Preview Round 5, 2019: Hawthorn v Geelong, 22 April 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, in the unlikely event we knock them off on Monday should all who attend do their best Wolf Howls after the final siren?

Errr, hang on a minute , now, I don’t think stratts is flying or anything but both Membrey and Bruce got off the leash halfway thru the 3rd qtr, until then I honestly did NOT even realise they were playing!! Chip and stratts had them covered imo.

Beat me to it MasterSamurai. This was the biggest turning point for me. All of a sudden they had a couple of link up players in Bruce and Membrey getting off the leash. This wasn't happening whilst Stratts was on the park. Perhaps his role has changed down there with Impey, Scrimmers, and Sicily taking the intercepts whilst he has a more negating role to play?

I played a lot in defence in my playing days, and received plenty of best player nominations for days with low disposals when I shut down a dangerous forward for the team. Stratts is way too important to our defensive structure regardless of supporters thinking he is in some sort of form slump.

So by the sounds of it we will be missing: Stratton, Smith, Frawley, Shiels, Burgoyne, Cousins
? ? ?
We really need a kid to step into our side on debut and star, would be nice for a change rather than our slow burner types, Worpel the exception.

We need Gunston to kick straight? I remember expecting a goal when he lined up and a point when Breust did. Now it’s the opposite. What has happened to his goal kicking? Cost us again.
Dunstall pointed out that his issue is that he drifts to the right in his run up, which he previously didn't. Watched him on the weekend and Dunstall is spot on. He should forgo some other training and spend time on goal kicking.

Cant see us winning this one but if there is any game of the year i wanna win its always this one. Please beat these assholes cannot stand them, it would be a great win if we can pull it off. Gonna need Chad Jaeger and Scully to have huge games
Agree. Would actually rather win this game this year than one final if we made it. Call me crazy

At least it's not going to be like 2017, where we came off that 86 point belting on the Gold Coast thinking we would bounce back and got shocked/reamed by 86 in that 11 goal last quarter. This time we expect it so it won't hurt so bad

At least it's not going to be like 2017, where we came off that 86 point belting on the Gold Coast thinking we would bounce back and got shocked/reamed by 86 in that 11 goal last quarter. This time we expect it so it won't hurt so bad

I'm expecting us to be competitive at least until 3 qtr time, they are not that good and we aren't that bad (even with the outs)

One thing these games has shown me over the last 10 years is anything can happen .

We are going to be very undermanned and they will have more talent on the park but that doesn’t mean we can’t be competitive against them.

Last year we beat them with some decent outs and we have troubled them bar the one blow out in the past few seasons.

They are a decent side but 2 of their wins are against Adelaide and Melbourne who are going horrible at the moment.

Not expecting a win at all, just want us to be competitive and I think we can be.
Do that and anything can happen

Any early news on Stratton. Chip whilst solid and important is somewhat more replaceable than Stratton. Not undermining his value by any stretch, however our captain is our captain.

Re the losses you mention, I can’t agree with you that we are really going to rue them. If we made horrendous mistakes and dropped our bundle totally then I could understand this. We simply have had zero luck!

To drop two players in a game twice is just massive. Not to mention the early withdrawal of our best midfielder behind Mitchell and a chunk of experience in shiels, Burgoyne, and our captain being concussed. The losses have been incredibly irregular. On both occasions held four to five goal leads when we had 22 fit players.

I’m not convinced that we are a bottom 8 team as many mention.

KOLOKOTRONIS

I don't mean rue them as in their wasn't reasons and circumstances as to why it happened, I just mean in the washup it'll be 2 losses to non finalists.

I'm expecting us to be competitive at least until 3 qtr time, they are not that good and we aren't that bad (even with the outs)

Let's hope so. Thankfully we have Carlton the week after to hopefully help us lick our wounds, but if we can hold our ground and keep the game modest, I think it will do wonders for the young fellas. Every loss is an opportunity for them I suppose. Hopefully the extra few days towards Monday gives Chip, Stratts, Jaeger and potentially even Burgs or Shiels the opportunity to heal up and get prepared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley out, sees Brand in. Possibly TOB, though not sure he has the body to take on Hawkins. Haven't seen the Box Hill games thus far, so unsure on form between the two.

O'meara comes in, so will be interesting to see who comes out for him. A lot of sore boys from yesterday. You'd assume they'd keep Howe in, with possibly Cousins making way, but I think that would be a bad move. Prefer to keep getting games into Cousins.

I wonder if they would consider Miles with Geelong's small fleet of forwards playing well?

I like all the positivity in this thread. Hope you are all right and we win or perform very well in defeat.

I have a sinking feeling personally that we're getting smashed this week and then the Blues... argh I can't even say it.

Extremely concerned we may get a flogging Monday

I like Cegs but he was pretty ordinary Sunday & not sure he is needed for the Cats. Lewis had been doing some 2nd ruck duties for Box Hill so perfect time to give a shot IMO

I think we are in for a world of hurt, not only Monday, but the next 6 weeks after that. Especially due to injuries and blokes who are just off.

Geel - loss
Carl - 50/50
Melb - loss
GWS - loss
Rich - loss
PA - 50/50
Bris - loss

Not looking good. I'm having trouble finding a win there.

I think we are in for a world of hurt, not only Monday, but the next 6 weeks after that. Especially due to injuries and blokes who are just off.

Geel - loss
Carl - 50/50
Melb - loss
GWS - loss
Rich - loss
PA - 50/50
Bris - loss

Not looking good. I'm having trouble finding a win there.
Wanna cry some more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back