Preview Round 4 vs Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lower the odds for Carlton the better, let us be the underdogs.

It's one of those games where you know there's a 90% we're going to lose, but the remaining 10% is just hope, but there is always that hope no matter what.

I'm still in no hope mode but by Wednesday I'll be thinking we're a chance and I'll be super fired up walking to the game on Saturday.

**** I love Essendon.

**** I hate carlton.

Last night after the GC game I was like to myself 'next week we're going to cop it' but then after all the frustration was gone, I was like maybe we can take it up to em.

They haven't done anything spectacular, I'm still not convinced after the Collingwood game because of their injuries.

I think we can suppress Judd as Hocking has a good record against him, beat them in the ruck and then in the forward line Hurley, Crameri, Ryder, Jetta and Monfries I think should be alright against their defenders, but Setanta's little helpers + Murphy are the ones ! bloody Betts kicked 8 goals against us the last time, Garlett is always dangerous and Marc Murphy is on fire.

Hibberd and Hardingham need to pull some spectacular magic out of their asses for this game, don't know who will match up on Murphy.

Who will stay in the side out of Davey, Dyson and Reimers ?

I would say all 3 will
If Dempsey doesn't come up, then Longergan comes in, and Heppell gets pushed back to HBF

Fletcher Im tipping will have no choice who he plays on.. Im tipping Robinson will go to him and annoy the living crap out of him again.. Its been very effective in the past and Fletcher seems very rattled when he does...

If this is allowed to happen again, then our coaching staff are over paid hacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the way Carlton go about things and can generally tolerate losing to them when they're the better side, which at the moment we'd have to concede they are.

Their supporters just make it totally unbearable though, particularly the ones on here. It's already at "Our shit doesn't stink" levels after Round 3.

I find the ones who talk smack on their boards but are too scared to engage anywhere else where they can't go running to their mods aprons the funniest.

I would say all 3 will
If Dempsey doesn't come up, then Longergan comes in, and Heppell gets pushed back to HBF
So we're essentially replacing a hard-running creative half-back with very good kicking skills with an inside midfielder with average kicking skills? Considering we have poor spread from the contest as it is, so this would be a lot worse. If anything I'd be dropping one of our inside mids for an outside mid

Re: We should throw next week.

Yeah, probably.

Monfries and Zaharakis will be playing full-time midfield/wings I think

I think we miss Monfries from our F50

The lower the odds for Carlton the better, let us be the underdogs.

It's one of those games where you know there's a 90% we're going to lose, but the remaining 10% is just hope, but there is always that hope no matter what.
**** I love Essendon.

Was just watching some of the highlights of us versing em back in our Matthew Knight days, god it was good beating the scum.

Lovett is a player we miss against the Blues, but that is now a distant memory:mad:

I am surprised we are the supporters who everyone sees as arrogant. Being relatively new here I havnt seen it all but by god the attitude coming out of the blues supporters is beyond belief. They really do make it easy to hate them.

One point that a mate of mine raised was that when essendon were known as a quick side our run killed Carlton (knights reign) now tht our inside game has become a focus is when Carlton have been cutting us up with that same speed we used to use against them. He said that if we try to play too much of an inside game or go in with a strong contested side Carlton would just run rings around us. He's a Carlton supporter. Thoughts? Does he have a point?

So we're essentially replacing a hard-running creative half-back with very good kicking skills with an inside midfielder with average kicking skills? Considering we have poor spread from the contest as it is, so this would be a lot worse. If anything I'd be dropping one of our inside mids for an outside mid

Lonergan in the guts, Heppell back to replace Dempsey is what I was thinking

So we drop him then?????
Pigs Arse we do
We simply don't select Lonergan. He's a one-dimensional inside player with absolutely no ability to spread from the contest who can't hit a target if they're more than 30 meters away. We push Jetta onto a wing, and play Reimers, Davey and Monfries as small forwards. The way the game's played nowadays we can't carry all 4 inside mids in the side, the other three get in because Watson is an elite clearance player and is a decent forward, Hocking has a bloody good tank and can tag, and Howlett is one of the best tacklers in the game and can run, spread and kick.

We simply don't select Lonergan. He's a one-dimensional inside player with absolutely no ability to spread from the contest who can't hit a target if they're more than 30 meters away. We push Jetta onto a wing, and play Reimers, Davey and Monfries as small forwards. The way the game's played nowadays we can't carry all 4 inside mids in the side, the other three get in because Watson is an elite clearance player and is a decent forward, Hocking has a bloody good tank and can tag, and Howlett is one of the best tacklers in the game and can run, spread and kick.

That quote was from you mentioning Hocking, but point taken

I like the idea of Monfries in the F50 tho:thumbsu:

I am surprised we are the supporters who everyone sees as arrogant. Being relatively new here I havnt seen it all but by god the attitude coming out of the blues supporters is beyond belief. They really do make it easy to hate them.

One point that a mate of mine raised was that when essendon were known as a quick side our run killed Carlton (knights reign) now tht our inside game has become a focus is when Carlton have been cutting us up with that same speed we used to use against them. He said that if we try to play too much of an inside game or go in with a strong contested side Carlton would just run rings around us. He's a Carlton supporter. Thoughts? Does he have a point?
Yep besides of a few, this is very similar to other supporters saying we pump up Hurley, many of the people on this site see him as a great prospect that should serve the club very well, its the media that pumps him up.

And no one seems to be mentioning Waite (except blues fans), will be extremely dangerous to match up on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back