Goals: Tredrea 3; Bode 2; Cornes, Francis, Francou, Lyle, Schofield

B: Bishop / Paxman / Wanganeen
HB: Kingsley / Mead / Poulton
C: P Burgoyne / Wilson / Francis
HF: Schofield / Tredrea / Montgomery
F: Bode / C Cornes / French

R: Primus / Francou / Lyle
I: Harwood / Murray / Daniels / Morton

Port Adelaide slumped to a 1-4 record after a 39 point loss at the hands of Hawthorn. The Power were rarely in the contest, with the Hawks keeping a steady 2 goal lead for most of the day, before kicking 8 goals to 4 in the second half to win by the 6 goal margin. Trent Croad kicked 6 goals in a best on ground effort, whilst Mark Graham also kicked 2 and took 10 marks across half forward. Tredrea kicked 3 for Port, whilst Schofield, Primus and Francou were also good.

20 Years Ago: 1990

Port Adelaide 17.17 (119)
West Torrens 14.12 (96)

Best: R Smith, Wanganeen, Abernethy, Hutton, Foster, Hynes

Goals: Wanganeen 5; R Smith 3; Stringer, Brown 2; Hodges, D Smith, Abernethy, Hutton, R Boyd

Port Adelaide recoreded a comfortable 23 point victory against West Torrens in front of around 8000 people at Alberton Oval. With numerous players already on the sidelines, the club lost Settre, Fiacchi, Williams and Northeast throughout the match with injury. Fiacchi and Northeast, who suffered an ankle and hamstring injuries respectively, were forced to play out the match on the field. Rohan Smith kicked 3 goals and showed his class, whilst 17 year old Gavin Wanganeen shone with 5 goals from 11 touches. Hynes once again led the ruck on his own, whilst Paul Stringer provided a strong target across centre half forward in the second half.

We could do worse than line up like this IMO.

B P. Stewart Carlile Surjan
HB Hartlett Chaplin C. Cornes
C Krakouer Boak Pearce
HF Salter Tredrea Gray
FF Hitchcock Westhoff Ebert

R Brogan Salopek Cassisi
Interchange Lobbe Broadbent K. Cornes Rodan

Emerg Pettigrew Logan Thomas

Stewart won't be dropped after 1 game. Stupid decision to bring him in against the two top teams when we have Salter.

Comment on the club's SANFL wrap up suggest Salter won't come in this week. Agree it will be very frustrating if we go with Schulz in place of Stewart after one game though. If it's down to Stewart or Schulz I'd say keep Stewart in AND play him against the Crows too. After toughest possible first two AFL games I'd want to give the guy an chance to show how he learns from it and recovers and competes against a far more average AFL defence.

I agree with peoples views on D stewart, after seeing him in the preseason games - the kid can play. I wouldn't mind Schultz coming in for either Westhoff or Trengrove - I don't think either are contributing much.

I see this week as a bit of a write off, I try and be optimistic when it comes to the Power but I just can't see us getting over the line.

Salter has to be given a chance soon surely, I'm not sure what he played like this weekend, but I watched the game he played against the Magpies and he blitzed.

Match Up Round 5: Port Adelaide Vs St Kilda - Sunday 24th April - 7:10pm SA Time

AFL Premiership Round 5
Port Adelaide V St Kilda

picture.php
--------- V ---------
picture.php

Saturday Apr 24
AAMI Stadium 7:10 PM (Local Time) 7:40 PM (EST Time)
Adelaide Forecast Adelaide Radar

Ladder:
Port AdelaideSt KildaLadder.gif

Season Win/Loss
Port AdelaideSt KildaSeasonWL.gif

AFL Round 5 Port Adelaide V St Kilda​

Theme Song:

[YOUTUBE]Nwh3FmpZ7kg[/YOUTUBE]

Such high hopes.

But my body can only take so much alcohol.

One week sober now (if you dont count the weekend), im doing well. Though generally that means I become my bitter and twisted self. You poor souls.

Port Adelaide are also currently in this situation, things looked great for the first couple of weeks, but in two games we have come crashing back down to earth.

