Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs St Kilda, Sat 24th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back from the game. Very impressed tonight by the boys. We dug deep and got the win. How we cant play with that intensity every week is mind boggling.

Super game from Rodan, Chaplin and Carlile.

Great win by the guys.But i think ebert must go,yes he took marks and kicked a few goals.But the amount of missess as well as the turnovers,kicking directly to st kilda players was shocking.If he doesnt get dropped next week then he never will,no matter how bad he plays

Great win tonight and it was pleasing to see Rodan playing close to his best game for us. I wonder if he would get even better if the other knee had LARS.

Our defenders were extremely solid and starting to get a bit of toughness about them Chaplin was brilliant, Bob looked confident and Surj just keeps improving.

The forwards functioned just enough to get us the win but im not sure how many more wasted shots on goal i can handle. Our defence and midfield played good enough to get us a 5 goal win but we didn't.

I was impressed by Lobbe, the boy IS able to give a contest and thats a bloody good start. He can hold his head high, best 2nd ruck performance this year from a Port player.

I had a massive grin on my face when Hartlett hit Ebert on the chest the first time but when he hit on the chest the second time my mate made the call and is now calling him the Rolls Royce. Wow this guy can play.

Excellent win, we have to back it up next week and have the opportunity for the fans double of 4 points and dancing on the crows season. Not convinced enough to be confident about next week just yet.

Being there tonight was awesome haven't heard the faithful that loud for awhile.

Now to watch the replay on fox:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great win. I'd rather win ugly than lose sexy. The team forced St.Kilda to play on our terms which was great. Had we kicked straight it may have been a sizeable win. It was pleasing to see the team respond after a tough week and play with team work.

And for those statistics freaks out there our vice captain kept Stephen Milne to -3 Supercoach ranking points whilst getting 101 himself. Absolute gun.

And for those statistics freaks out there our vice captain kept Stephen Milne to -3 Supercoach ranking points whilst getting 101 himself. Absolute gun.

Surjan was a major part of a very good defence tonight.

The combination of Stewart, Surj and Hartlett provided a much more physical presence than what we've been accustomed to in the previous two weeks.

The umpiring was a friggin disgrace. If the umpire is on the blind side, how could he pay that stupid free kick to Rodent when tackled by Gilbert? A BIG mistake.

Mark to Shultz should NOT have been paid and it should have been called play on as it clearly wasn't 15 metres.

Soft free kick to Treadrea.

All resulted in goals...

Then there was the free kick we didn't get for the deliberate behind to Carr.

A joke.....

Port palyed better so congratulations but your team had a very gtood run with the umpires which resulted in goals....

The umpiring was a friggin disgrace. If the umpire is on the blind side, how could he pay that stupid free kick to Rodent when tackled by Gilbert? A BIG mistake.

Mark to Shultz should NOT have been paid and it should have been called play on as it clearly wasn't 15 metres.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Port palyed better so congratulations but your team had a very gtood run with the umpires which resulted in goals....

You are joking mate. Very bad loser.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Agree with everything u said

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Go sook on your own board, we've had to put with incompetent umpiring for the last 14 years in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game tonight. What a win!

I can barely talk, I shouted that much!

I went with my brother who is a crows supporter & asked him at half time. Whats it like to see a side actually tackle? (being cheeky of course!)

So here are my bests for what it is worth.
Bobby Carlisle for mine was sensational. Some of the things he did tonight, were incredible. His positioning was second to none. I am sick & tired of the interstate people underestimating him. He is GOLD!
Chappy was brilliant also. He in tandem with Bobby is something to behold.
Surjan - wow. Bl**dy Milne gets one kick (admittednly brilliant goal), but I thought Surj had him by the short & curlies.
Schulz - great frontal pressure and we needed him out there.
Lobbe - keep him in the side, he definitely deserves the 2nd ruck position.
Hartlett - well what can one say about a rolls royce? Didnt panic, delivered the ball with beauty and precision. Even my brother had to concede he thought Hartlett was a ripper.
And finally to D-Rod - you are a star, my dear friend. We thank our recruiters for taking a punt on you. Richmond's short sidedness is our major gain (now twice, given we have Schulz also). You played above yourself tonight, at times you broke tackles that no other player in the AFL are able to do against the might of St. Kilda.
One last word - to our coaches. Thanks! You out tacticed (no such word but I liked using it!) St. Kilda - no mean feat. Good to see St. Kilda can be beaten. And for those who say they were without Riewoldt - stiff bickies - we had some of our stars out also, so its a moot point.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Thanks for acknowledging Port Adelaide was the better side on the night and deserved the win. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Suck it up princess. Our inaccuracy in front of goal was the only thing stopping a 4-5 goal victory.

If you want to blame someone, which you clearly do, blame Kozi, the man with the heart the size of a pea. Enjoy having him as your focal point for the next 14 matches.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Excuse me but were you actually at the game? Because I can tell you, you had a dream run with the umpires, you bl***dy id**t.

Tredrea was being held so much, I though the guy next to him had to be gay! And as for 15 metres, suggest you go through the game in slow motion, as there were a few dodgy St Kild kicks counted as legitimate by the umpires. Then of course there was the goal that was counted as a point - suggest you put that on slow motion you Bl**dy moron.

Honestly, lose a game & you become absolute idiot supporters. Learn to lose with grace. And get the hell off our board, we want to enjoyr ourselves tonight!

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

Life without Nick and his soft free kicks is tough, isn't it. :(

Nah Sainters66 has some kind of point. Many 'high' tackles and whatnot would have been awarded against us if this was at Etihad. As the weeks go by I continue to think the umpires have agendas depending on the game. The officials can change momentum and basically determine outcomes, not saying they made us win but they let the game go when another week/ground they wouldn't have. It's just inconsistency and St. Kilda were on the wrong end of it tonight, Port Adelaides night for once. We get the wrong end of that stick more than a lot of other clubs.

All resulted in goals...

A joke.....

you were lucky not to lose by 5 goals.....

how many were there it looked like a real good crowd on tv

23,355. I thought there were more, mostly because the member's stand looked occupied for a change.

fking useless umps in ports pocket all night cheating... nah just kidding lol

you guys outplayed us all night and we were just flat as a tack couldnt do anything

great bounce back from last week and you guys deserved that win

gl for rest of season
Cheers buddy, well played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5: Port Adelaide vs St Kilda, Sat 24th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Back