Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Select up to 5 players you considered today's best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scoreboard flattered us...thought we were ordinary for most of the game
Poor choice by Dimma to leave Taylor alone in the first quarter and a bit to set up play for them
Poor choice by Dimma to not have Rance on Hawkins from the get go...would have saved us 3 goals
And the 5? goal square goals we let them kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin can hold his head high imo, apart from that bad miss, he actually stood up and dragged us with him. Dusty was actually decent too. Houli was our best by a distance though.

Simply not good enough, that lull at the end of the second half cost us this game

Is this the wake up call Dimma needs to realise that we play our best footy when we run and gun? Stop this possession shit game plan, and allow us to play the fast, attacking game we are naturally better at.
It's not that Dimma is telling the players to stop and chip, clubs plan for how we play and very easily shut us down. At times we can still break them open, such as the last half of the last quarter.

Is this the wake up call Dimma needs to realise that we play our best footy when we run and gun? Stop this possession shit game plan, and allow us to play the fast, attacking game we are naturally better at.
I think the message at half time was to run and gun.
Looked better when we went with it...still lots of mistakes but at least they had a go. It's a shame they didn't do it from the get go.

Well in absence of another more sophisticated plan..... Let's just run and play on all the time.... Pick skilled blokes (if we have any) and just keep playing on. If we'd played like that from the start we wouldn't have been coming back from 5 goals down halfway through the game.

Positives:

I continue to make money. Loving the bookmakers - make us favourites next week please
Demonstrated that run and gun is the only style that we play half effectively
Selwood enhances his reputation as the best ducker in the game
Corey Ellis will make it
Lloyd must be dropped

Negatives:

The start - How could you start like that after last week?
No real need to list them all and my computer will run out of ink (I'm sure that's possible)
Forward line
Batchelor today and most other days. Should be a better decision-maker
Blicavs body odour - just putrid. I wouldn't go near him either.
Skill level - despite the way we played, had our skill level been 10% better we would have won.
Lennon but it isn't his fault. He should have been played his 25th game not his whatever it was....
A bunch of other players...

In: Castagna, Lids, Conca, Menadue, Short
Out: The 5 worst players today.

If we are going to lose games anyway, let's start giving the kids a chance. I don't really see the point of including players who do not turn up week in week out anyway. It is easier to watch players who still care about playing well rather than those who don't care anymore.

Ps. I am not trolling. I just am not interested in making finals this year as the club will just cover the problems up anyway like they did last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5: Richmond V Geelong @ MCG - Saturday 1:45PM, 02/05/15 - Changes for North

Back