2-2. Not bad, but the last two weeks have been shambles. We have not looked like the club that took the ground earlier in the year. This week, against a depleted St Kilda we have a chance to show the AFL what our team can do. A win would be fantastic, but a good game would be almost as much.

Port Adelaide Injury List:

Robbie Gray (back/hamstring) - test
Daniel Motlop (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Marlon Motlop (fractured foot) - indefinite
Jay Schulz (knee bruising) - test
Matthew Westhoff (groin) - 2-3 weeks

St Kilda Injury List:

Luke Miles (stress fracture fibula) - TBA
Nick Riewoldt (hamstring) - 12-16 weeks
Jesse Smith (ankle) - TBA

Besides Robbie (who will play but is for some reason still listed) and Daniel there is no one really on that list who would walk in to a game for us, and our injury list is starting to look healthier.

St Kilda's on the other hand, is the second smallest injury list in terms of numbers in the AFL. But right in the middle, is on of the biggest names in football.

Carrnivore.

brennancarr.jpg

Josh has strung together a few good games in the SANFL in recent weeks, and I can see him bring brought in this week.

All reports from the club suggest this will probably happen, and at the start of the year I would have said Josh wouldnt play another game with us, but I think its time.

We need his toughness and his work ethic. Best of luck Josh.

The Lobbenator.

lobbesk0.jpg

Its time.

Many of us have been calling for his inclusion for weeks, and it has been hinted by the club for weeks. Matty has been performing well in the SANFL, and needs some AFL action.

Bring it on.

Grayve Danger.

AFL-Brownlow-Medal-Blue-Carpet-5272.jpg

He plays for Port Adelaide. She could do what ever she wanted to me. Like, anything.

Captain Pain.

cassisi.jpg

Dom hasnt really been himself yet this year, looked ok in the first two games but has since dropped off. This should be his return, and he must step up against the Saints.

If he has a good game, generally the team has a good game.

Line Up's:

Will fill this in when they are released.

The Final Spray:

These previews have kinda got 'serious' the past two weeks. For this I apologize.

I am now off to Melbourne for the weekend, I am going to get incredibly drunk. So drunk infact, by the time I write this thread next Thursday I will still need a hand getting out of bed.

I promise next weeks will be funnier, more sarcastic, and less informed.

By the way, the Saints are incredible. But I think we will do better than we did against Geelong. We are Geelongs bitches. St Kilda have been our bitches.

Saints by 26.

Can't help but be optimistic, which is a footy fans common failure I suppose.

I am actually expecting a close game and would not be surprised with a win here. I think we can cover there forwards on a one for one basis (Riewoldt would have killed Chaplin or Alipate and Chad doesn't have the defense work ethic for him) it's just how well we zone (!) and track midfielder runs.

If we remember that Tredrea doesn't lead purely for decoy runs and kick to him when he is one out I will be a happy chappy.

Midfielders need to have restore confidence in each other and themselves or else we will see hospital handpasses (UFH I think REH called them) and it will be the same thing as round 5 last year :(

Go Port

Re: Match Up Round 5: Port Adelaide Vs St Kilda - Sunday 24th April - 7:10pm SA Time

Hard to see us winning to be honest, but you never know.

Re: Match Up Round 5: Port Adelaide Vs St Kilda - Sunday 24th April - 7:10pm SA Time

I don't think the Saints are as good as everyone else says they are. I still wouldn't be tipping us, but an upset wouldn't surprise me.

the Saints are fantastic and they'll do it with ease, more deceptively and probably embarrassingly for us than Geelong who are noticeably excellent.

Can't wait to see the INs and OUTs.

Wonder how we've been training and what the mindset is this week. Half-assed, half of us resting, mentality of go out there and give it a real crack? Saints by 60 in that case.

Hopefully it's NOT another game where Bob and Chappy will on their own hold up a backline where Chad is trying but possibly past it, Sal and Rodan and Kane will do what they have to do to hold up the team, Tredrea will kick into a 50 where the tallest guy is Hitchcock and we'll handball round and round until the Saints get bored of scoring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Saints are fantastic and they'll do it with ease, more deceptively and probably embarrassingly for us than Geelong who are noticeably excellent.

