In Scott Thompson
Out Broughton In Enright

Or do i stick it out with my two underperforming premiums...?

Used two trades last week, and I think I may need to use two this week. I'm ranked 4k and going for a good overall this year. With the 4 extra trades I'm not as fussed in using a few extra early trades to get my squad right as we hit major byes.

Two players letting me down are Montagna and Broughton. They have byes in the next few weeks and are underperforming. My options are

Out Montagna In Watson
Out Broughton In Deledio

OR

Out Montagna In Scott Thompson
Out Broughton In Enright

Or do i stick it out with my two underperforming premiums...?
2 sideways trades which is not related to getting the best cash cows is not a good idea. Factor in all the trades you need to upgrade your side and leave 5-6 for LTI's. Do you still have enough left over for sideways trades of premiums?

same, my faith in him is costing me alot of dt points...

considering Jolly -> Gorringe.

can wait til next week to see how gorringe goes this week and if named next week.

already have Cox, Petrie, Smith

I'm in the same predicament as you mate. I'm considering trading Jolly to Sandi. If you trade down to Gorringe you have to use another trade in on him later for an upgrade (Sandi, Ryder). Despite 211 I reckon it's worth taking losses with Jolly and sepnd another 90 k on bringing him in. H has a B/E of 160 this wee so you could bring him in after the bye, but you would be losing points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back