Preview Round 4 vs Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are delusional. Dram was right, we are a 100 point better team than your sorry lot. I was being diplomatic.

We are easily 2 goals a quarter better than Essendon, even if you play out of your skins and we have an average game we will still beat you. Do the last 2 games against us not tell you that? The round 3 game last year was the aberration not the other 2. Even if we have 2 game ending injuries we will win by 8 goals, our list IS that much better than yours.

Your list is so lamentable that your best player is 36 years old and you constantly have to rely on him to save your sorry arses. You have 2 players on your list that would get a game in our current team, Hurly and Watson and I am not convinced Watson would get into our midfield. The rest would be playing for the Northern Blues. Paddy has played his one good game for the year and will get belted by Kruze, Hocking doesnt know what nightmares are if he thinks Gazza gave him a touch up, wait until Judd and Murph get hold of him, Hurly (one of the players you do have) will get the Hendo treatment if he goes forward, or the Waite in line if the goes back so you cant hide him anywhere and dont even get me started on our running forwards...........dream on dude......10 goals will be a close game at the G.

Take your sorry tale elsewhere.

I ****ing hate these scumbags with a passion, look at their arrogance. If they take us for granted based on our last 3 games.. I've got a feel they may be in for a surprise.

Geelong game last year rings bells.

All three would be my guess. Who would we bring in? I wouldn't bring Lonergan in, makes us too inside-oriented. Dyson is needed off HB, especially if Dempsey is injured. Davey actually kicked a goal so he's already ahead of McVeigh and Reimers loves these sorts of games.

Davey needs to stay in the side, because most of their goals are coming from the backline so we need that added forward pressure, and he was actually doing a good job chasing.

Reimers loves playing against the blues, and loves playing on the big stage. Give him another chance.

Not too sure about Dyson, but who can replace him ?

I like the way Carlton go about things and can generally tolerate losing to them when they're the better side, which at the moment we'd have to concede they are.

Their supporters just make it totally unbearable though, particularly the ones on here. It's already at "Our shit doesn't stink" levels after Round 3.

Spot on. In their eyes just hand them the premiership now. its a "we beat collingwood, its all down hill to the flag" attitude.

Ive now adopt the mentality of anyone else but carlton can win the flag and ill be a happy man.

Re: We should throw next week.

Key Match-Ups:

Chris Judd vs Jobe Watson:

I think Carrazzo will go with Watson, he's been in career best form so far. I wonder if we will have anyone run with Stanton, next to Watson your most dangerous player imo.

Hocking would have to go with Judd, he's been pretty effective on him recently.

Lachie Henderson vs Michael Hurley: Hurley has been in poor form in the first 3 weeks, other than small bursts showing what he can do for Essendon. Henderson has done well, blanketing the dangerous Vickery, Merrett and the premier Centre Half-Forward of the AFL in Travis Cloke. This match-up will be arguably the most important for the game, because Hurley is Essendon’s barometer, when he’s up, Essendon are up, when he’s down, Essendon are down

Henderson played most of rd1 on Riewoldt. Our strength in the backline is guys like Laidler, Jamison and Duigan providing a chop out for each other. I think Hurley might struggle to find a 1 on 1 with Henderson unless you can get the ball in quick.

I think we'll line up something like:

Hurley - Henderson
Ryder - Jamison / Laidler
Crameri - Duigan / Jamison

Bower might miss, I can't find a match up for him and with Walker most likely returning we need a spot.

McVeigh and Lonergan and Hooker will all return if they are fit, you would expect.

Carlisle, Reimers and Melksham/Dyson in the gun.

Hooker - Waite
Hibberd - Betts
Dempsey - Garlett
Fletcher - Hampson/Kreuzer
Hardingham - Walker
Pears - ?

McVeigh and Lonergan and Hooker will all return if they are fit, you would expect.

Carlisle, Reimers and Melksham/Dyson in the gun.

Hooker - Waite
Hibberd - Betts
Dempsey - Garlett
Fletcher - Hampson/Kreuzer
Hardingham - Walker
Pears - ?

Fletcher Im tipping will have no choice who he plays on.. Im tipping Robinson will go to him and annoy the living crap out of him again.. Its been very effective in the past and Fletcher seems very rattled when he does...

...in the other 2 games their spread got us.

I think we have learned from that and can win.

Isn't that what GC did to us lastnight? Surely if we can't stop the Suns doing it then how can we stop Carlton?

I hope I'm wrong but I'm very worried about a potential blowout next week.

I think Carrazzo will go with Watson, he's been in career best form so far. I wonder if we will have anyone run with Stanton, next to Watson your most dangerous player imo.

Hocking would have to go with Judd, he's been pretty effective on him recently.
I was thinking Carrazzo would go to Stanton, Hocking to Murphy and both teams letting Judd and Watson go head-to-head. That's what we've been doing against Swallow, Rischitelli and Casissi, tagging Boak, Ablett and Wells instead
Henderson played most of rd1 on Riewoldt. Our strength in the backline is guys like Laidler, Jamison and Duigan providing a chop out for each other. I think Hurley might struggle to find a 1 on 1 with Henderson unless you can get the ball in quick.

I think we'll line up something like:

Hurley - Henderson
Ryder - Jamison / Laidler
Crameri - Duigan / Jamison

Bower might miss, I can't find a match up for him and with Walker most likely returning we need a spot.
Cheers for that, I was thinking:

Hurley-Hendo
Ryder-Jamo
Crameri-Laidler
Jetta-Yarran
Reimers-Duigan
Davey-Scotland

Garlett-Dempsey?
Betts-Hibberd
Waite-Pears
Robinson-Fletcher
Hampson/Kruezer-Hooker
Walker-Hardingham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game next week is the kind of games we are known for winning. Big game, heavy underdogs, played bad the week before, opposition supporters as arrogant as they can be and everyone writing Essendon off.

