Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

He tried to fend as his initial move, then made zero attempt to dispose. Maybe a tad harsh but there.

His fending arm was never held, he just kept trying to push Georgie off with it rather than dispose of the ball.

I don’t think Finlaysons goal won us that game, I reckon it was all the ones St Kilda missed from not far out - they were shocking.

If Jeremy Finlayson hadn't booted that goal we might have been relying on Mitch Georgiades' kick to win the game after the siren. It does not bearing thinking about.

Saints were the better team. Especially in that last quarter.

Imo that's why those tears felt like an act. But I can't define the thoughts of Ken it might have been genuine.

But that performance brought me to tears in the "sweet merciful crap" kind of way.

Saints were the better team. Especially in that last quarter.

Imo that's why those tears felt like an act. But I can't define the thoughts of Ken it might have been genuine.

But that performance brought me to tears in the "sweet merciful crap" kind of way.
I must've been watching a different game because i thought our utter wastefulness up forward kept the saints in the game and we should've won by more than we did.

We were well and truly in control in the first quarter and then some calls went against us that shifted momentum. Maybe the start of the last quarter the Saints were on top but i felt like we had control of the game for the better part of the match but just couldn't put it on the scoreboard.

I must've been watching a different game because i thought our utter wastefulness up forward kept the saints in the game and we should've won by more than we did.

We were well and truly in control in the first quarter and then some calls went against us that shifted momentum. Maybe the start of the last quarter the Saints were on top but i felt like we had control of the game for the better part of the match but just couldn't put it on the scoreboard.
I think we get caught up in individual brilliance enabling team performance than actual team performance itself.

We were both wasteful in our forward line.

Max King got scans this morning and it confirmed he played out nearly all the 2nd half with a PCL tear. Fair edfort that and probably explains why he was so poor. Came into the game with poor form.

Cant accuse him of being a Hinkley supporter.

Last edited:
Max King got scans this morning and it confirmed he played out nearly all the 2nd half with a PCL tear. Fair edfort that and probably explains why he was so poor. Cane into the game with poor form.

Cant accuse him of being a Hinkley supporter.
And he's out for the season, not taking a week off before hobbling around for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that perception change if we lost?
If Saints get one more goal and we lose, it will go down as another one of those games that we should've won despite leading in most stats that would suggest we should've won. Such as inside 50's, clearances, time in possession, time in front, scoring shots, shots at goal, etc.

It wouldn't have quite been the Melbourne round 3 game level of wtf how did we lose that but it wouldn't have been far off.

We really should've put them away early.

You know most EPL managers don't make A$1 million.

Most articles I’ve seen put the lowest paid manager on £1,000,000pa, with the highest paid on £20,000,000pa.

Most clubs are somewhere between £4-6,000,000pa.

Pretty interesting breakdown of some of the set plays from centre bounce.

Although butters was the hit up in all three cases you can see why they value wines as a role player with his blocking.

Also crazy good tap work from Sweet

and yet despite that absolute dominance we win by 2 points..

tells us something about the overall game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back