Preview Round 4 vs Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly cannot see us getting anywhere near Carlton, our midfield is so far behind them its not even funny, sure Watson can turn it on but then.... who?

Zaka has been lazy and soft and needs to stand up, Melksham hasnt been as bad as some are saying but hasnt been very good. Heppell should move into the midfield, we desperately need some class in there.

Glad we didn't do a Collingwood and risk Dempsey further.

My inconsiderate best mate is getting married next Sat arvo. Don't know whether to be shattered I'm missing my first Ess/Carl game in basically forever or not...

Who the **** gets married during the footy season?

Anyway, **** these pricks, **** this defeatist attitude. We will bury these maggots like the absolute scum that they are.

Anyway, **** these pricks, **** this defeatist attitude. We will bury these maggots like the absolute scum that they are.

We live in hope this is the case but I cant see it until we unearth at least another 2 quality midfielders and a small backman who can stop there small forwards.

Any chance we'll exceed the 84K the Blues had Vs the Pies on Friday night?

We can be rest assured they'll turn up having slaughtered one arch enemy and with it being their home game.

Will our fans rock up?

Going by some of the posts I've read on here and other sites I really wonder if Bomber fans will.

Playing 4 days later on ANZAC Day too might deter some who have to travel long distances (inter state and country) to it to both games.

We we're not too out numbered and bring home the 4pts.

Nobody wants to have a defeatist attitude going in to a game against Carlton, but unfortunately I can't shake this attitude at the moment. All I can think about are our last 2 performances against them and the form they are in and our current level of play.

They have a number of players where I just cannot see us matching up that well on. Betts is a hard match up, as is Murphy (who is Carlton's best player at the moment), Waite is playing very well, Gartlett is another goal sneak, Simpson flies under the radar and there are others.

I look at it this way, they are basically full strength (only Walker to come in for them) and playing hard, attacking, confident footy. They are doing the team things and seem very much like a team on a mission getting the job done each week. But we are in April and we both have 3 wins and no losses. A defeat is not going to ruin our season and a big loss does not mean we won't be able to beat them later on in the year.

I am pumped for next week no matter what, would like nothing more than beating them next Saturday (if I had to make a choice, I would rather beat Carlton on Saturday than the Pies on ANZAC day).

Come on Dons!

We have a really good chance. I expect us to win one of the next two at the least. Carlton will be keen, but so will our boys. Should be a really good contest.

Look at all the big babies in this thread. We are 3 - 0, forget how we played last week and focus on the big game ahead.

These games are generally close no matter what the ladder position is. 90K at the MCG should shake any complacency from the side and we will give a good account of ourselves.

We have the best inside man in the league - Watson. He's better than Judd at the moment on winning the stoppage.

We have good inside scrappers in Hocking, Howlett and possibly Lonergan to come in.

We had them on toast in the first game last year before injuries and in the other 2 games their spread got us.

I think we have learned from that and can win.

For me, that sums up the game this Sat's game perfectly. From a Carlton perspective some of our best wins against V. you blokes have come when we were rank outsiders and given no chance, and I am sure you could say the same, going the other way.

After watching Blue-Bombers encounters for over 45 yrs., this is one set of 4 pts. I never bank before the ball is bounced.

Good luck on Sat. and I'm expecting a cracking game from the Bombers. :)

Will be interesting to see how the team lines up this week.
We could accept the loss and have a real crack against the Pies on Anzac day - give a few of the senior guys a rest,
promote Dell-Olio & Lee and give Davis a run whos been doing well at Bendigo

IN: Lonergan, Hooker, Davis, Slattery, Dell-Olio, Lee
OUT: Watson, Stanton, Fletch, Hurley, Ryder, Jetta

Hardingham Hooker Hibberd
Heppell Pears Dempsey
Melksham Lonergan Zaka
Monfries Carlisle Reimers
Davey Crameri Dell'Olio

T.Bell Hocking Howlett

Davis Dyson Slattery
Lee

Will be interesting to see how the team lines up this week.
We could accept the loss and have a real crack against the Pies on Anzac day - give a few of the senior guys a rest,
promote Dell-Olio & Lee and give Davis a run whos been doing well at Bendigo

IN: Lonergan, Hooker, Davis, Slattery, Dell-Olio, Lee
OUT: Watson, Stanton, Fletch, Hurley, Ryder, Jetta

Hardingham Hooker Hibberd
Heppell Pears Dempsey
Melksham Lonergan Zaka
Monfries Carlisle Reimers
Davey Crameri Dell'Olio

T.Bell Hocking Howlett

Davis Dyson Slattery
Lee

Not sure if serious. The spirit of a club is backed up by some of the best " underdog" wins. Surely Essendon need to make a statement to Collingwood this weekend just to say " hey, we coming at you guys ".
This post is ridiculous and sends the wrong message to the members and the football public as a whole. Wont happen.
Good luck Saturday guys. Both clubs heading in the right direction.