Love it. IMO, every single Essendon supporter should head to the G to see how this pans out. If we lose, then as expected, but if we win, then watching the arrogant scums crying would be about the best feeling ever. The players seem to lift when they have the support of a huge crowd as well so make some noise bombers supporters!

These are also the type of games that the underdog wins in games between the two. Essendon are at their best when they have nothing to lose and I am expecting a huge performance from the boys to beat our traditional foes. The expectation is all on Carlton so I don't know why people are worried. I would be worried if we smashed our last 3 opponents because as we know from yesterday and the last 4 years, Essendon cannot play well with expectations.

Essendon by 4 points with Betts missing a kick after the siren!

The game next week is the kind of games we are known for winning. Big game, heavy underdogs, played bad the week before, opposition supporters as arrogant as they can be and everyone writing Essendon off.

Love it. IMO, every single Essendon supporter should head to the G to see how this pans out. If we lose, then as expected, but if we win, then watching the arrogant scums crying would be about the best feeling ever. The players seem to lift when they have the support of a huge crowd as well so make some noise bombers supporters!

These are also the type of games that the underdog wins in games between the two. Essendon are at their best when they have nothing to lose and I am expecting a huge performance from the boys to beat our traditional foes. The expectation is all on Carlton so I don't know why people are worried. I would be worried if we smashed our last 3 opponents because as we know from yesterday and the last 4 years, Essendon cannot play well with expectations.

Essendon by 4 points with Betts missing a kick after the siren!

Good summary. :thumbsu:

I heard McVeigh is going to miss a few weeks?

I was thinking Carrazzo would go to Stanton, Hocking to Murphy and both teams letting Judd and Watson go head-to-head. That's what we've been doing against Swallow, Rischitelli and Casissi, tagging Boak, Ablett and Wells instead

Hurley-Hendo
Ryder-Jamo
Crameri-Laidler
Jetta-Yarran
Reimers-Duigan
Davey-Scotland

Garlett-Dempsey?
Betts-Hibberd
Waite-Pears
Robinson-Fletcher
Hampson/Kruezer-Hooker
Walker-Hardingham

I just can't see Watson being left alone, especially at stoppages he's way too damaging.

Also with our defenders I think we will probably rotate assignments Duigan, Jamo and Laidler are all a bit underdone. If we play one guy on Crameri he will probably blow up.

What's the word on Dempsey, I heard he will play and then this morning it has him out for 2-3 weeks :confused:

I think you've got your defenders pretty close although, I'm not sure Hird would want Robinson playing on Fletcher, doesn't make much sense to me Robo will drag him up the ground which is a big loss to Essendon imo.

I heard McVeigh is going to miss a few weeks?

I just can't see Watson being left alone, especially at stoppages he's way too damaging.

Also with our defenders I think we will probably rotate assignments Duigan, Jamo and Laidler are all a bit underdone. If we play one guy on Crameri he will probably blow up.

What's the word on Dempsey, I heard he will play and then this morning it has him out for 2-3 weeks :confused:

I think you've got your defenders pretty close although, I'm not sure Hird would want Robinson playing on Fletcher, doesn't make much sense to me Robo will drag him up the ground which is a big loss to Essendon imo.
That's fair enough, I was think Judd and Watson sort of cancel each other out.

That's fair enough, that's how I think it'll start

I'm not sure, I've put him in tentatively

I think Fletcher is smart enough to know how to deal with that, I hope

Hurley-Hendo
Ryder-Jamo
Crameri-Laidler
Jetta-Yarran
Reimers-Duigan
Davey-Scotland

Garlett-Dempsey?
Betts-Hibberd
Waite-Pears
Robinson-Fletcher
Hampson/Kruezer-Hooker
Walker-Hardingham

Would rather have Davey go on Yarran, because Davey has done a great job on him up in the past.

Let Jetta do his own thing.

Would rather have Davey go on Yarran, because Davey has done a great job on him up in the past.

Let Jetta do his own thing.
Yeah, probably.

Monfries and Zaharakis will be playing full-time midfield/wings I think

The lower the odds for Carlton the better, let us be the underdogs.

It's one of those games where you know there's a 90% we're going to lose, but the remaining 10% is just hope, but there is always that hope no matter what.
**** I love Essendon.

Was just watching some of the highlights of us versing em back in our Matthew Knight days, god it was good beating the scum.

I ****ing hate these scumbags with a passion, look at their arrogance. If they take us for granted based on our last 3 games.. I've got a feel they may be in for a surprise.

Geelong game last year rings bells.

All last night and early today I have been thinking we will get demolished. That's until I began listening to the arrogance of these flogs, and we all know when Carlton go in arrogant against us they play shit. If their players believe half the shit their supporters are saying, we will pull off another Geelong type upset. 'yeah easy 15 goal win to us!!', only teams like Geelong who have something to show for in the past few years should be showing that arrogance. It's ****ing April, the grand final isn't played in April

I'm yet to see what the hype is about.

They were challenged by Richmond until the 4th quarter, they beat Brisbane and they beat a Collingwood side decimated by injuries, getting used to having a new coach and coming off a rusty pre-season.

Yet they say we're the worst side to be 3-0. Lol I say bring them on, we can't write ourselves off. We admit we're not playing to our full potential and we admit that we're scraping through. But they're arrogance has reached an extent where they think they're flag favourites on the back of 3 games.

I hope the Blues keep getting hyped all week, and we cop shit left, right and center. Let their arrogance sky rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back