Preview Round 4 vs Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slattery, Steinberg, Hooker, Davis and Lee are the only Essendon listed players playing tomorrow.

Carlisle and Dempsey would be a worry with their soft tissue injuries. Can't see us making too many unforced changes unless someone stars for Bendigo.

Slattery, Steinberg, Hooker, Davis and Lee are the only Essendon listed players playing tomorrow.

Carlisle and Dempsey would be a worry with their soft tissue injuries. Can't see us making too many unforced changes unless someone stars for Bendigo.
Baguley too. I guess if Dempsey misses he might be in with a chance. Lee had a big game last week iirc, another one tomorrow and he might sneak in.

Baguley too. I guess if Dempsey misses he might be in with a chance. Lee had a big game last week iirc, another one tomorrow and he might sneak in.
Is Baguley the HBF with a bit of dash? Could be a chance. Will have to wait and see how everyone goes in the 2nds tomorrow ultimately.

Dont write yourselves off yet, we have a knack of getting ahead of ourselves and these games are always tricky. Worst thing we can do after last night is come out and lose to you guys, and im still not convinced our boys are mentally tough to win these types of games we should on a regular basis.

I think we will win, but am expecting a tighter contest than many.

Round 3 performance vs round 4

Looking at our round 3 performance against carltons round 3 performance, It would look as though carlton should beat stupid next week. Whether we blame it on metricon stadium or our injuries from last week, we played a pretty average game. What do we have to do to beat carlton? It would be great to continue as 4-0. But Is it possible at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rest everyone and get them ready for Anzac day. Much rather lose to Carlton and have a chance at beating a depleted pies outfit so we are 4-1 than losing to both and being 3-2 cause I know we will get more injuries if we try go full strength for both.

Didnt think it was as bad as everyone says against Gold Coast - they were at home, playing well on a slippery track and not to mention Ablett with 45 possesions or whatever he had. I think we'll be much improved against the Blues and hopefully take it up to them.

Make no mistake. Carlton is as good as the result against Collingwood suggests it is.

There has been a constant theme of Collingwood losses in past years. It is always about injuries, umpiring or some other issue not to do with their actual form. It is a legacy of one of the only downsides to Malthouse: poor sportsmanship.

They refused to accept that Geelong had their measure even after two convincing losses last year (don't worry about the first encounter, Geelong had 13 of the first 15 or so scoring shots and should have put the game to bed at quarter time, Pods then missed three easy shots in the final term).

The Filth are still a great side, it is just that some of their deficiencies have been exposed. Carlton mauled them in the first quarter before injuries were an issue. Collingwood then threw the kitchen sink in the second before falling apart.

It spells potential disaster for us unless we can flick he switch this week and actually play something close to the way we are supposed to.

I haven't missed a game in years, but I genuinely wish I wasn't going next week.

I just fear the worst, and sitting through a Carlton smashing is the most depressing/anger inducing 3hrs I can imagine. I just can't bear to sit around those ****ing dogs, i really hate them :(

Last years final still hurts, and it still gets brought up. Dealing with that again (probably on a larger scale), is already looking to be a pain in the ass!

I like the way Carlton go about things and can generally tolerate losing to them when they're the better side, which at the moment we'd have to concede they are.

Their supporters just make it totally unbearable though, particularly the ones on here. It's already at "Our shit doesn't stink" levels after Round 3.

Look at all the big babies in this thread. We are 3 - 0, forget how we played last week and focus on the big game ahead.

These games are generally close no matter what the ladder position is. 90K at the MCG should shake any complacency from the side and we will give a good account of ourselves.

We have the best inside man in the league - Watson. He's better than Judd at the moment on winning the stoppage.

We have good inside scrappers in Hocking, Howlett and possibly Lonergan to come in.

We had them on toast in the first game last year before injuries and in the other 2 games their spread got us.

I think we have learned from that and can win.

Who will stay in the side out of Davey, Dyson and Reimers ?
All three would be my guess. Who would we bring in? I wouldn't bring Lonergan in, makes us too inside-oriented. Dyson is needed off HB, especially if Dempsey is injured. Davey actually kicked a goal so he's already ahead of McVeigh and Reimers loves these sorts of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back