Unless the coaches really do have some plans that they haven't made evident yet, we'll get flogged.
Blues are at least a top 4 side, playing like a top 2 side: right up & about
We're disjointed, not clicking at all, and will go in with 5+ changes including, possibly, a couple of debutants.

not sure Carlton are quite as flying as many just assume - they struggled in large parts against Rich and Bris (first half), and really were fairly ordinary against a shambled on Friday night only being 3 goals up at half time.

The thing is, they have gone on to absolutely smash these teams once the resistance was broken, which somehow made the first half of struggling, turning the ball over etc erased from many peoples memory. I was there on Friday night, and mentioned at half time, it was a horrible game of football. Collingwood, as bad as they were, had more inside 50's by quarter time, yet the scoreboard had Carlton well in front. Coll just butchered the ball - repeatedly.

A bit like what we have been doing :p

Would not be shocked to see this game going exactly as our past 2 against them - which is fairly similar to the coll and bris game for them. We will probably be fairly even for a half, then they will blow it to the shizenhousen once our will breaks. Of course our expected first quarter injuries wont help :rolleyes:

They only ray of hope for our form, albeit being undefeated, is that I think the North and Port wins are significantly better than they looked at the time, we have had to deal with multiple early injuries and first quarter subs in all games, against 2 teams we traditionally struggled with and interstate which we all know how that goes.

In other words, if you had of said in the off season we would look ordinary against North, Port and Interstate, you would have said "yea, what's new?".

If we were told we would upset a few high flying teams coming off bad performances, again you would have said "yea, what's new?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if serious. The spirit of a club is backed up by some of the best " underdog" wins. Surely Essendon need to make a statement to Collingwood this weekend just to say " hey, we coming at you guys ".
This post is ridiculous and sends the wrong message to the members and the football public as a whole. Wont happen.
Good luck Saturday guys. Both clubs heading in the right direction.

Post ridiculous you Worm...???
Why is ridiculous to bring in a couple of debutaunts if we arent travelling all that flash, rest a few senior players and set ourselves for the Anzac day game? Surely with all the tanking Carltank has done over the years you'd understand this??

Post ridiculous you Worm...???
Why is ridiculous to bring in a couple of debutaunts if we arent travelling all that flash, rest a few senior players and set ourselves for the Anzac day game? Surely with all the tanking Carltank has done over the years you'd understand this??

I think the time to rest players would be when you play GWS and to an extent Melbourne. Resting Hurley, and the others you mentioned i believe would be catastrophic. Sure, bring in a debutant to cover for injuries, but remember that Essendon are going pretty well. They beat North Melbourne and the form will hold up well I reckon.

I think the time to rest players would be when you play GWS and to an extent Melbourne.

Probablem is, we have a 4 day break now not then!

Anyway, Hamilton basically said this morning they originally did plan to rest players over these 2 games, but now are not really in a position to do so.

I reckon a debutante may come in, but it will be to cover injury and not rest.

Yeah, I think Carlton have been dealt a few early season favours with the breaks between games. In saying that, there wouldn't be 1 Essendon player who would want to be rested this week or next for obvious reasons.

Carlton will win easily; we're miles off the pace at the moment. our disposals are poor and they'll make us pay. the Scum by 60 points

I think that we can cause a great upset. As someone mentioned before, the underdog between the Blues and Bombers always puts on a surprising performance. We were not favourites in any of our 6 wins against them and although they are better now, I reckon we can still trouble them a bit. We didn't play great against Gold Coast, but they played much better than what they did against St Kilda. If we can string a 4 quarter performance next week, we can beat them. It is not like it is a given that we will play like we did the week before and we are capable of playing better.

It is no secret that Essendon the last couple of years love playing without expectation and as a heavy underdog. I reckon Crameri and Hurley will fire us to a close win over our rivals. Not us that should be worried. Its the Carlton supporters that should be worried as they have all the expectations.

This is disgusting. Are we Essendon supporters or ****ing Melbourne fans.

We are playing the scum of the earth in 5 days, and we will ****ing obliterate them.

[YOUTUBE]_Eex6seGHzo[/YOUTUBE]

They were certainties then too. **** them, and **** them again.

I’ll leave the defeatist shit for if and when we get defeated.

Of course they’re favourites, WGAF… go Bombers… FFS it’s 18 vs 18, work our arses off, play a bit smart, hit them hard whenever we get the chance and who knows what happens.

We knocked over Geelong last year when no other team could, and did the same to the Saints in 2009 when they were already celebrating an undefeated season.

As if these navy blue ***** are infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back