Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I said trade IN Prestia (avg 80) for Matera (54.5)?

Not sure if it's just going sideways

well its bad english really, if i was to say "trade in my ford for a holden" then it would read as though you are selling the ford to buy a holden.

obviously common sense suggests you wouldn't be considering buying a holden. :eek:

Am I nuts? Ok yes but is this a stupid thought?

This week
N Riewoldt for Goodes

Next week
Goodes for Riewold AND/OR Sylvia to Rioli

Week after that
revert back to same team OR use 2 trades to downgrade and upgrade a forward to the premium I traded out in week 2.

Seems a lot of trades to use, doesn't cover for injuries yet gains me approx 150 points in 3 weeks - based on premium score 50+ Vs a rookie forward.

My forwards are
Dawes N Riewoldt, Franklin Sylvia Mcglynn Tapscott Prestia Matera Darling & C Richardson.

I have 22 trades left and a decent amount of cash spare, also I am not taking a 0 anywhere but with the temptation for the extra points......

This week
N Riewoldt for Goodes

Next week

Week after that
revert back to same team OR use 2 trades to downgrade and upgrade a forward to the premium I traded out in week 2.

Seems a lot of trades to use, doesn't cover for injuries yet gains me approx 150 points in 3 weeks - based on premium score 50+ Vs a rookie forward.

My forwards are
Dawes N Riewoldt, Franklin Sylvia Mcglynn Tapscott Prestia Matera Darling & C Richardson.

I have 22 trades left and a decent amount of cash spare, also I am not taking a 0 anywhere but with the temptation for the extra points......
Yes you are mad and yes it is a stupid thought. You will need those trades later in the year.

Has Gwilt jumped the shark or can he turn his form around? I don't know if i should get rid of him...

I have watched the saints games and Gwilt is playing full back. No cheap possies cos St Kilda not chipping back to him. They chip wide to DalSanto or Goddard or someone and have been running wings rather than going to full back in gwilt.

This week
N Riewoldt for Goodes

Next week

Week after that

My forwards are

im guessing you have a decent overall ranking? a few of my mates have suggested using a similar trade out-trade back in strategy to cover for the byes, but i think chasing the extra points this way is a risky move. for once, it involves a whole lot of trade burning that may or may not pay off. its definately not a completely stupid move though.

im interested to see what other people think about this.

It amazes me how many people have/had Gamble...what did everyone think he was going to do?

I didn't pick Gamble but I think the reason why people picked him was that with Riewoldt getting so much attention Gamble might get a bit of the ball playing on lesser defenders. He was also probably picked on the assumption that St Kilda would be one of the stronger teams and the ball would be going into their forward line a fair bit.

im guessing you have a decent overall ranking? a few of my mates have suggested using a similar trade out-trade back in strategy to cover for the byes, but i think chasing the extra points this way is a risky move. for once, it involves a whole lot of trade burning that may or may not pay off. its definately not a completely stupid move though.

It is a stupid waste of a lot of trades unless by some dumb amount of luck at the end of the year you end up with no injuries to your premiums and don't need to sub anybody out because of byes during the finals rounds.

This week
N Riewoldt for Goodes

Next week

Week after that

My forwards are

Top trading! :thumbsu: :rolleyes:

Sadly no about 9000th I blew 150+ points last week - I benched Curnow for Krakouer (thought the pies might hinder his scoring ability) and had Prestia on the Bench as well.

my team set up is fine selecting the right players for my bench is my problem. Which is why I'm trying to "catch up" on some points.

Don't think I'll do it but gee it is tempting.

Sadly no about 9000th I blew 150+ points last week - I benched Curnow for Krakouer (thought the pies might hinder his scoring ability) and had Prestia on the Bench as well.

my team set up is fine selecting the right players for my bench is my problem. Which is why I'm trying to "catch up" on some points.

Don't think I'll do it but gee it is tempting.

sure is. maybe a strategy worth revisiting later in the season if i have some excess trades left.

my plan for the next couple of weeks is to let the youngn's rise in price and then slowly upgrade. unless i cant field a side of 22 i dont think ill be trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading in and trading out Roo and Goodes is very, very risky. Perhaps if you're in contention for the car it's worthwhile. At 9000th you would need a lot of luck to win that car. I wouldn't do it, but I can see how you're tempted.

I have Fraser and Gorringe as my reserve ruckmen but i want to trade in one of them for Zac Smith as he is a guaranteed cashcow. Should i sacrifice a trade for the sake of a cashcow or save the trade for something else?

I have Fraser and Gorringe as my reserve ruckmen but i want to trade in one of them for Zac Smith as he is a guaranteed cashcow. Should i sacrifice a trade for the sake of a cashcow or save the trade for something else?

Do the trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back