Game Day Round 5 “Dockland Dynamite” ft. Port Adelaide v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't complain too much about the match day thread atmosphere, it is the environment that has been created here.

Posters try to be positive, get shouted down with countless sack Hinkley replies and think Why bother.

I'm looking forward to the game, there's a lot to like about this Port team, that midfield is so deep and talented it can take on any team, tall defenders at last, and a good mix of talent up forward. Plus Soldo who is fun to watch in the ruck.

This should be a quality game after the dross of the past two nights, perfect conditions and two teams in strong form.

I expect Drew to put the clamps on Serong and the rest of our midfield to go to work.
I'm looking forward to the game because it is another test for our i50s.

The Freo defence has looked really solid do far this year, especially Pearce. So if they turn up it is a good chance to see if we have learned anything from previous years in our i50 entries and whether the Melbourne game really was just a goal kicking aberration.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got no idea why Freo are $3.40, this should be every bit as tough as the Melbourne game.

Is it because we won easy in the pre-season game?
All it means is that gamblers have been putting money on Port to win - which shortens the odds on Port (less people bet on Port) and they lengthen the odds on Fremantle (attracts more people to be on Fremantle). They make money irrespective of who wins.

For those who take the train to the games - tonight they will be even more packed and less frequent than normal. Might be best to take a bus or other transport.

Thanks for that. Another tip is leave earlier than usual, the trains aren't so busy say a couple of hours before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be harder than last week as they aren’t as fragile as the dons but with Soldo at least breaking even in the ruck our mids look next level over anyone.

It’s all about conversion - if we kick 7.0 like last week or at least 5.2 rather than 3.4/2.5 we can win well.

Ports by 28pts.

Similar to last week. Depends which Port turns up!
It will either be a grinding one kick victory, or one team will romp it in easily. No comfortable 20-40 point win here peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back