Can't wait to see the INs and OUTs.

Wonder how we've been training and what the mindset is this week. Half-assed, half of us resting, mentality of go out there and give it a real crack? Saints by 60 in that case.

Hopefully it's NOT another game where Bob and Chappy will on their own hold up a backline where Chad is trying but possibly past it, Sal and Rodan and Kane will do what they have to do to hold up the team, Tredrea will kick into a 50 where the tallest guy is Hitchcock and we'll handball round and round until the Saints get bored of scoring.
Ins:

P Stewart, J Carr, J Schulz
Outs:
Logan, Thomas, D Stewart

If you ask me it will depend on Choco's mind set, is he gonan tell the players pre game how good the Saints are and we are going to have to do all this crap to win. OR is he going to say, boys, let's take em down, back yoruselves in, and hitting the friggin body hard, so if we lose at least they know they played a game.

2nd option please Choco, if we lose by 100 but two Saint players go off bleeding and Carr snots someone I'll be happy.

TSW do u add Robbie Gray in ur preview ever week just to put that photo of him and his gf in there? If so, i like it :thumbsu:

TSW do u add Robbie Gray in ur preview ever week just to put that photo of him and his gf in there? If so, i like it :thumbsu:

me too :thumbsu:

D Stewart is out, which at first I thought was a bit rough. Thinking about though there's a good chance we could get our pants pulled down this week so that wouldn't be good for his confidence. Perhaps if Westhoff doesn't give us something this week maybe he could come in for the showdown.

Lets hope we can tackle harder and apply some forward pressure (that's if we can get the ball down there) I'm hoping the Dom can do a job on Del Santo & Kane on Hayes.

Cmon boys put in a performance we supporters can be proud of, alls we ask is that you show some heart and if things aren't going your way - work harder!

D Stewart is out, which at first I thought was a bit rough. Thinking about though there's a good chance we could get our pants pulled down this week so that wouldn't be good for his confidence.

If we weren't prepared to give him a good run of games to find his feet at this level he shouldn't have come in in the first place. Geelong? St. Kilda? Showdown?

He was bound to be anonymous in most of those games, so what was the point?

If we can actually tackle this week me might have a faint hope, but if we don't we are going to get flogged.

Port by 4 (Never tipped against port in my life btw.)

Channel 10 news reported Carr was withdrawn from the Bay side and could be on stand-by for Davenport (possibly carrying an injury).

TACKLE HARASS TACKLE HARRAS ACCURACY TACKLE ENDEAVOR TACKLE TREDREAAAAAAAAAAA! TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE!

Carn Port! 4 QUARTERS LADS!!

In all honesty if there is going to be an upset this week this game could just be it. Only trouble is the stats are against us and St Kilda have shown that they can still pull together without Riewoldt. My monies on the Saints but who knows.

Another perfect Adelaide day for a Port home game. It's cold, it's windy, it's raining. Live FTA TV against the gate too. Should see the punters swarming in. At least I'll have plenty of room to stand.

Maybe we should have our games programmed at regional centres and bring much needed rainfall to our farmers and the river system. The farmers would probably come to our games just to give thanks. Port Adelaide the great god of precipitation, we worship thee.Take our first-born sons, make them strong and wise in the way of AFL and bestow upon them the power of air-borne moisture content.

Another perfect Adelaide day for a Port home game. It's cold, it's windy, it's raining. Live FTA TV against the gate too. Should see the punters swarming in. At least I'll have plenty of room to stand.

Maybe we should have our games programmed at regional centres and bring much needed rainfall to our farmers and the river system. The farmers would probably come to our games just to give thanks. Port Adelaide the great god of precipitation, we worship thee.Take our first-born sons, make them strong and wise in the way of AFL and bestow upon them the power of air-borne moisture content.

LOL :thumbsu:

It's incredible what the weather gods have thrown our way lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs St Kilda, Sat 24th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back