Preview Round 5 v Geelong at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m far more confident about this than the Essendon game (which went almost exactly as we all predicted).
Ports by 10.

Our so called exposed defense is the biggest misnomer doing the rounds on big footy. We've conceded the most inside 50's yet only narrowly lost to two of the in form teams. It isn't our issue ... pressure (or lack of it) further up the ground is our greatest concern at the minute. I know people like to point the finger at Henderson and Taylor being out and losing Lonergan and Mackie at the end of last season but Stewart, Kolodjashnij and Blicavs have found a new lease of life down back, particularly Kolo who is thriving playing his rightful position, and Stewart has picked up where he left off last season being that 3rd tall defender.

There are two key indicators to Port winning this game. Winning the clearances and fast ball movement from defense. Contrary to popular opinion, our defense has actually been our strength.

If you guys transition well, run and apply plenty of pressure you'll go a long way to winning this game. Ryder being out is a big blow - to state the obvious - and that's the one area I think we can cause a little bit of concern if we move the ball in fast by winning at the stoppages.

I still expect you to rebound after a couple of poor performances but Ryder being out gives me some hope. Port by about 3 goals but If we stop your run we're a chance.

Anyway, best of luck and I hope Motlop plays a good game to stick it up the Geelong faithful that forced his hand.

I'm just curious as to the bet you lost ;)

I normally tip us. Im just harder on them than others when they lose. Sorry.

LOL you're not hard on anything. It's the obvious relish you get out of anything bad happening that makes you so objectionable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Ablett and Dangerfield?
Scott said in his presser he's a certain starter and that Constable is a chance to debut which means Danger might play forward a bit more.

You're just eye balling those posts and nothing else. Better than living in lala land like some on here.

Oh yes I'm definitely ignoring all your constructiveness and reasonability, bigtime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 5 v Geelong at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back