Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Select up to 5 players you considered today's best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In his presser, Dimma was asked if Griff and Ty could play together..
Dimmas response, well Griff is fairly mobile so he can play around the ground whilst Ty just prefers to sit in the F50...
OK...so players are telling Dimma what they want now?

After 6 years, why are we still regarded as mentally fragile?
Other teams ( dees and cats most recently) get in our face because they know we are not up to it...6 years on and we are still regarded in this way...I hate this as a supporter...we used to be feared...we were the antagonists...what the dark happened?

So much for "we can beat anyone". I think Dimma and the boys need to stop talking and focus on producing instead. They do not deliver most of the time when they talk. Instead, it backfires hard.

"Line in the sand", "we can beat anyone", "this is the loss we had to have" (Bulldogs last year), "we will bounce back against Geelong". Just stop it. No more talk. Those phrases actually burn me more than the losses because they promise that which they cannot produce.

Right.

EG "this is the loss we had to have" I mean what does that mean? What does it mean? Nothing atall.

Shut up and win a home game please.

Just on Morris has played 5 games and averaging a paltry 6.4 disposals per game :eek: but retains his spot, has played 3 games as a forward and kicked one goal....Ave tackles per game 3...

Arnot on the other hand played one game had 10 possies, 6 tackles and a goal but gets dropped :mad:
You start to feel that there is a "Boys club" kinda thing happening at Richmond

Just on Morris has played 5 games and averaging a paltry 6.4 disposals per game :eek: but retains his spot, has played 3 games as a forward and kicked one goal....Ave tackles per game 3...

Arnot on the other hand played one game had 10 possies, 6 tackles and a goal but gets dropped :mad:
As ST Wong points out...Morro kicked his only goal as a small pressure forward when he was shifted to defence

You start to feel that there is a "Boys club" kinda thing happening at Richmond

An inner and outer sanctum of players it appears in Dimmas worlld...how many of those in his inner world...Morris, Lloyd and Gordo would get games elsewhere
Those on the outer...Madonna, McBean, Lennon you'd think would have got more game time elsewhere by now

An inner and outer sanctum of players it appears in Dimmas worlld...how many of those in his inner world...Morris, Lloyd and Gordo would get games elsewhere
Those on the outer...Madonna, McBean, Lennon you'd think would have got more game time elsewhere by now
You would think so.

The players do not seem to be picked and dropped on form. It took so long last season for Vickery to be omitted from the side, and that was only after a suspension. It takes so long for players to be dropped that perform badly, whereas there are others who only need a bad half to be dropped.

Concerning

I love how everyone says we should play Jack out of the square. The opposition floods the 50 every game against us. Only way to get a mark to jack inside 50 is a quick clearance and kick in. He gets doubled every time he's near it.
If he starts higher he at least has the chance to double back into the 50 and lose his opponent. Most of the time we just bomb it in. We can't rely on big contested marks from Jack and the rest.

For norf game:

Out: Steven Morris (can't do anything), Sam Lloyd (bush footballer, can't believe 2 weeks ago he said he's hoping to play midfield for us), Batchelor (go back to the 2s and earn it), Taylor Hunt (f*** off mane)

In: Deledio, Griffith, Grimes, Conca

Full game for Lennon. Chose Arseberry over Batch cos they have plenty of tall forward

I love how everyone says we should play Jack out of the square. The opposition floods the 50 every game against us. Only way to get a mark to jack inside 50 is a quick clearance and kick in. He gets doubled every time he's near it.
If he starts higher he at least has the chance to double back into the 50 and lose his opponent. Most of the time we just bomb it in. We can't rely on big contested marks from Jack and the rest.

So jack is getting doubled which inevitably means a spare man but as you rightly say we just bomb him anyway.......a child could figure out how to do it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut up and win a home game please.

I am convinced it's bad feng shui at our home games because the tiger walks right to left (I.e. Backwards) along the fence.

Same with the blues, all the stars go backwards too.

Should be an easy fix :)

If someone had told us we'd lose to Geelong by 9 points I think most would be happy.

