Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Select up to 5 players you considered today's best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried to listen to the Presser and Dimma is sounding more and more like Sheedy and Malthouse (delusional)

"We are going to be attacking...."

Confirms that the coaches are not watching the same game as the spectators. At EVERY opportunity, players look SIDEWAYS. The corridor is like a demilitarized zone when the game is in the balance. The flanks are first option. Switching is slow, allowing the opposition forwards to run ahead of the ball, flooding our forwards who are stationary targets on the wings. The ball will enter our forward 50 PLENTY of times and be mopped up easily as the transition will be through the corridor as our mids are hunched over catching their breaths on the wings.

We are a team that is EASY pickings for a rookie coach.

"our boys will rectify it.."

No they won't. They are BADLY coached. There is no forward line structure, and our inside mids are non existent. Miles was great last season. Jackson and Tuck have not been replaced. We play a negating style of football that is easily picked apart. The only way to consider rectifying this issue is to start with the novel idea of playing with an attacking mindset. These players are in a damage control mode. Keep the loss at a minimum.

Today was a typical round 5 -7 game for the RFC. First 2-3 home games are packed with members. Today was the first sign of significant drop off. To top it off, we have this season and next season with a coaching panel that have no clue about the modern game. My advice to the RFC - Start publishing videos of the training regime. Players having shots at goal and working on basic underage skills. Maybe a video of "how to Shepard" or "how to kick at goal accurately from 35 meters out". I'm sick of the CRAP about player's cars, houses etc.. None of which is earned through hard work and sustained success. Some of these players are overpaid athletes that accept mediocrity.

Dimma said the jumper would never hit the floor. This year, the jumper has been used to mop the floor.

Morris was actually better last year with no shoulder :drunk:

lets face it as soon as that stupid below the knee rule came in he was gawn. Only thing he did well

Got my footy tip right. Watched one quarter amongst doing other productive Saturdy arvo things..... So cant really make any genuine assesment on the game.

My garden looks great.....come at me
I was happy to help clean the inside of your house but wish you didn't make me wear this

RU15819LG.jpg

K Mac is a future star btw, if we don't ruin him as well by playing him as a defensive back pocket or something.

Has the tools and importantly has looked at home at the level since debut.

I doubt he will be the same next year.! Its a trend at rfc
dusty was so scary in his first year, now he plays safe
miles was so good last year, but this year the impact has dropped
vlas was so good in his first year but now is battling
cotch was so good when he started, now is just a good player

the list goes on, its the club culture that converts great talent to just good players...

With Mitch Clark out all Geelongs fwd movement would be through Hawkins. Put your best defender on him not your second or third best defender. Hindsight is a lovely thing but when Hawkins just brushed Astbury aside I was wondering why Astbury was in him. If Astbury had kept him goalless again today then so be it but you put your best defender on the best fwd!

Didint see all of the game but I do know that Hawkins is a mountain and astbury is a twigcompared to that mountain

I wonder where all morris lovers are these days...!do they still back their comments on how good a player or leader he is..?
I think he has a job to do in our best 22. But he's not doing it so isn't best 22. If he is going to be a defensive forward he needs to go to the twos and have a 3 goal 10-tackle game before coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was inexcusable. Geelong had Hawkins (150 games, 290 goals) and Walker (19 games, 20 goals) as their key forwards. We have the 2014 All-Australian CHB. I wonder what we should do?
Completely agree, to not play Rance on Hawkins in the first quarter is a shocking call.

Hardwick has done a reasonable job of dragging our club off the scrapheap but he's not the guy to take us to the top 4. Tactically inept and not great at picking a 22.

To be honest, I really don't give a shit anymore.....

100% agree. I approach games now expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I expect to lose to North and then to Collingwood. If we get up against North we will more than likely lose to Collingwood. I don't expect to final but if we do I'll get excited until the Elim defeat ends the season.

It's Richmond. We are makeweights. I'm cool with it now. If we put together 2 or 3 wins I'll start bragging again but until then I just feel grateful that Carlton are even worse.

I want to see Ty Vickery played more in the ruck for the rest of the season.

He looks big enough now. I saw some encouraging signs!

Lets see if he can develop. I want Griffiths in the team 2. They would not be competing with each other either!
TV will never make a ruckman as he doesn't work hard enough or jump into his man and why should he bc he's making good coin doing the bare minimum
Laughed my arxe off when he was selected . Hope Ben is fit next week otherwise the two time EG coach will go to his only plan b in Hampson
The club has now achieved a list of coasters and battlers and we are now seeing on the park

TV will never make a ruckman as he doesn't work hard enough or jump into his man and why should he bc he's making good coin doing the bare minimum
Laughed my arxe off when he was selected . Hope Ben is fit next week otherwise the two time EG coach will go to his only plan b in Hampson
The club has now achieved a list of coasters and battlers and we are now seeing on the park

yeah I know Ty has been slack at times in the past. However, for a big guy rucking he did a few smart things at times yesterday around the ground.

Honestly, IMO him attempting a permanent role in the forward line was bats shit crazy in terms of his skill set even though he is not a bad set shot. It was so absurd it is little wonder it turned out the way it has. He looks a bit stronger and I cannot see any issue giving him a run developing him in the ruck and see if some seeds of improvement and belief come through!:)

At least if he rucks and goes up forward secondary he has half a chance and can be motivated because it is at least realistic in the role he could be useful doing.

I think we may as well try and develop him in the ruck and rest him forward. If it does not work at least we can say he got his shot.

I would rather move him on if we could not get him developing in the ruck either than simply moving him on and he contributes well after for another team!

Seems like no plan B at the moment if the opposition stop us playing. We are a better team then Geelong , Melbourne and Bulldogs, so should be winning against that standard of opposition.

I would be on the sack Hardwick bandwagon but who is available at the end of the season? Also the players may not react well to a change. Season is on the line next week.

Seems like no plan B at the moment if the opposition stop us playing. We are a better team then Geelong , Melbourne and Bulldogs, so should be winning against that standard of opposition.

I would be on the sack Hardwick bandwagon but who is available at the end of the season? Also the players may not react well to a change. Season is on the line next week.

Not sure if serious.:confused::oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Back