The fact that Geelong controlled most of the game but were able to get carved up through the middle so easily when we finally did get fast possession would have them pretty disappointed I reckon. We didn't deserve to win with that effort but give us deledio and Griffiths and a fit Foley and I think we could probably have won.

Vickery is pretty useless. play him against a team with shit backmen as a third tall option and he might do ok. otherwise I would rather mcbean gets a try. I don't like gifting games too early but Vickery has had enough chances.

Morris was better than last week :) but still fairly ordinary. Not really sure what he offers us.

Lloyd can be carried by a good side. Would be good for a few goals. But not getting enough of it when we play badly. Barely had an impact.

I would rather Grimes than astbury in defence. I think astbury is better as a forward. Not sure if he's going to make the next step.

I hope we can get Griffiths, deledio and Foley into the side this week.

Bulldogs are the behmark of where we should have been at all season. There are no excuses for a 2-3 start when the Dogs are doing what they are doing.
The dogs are us of 2012.Started with a bang but the quick game style will catch up to them as the season goes on.But they do have an excellent bunch of kids coming through,Much better than ours.

It's a win for us if Morris can reduce that average to between 0 & 1 per game. :p

In his presser, Dimma was asked if Griff and Ty could play together..
Dimmas response, well Griff is fairly mobile so he can play around the ground whilst Ty just prefers to sit in the F50...
OK...so players are telling Dimma what they want now?

After 6 years, why are we still regarded as mentally fragile?
Other teams ( dees and cats most recently) get in our face because they know we are not up to it...6 years on and we are still regarded in this way...I hate this as a supporter...we used to be feared...we were the antagonists...what the dark happened?
Just some thoughts to add to yours.

Dimma says they don't fear anyone and that may be true but a couple of things here.
1. No one fears Richmond at all.
2. If the Tigers have no fear that is one thing, but it is the mistakes that are letting them down not fear of the opposition.

If Richmond can stop giving the ball away when they have it and start putting the score on the board that will start to bring back some respect from those playing against them. As it is the constant poor mistakes give opposition sides free chances to get the game on their terms. Richmond is killing themselves, they play in such a way that there is just not enough credible evidence to really worry about.

In the local sports I have played there have been many examples of 'Richmond like' teams where you just know going in to the game you can't really fear them because they will ultimately throw away their own chances. All you have to do is play your game well and that will be enough.

If someone had told us we'd lose to Geelong by 9 points I think most would be happy.

The fact that Geelong controlled most of the game but were able to get carved up through the middle so easily when we finally did get fast possession would have them pretty disappointed I reckon. We didn't deserve to win with that effort but give us deledio and Griffiths and a fit Foley and I think we could probably have won.

Vickery is pretty useless. play him against a team with shit backmen as a third tall option and he might do ok. otherwise I would rather mcbean gets a try. I don't like gifting games too early but Vickery has had enough chances.

Morris was better than last week :) but still fairly ordinary. Not really sure what he offers us.

Lloyd can be carried by a good side. Would be good for a few goals. But not getting enough of it when we play badly. Barely had an impact.

I would rather Grimes than astbury in defence. I think astbury is better as a forward. Not sure if he's going to make the next step.

I hope we can get Griffiths, deledio and Foley into the side this week.

If Vickery plays he has to play a fair portion in the ruck IMO.

Playing him in the forward line as a real forward is circus material

In:Hampson,Elton,Griff,Short,Gordon,Conca
OUT-Maric(rest),Vickery,Hunt,Morris,Lloyd,Miles.

Elton as the 3rd tall down back
Keep Astbury fwd.
Ivan is playing sore.
Miles is having no impact this year.

Actually if Maric is sore I would give Vickery a go and he can rotate with Griffiths

Where exactly does Dustin Martin play? As far as I can tell he is running around getting cheap kicks off half back which he mostly butchers anyway as he did in the first half of last year. This guy should be one of the premier mids of the comp by now but it's a bit hard when our coach doesn't seem to want to play him there.

This is another major concern for me, he seems to be going backwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Back